• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Film reviews with Ultron-5

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hello citizens. This is the thread where I will review films. I will mostly review films of my choice but if there is a certain film you want me to review, and if it's not some weird movie I've never seen before, I may review a film of your choice. I will also discuss upcoming movies and movies that were never made such as Superman Lives. My first review will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

The Misc Film forum is probably a better home for this thread

I love giant spiders in movies where they make no sense! Also, fighting polar bears is awesome.

Batman (1989)
I love this movie. It is my favorite movie in the Batman franchise as well as one of my favorite superhero movies. Batman is a superb piece of cinema. Batman was released on June 23 1989. It stars Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier/The Joker, and Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale. It was written by Sam Hamm and Warren Skaaren, and directed by Tim Burton. The plot revolves around the two key figures in this movie, Batman and The Joker. Some fans criticize this movie for making The Joker kill Batman's parents, but I do not have a problem with this because it increased the buildup to the final confrontation between Batman and The Joker. The design for this film is exquisite! Anton Furst did an amazing job designing a gritty, noirish Gotham City. The Batmobile in this movie is also incredible. Before this film was released, Batman was considered a campy and silly superhero due to the Adam West era. Frank Miller came along with the brilliant comic The Dark Knight Returns and changed how the public viewed Batman. The success of The Dark Knight Returns is what led to a darker Batman film. The cast in Batman is perfect. Michael Keaton is the definitive cinematic Batman in my opinion. Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Michael Gough, and the rest of the cast do an amazing job also. The score by Danny Elfman is also excellent. I give Batman a
5/5

The Machinist (2004)

This is an interesting one. The Machinist, starring Christian Bale, was released on January 18 2004. It did okay at the box office. The Machinist stars Christian Bale as Trevor Reznik, Jennifer Jason Leigh as Stevie, and John Sharian as Ivan. It was written by Scott Kosar, and directed by Brad Anderson. This movie is very dense, meaning there is lots of deeper themes. Christian Bale shows how dedicated an actor can be as he lost 173 pounds before filming. The cast does a good job and the visuals are very dark and disturbing. This is a very dark psychological thriller that makes you wonder. Is that real, or he just imagining that stuff? This is definitely a movie you have to watch more then once, and it's a very good movie. I give The Machinist a
4/5

I request the undeniable masterpiece, The Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"