Filmmakers who are REAL comic book fans

Mass Nerder

Civilian
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I actually like it better when a filmmaker, like Chris Nolan, is just honest and says things like "I've never been a big comic book fan but I understand and love the mythology". I hate when people like Sam Raimi "claim" to be a big comic book fan but haven't actually read comics since they were like 13. Well here is a list of some filmmakers I believe to be true fans (and by true fans I mean people who still read comics)

David S. Goyer
Kevin Smith
Mark Steven Johnson (while I hated DD and Ghost Rider I do believe he is a fan boy at heart, which just goes to show you even fans can make bad movies)
Guillermo del Toro

I'm sure they're more. Little Help?

Apparently Clint Eastwood liked Namor as a kid.
He's been approached to play Batman before, but he never had any interest playing anybody but the Sub-Mariner.

Apparently Clint Eastwood liked Namor as a kid.
He's been approached to play Batman before, but he never had any interest playing anybody but the Sub-Mariner.
Wow! That came outta left field! I had no idea!

Also I wanted to add to my list Matthew Vaugh.

Jon Favreau said he was a Cap, Avengers and I forgot who else fan growing up.

I remember watching the documentary on the DVD of The Wrestler, and they were interviewing Darren Aronofsky at his home. In the background, you can see a bookcase, populated by a variety of graphic novels. He's been involved with a number of comic-related film properties over the years, The Wolverine is his next film, and he even wrote The Fountain as a graphic novel before the film was released. I'd say he'd likely be included on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"