• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FIFA World Cup (Russia) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it would be time to start this thread.

Brazil's 23 man squad reveled bar any other injuries except for Dani Alves.

DdLFmiKWAAA8L7d.jpg

Saudi unlikely to come back from that.

Still 1-0 with 9 minutes left. An equaliser any time now would be interesting lol.

Finished 1-0 to Uruguay. Saudi and Egypt out of the World Cup.

Yeah, not been the best. Maybe Spain can light things up. At least we are getting through the games quickly. The final games of the group will be interesting as long as there is still stuff to play for.

Yeah, hoping for some Spanish magic. Thankfully, yhere is more intrigue in later groups, considering the early results.

Yeah, unlike the Russia group many of them won't be settled after the 2nd round of games.

Don't worry everyone, I'm sure we can struggle with the Panamanian might and bugger up a winning opportunity of qualification to keep the drama alive.

Don't worry everyone, I'm sure we can struggle with the Panamanian might and bugger up a winning opportunity of qualification to keep the drama alive.

England is capable of anything lol.

:funny:

I always want England to do well. Fell in love with football watching the Premier League, and there are always at least a couple United players around. Outside of Mexico, who are my team, its England and Holland that I support in stuff like the Euros or when Mexico is eliminated that the WC.

:funny:

I always want England to do well. Fell in love with football watching the Premier League, and there are always at least a couple United players around. Outside of Mexico, who are my team, its England and Holland that I support in stuff like the Euros or when Mexico is eliminated that the WC.
Cool. England used to be really good but painful to watch when I was a kid. We'd always go out in dramatic style in the World Cup (usually to a good team) and with some unlucky event thrown in for good measure, but our performances had real heart and we used to keep attacking non-stop.

Cool. England used to be really good but painful to watch when I was a kid. We'd always go out in dramatic style in the World Cup (usually to a good team) and with some unlucky event thrown in for good measure, but our performances had real heart and we used to keep attacking non-stop.
Hopefully it is a return to form for you guys. A lot of young potential around right now, including the first legit goal scorer in a long time. Though man, that defense.

Hopefully it is a return to form for you guys. A lot of young potential around right now, including the first legit goal scorer in a long time. Though man, that defense.

...and people are saying Cahill needs to come back.... :cwink:

This tournament feels different than prior ones. It's the first one where we haven't had an expectation of doing really well which takes the pressure off and also means much less disappointment if we do badly. I think that Iceland game contributed to killing off hope for a lot of England fans. In the past we would have still gone out, but would have given it all and created loads of chances and had goals disallowed etc. That game was just a horrendous experience making you question why you even follow international football lol.

The commentator just said that Gareth Southgate has dislocated his right shoulder while out runnning today. Now that is typical Engalnd :funny::csad::dry:

This tournament feels different than prior ones. It's the first one where we haven't had an expectation of doing really well which takes the pressure off and also means much less disappointment if we do badly. I think that Iceland game contributed to killing off hope for a lot of England fans. In the past we would have still gone out, but would have given it all and created loads of chances and had goals disallowed etc. That game was just a horrendous experience making you question why you even follow international football lol.

Aye, it wasn't a mistake or a penalty, it was just players 'giving up' against Iceland, not caring or having any clue as to why or what they were there for. Very dark times.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Southgate for changing the atmosphere & psychology of the way players are dealt with and the allowance of treating the players to a degree as individuals & adults.

The commentator just said that Gareth Southgate has dislocated his right shoulder while out runnning today. Now that is typical Engalnd :funny::csad::dry:

Running ? Naah, he was just using a rubber on the team sheet too hard trying to get rid of Sterling's name.

Aye, it wasn't a mistake or a penalty, it was just players 'giving up' against Iceland, not caring or having any clue as to why or what they were there for. Very dark times.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Southgate for changing the atmosphere & psychology of the way players are dealt with and the allowance of treating the players to a degree as individuals & adults.

Yes, it was my worst experience as an England fan. If I see that then I also can't be bothered to care. All the prior times the players did their best and that's all I can ask.

Yes, I think most fans appreciate what Southgate has achieved to date, even though most understandably groaned when he was appointed. He's done well so far with the tools available.

Running ? Naah, he was just using a rubber on the team sheet too hard trying to get rid of Sterling's name.

Haha, that actually sounds more likely. How the hell do you dislocate your shoulder running?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"