• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Firefighters Forced To Attend Gay Pride Parade

Anybody remember this??

11backtotopic.gif

Firefighters forced to attend gay pride parade by lesbian fire chief

August 6th, 2007 |
'Firefighters forced to attend gay pride parade by lesbian fire chief' are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the annual “Gay Pride” parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures.San Diego’s fire chief, Tracy Jarman, is an open lesbian who called the July 21 parade a “fun event” in which “all employees function". Four firefighters are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the important Gay parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures.
San Diego’s fire chief, Tracy Jarman, is an open lesbian who called the July 21 parade a “fun event” in which “all employees are encouraged to participate.”
But the firefighters said, unlike previous years, they were ordered into uniform to participate in the parade in their fire truck, despite repeated their protests.
The firefighters’ legal counsel, the Thomas More Law Center, said the men were “left with the Hobson’s choice of either violating their conscience or being disciplined for disobeying a direct order.”
The firefighters, described as devoted husbands and fathers, said they were subject to the most vulgar kinds of sexual harassment.
“You could not even look at the crowd without getting some type of sexual gesture,” one said, adding, “If any crew member were to hang up pictures at the station of what we saw, we would be disciplined.”
Over the course of three hours, they heard statements such as, “show me your hose,” “you can put out my fire,” “you’re making me hot,” “give me mouth-to-mouth,” “you look hungry, why don’t you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a “Girth and Mirth” t-shirt),” and “blow my hose.”
When they refused to respond to the crowd, some in the crowd turned hostile and started shouting, “F— you firemen” and others began “flipping them off.”
San Diego area attorney, Charles LiMandri, the West Coast director of the Thomas More Law Center, insists the city should have known from past experience “the kind of offensive activities that go on at this event.”
“This was a clear case of sexual harassment in violation of state and federal law as well as the City’s own code of conduct,” he said.
LiMandri said the firefighters also were targets of sexual gestures, including exposure of genitals, blowing kisses, grabbing of the crotch, rubbing of nipples, tongue gestures and men hugging and kissing one another passionately – many wearing make-up and dressed like women.
Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the Thomas More Law Center argued the constitutional right to free speech also protects the right not to speak.
“These men should not have to explain to their families, friends and church congregations that their presence at a celebration of lewdness and obscenity in support of theimportant homosexual agenda was because they were forced there by way of a direct order,” he said. “This is a clear violation of their constitutional rights, and the city must be held accountable. It should never happen again to any city employee.”
Jarman, the city fire chief, insisted when she was appointed that her homosexuality never been an issue at the department.
But Thompson maintained the firefighters’ ordeal was “another example of how radical homosexual activists in positions of authority force their agenda on unwilling citizens.”
“Although the local media avoided mentioning the debauchery and the obscenity that pervaded the parade, the general public should know what went on and how these firefighters were forced to participate against their will,” he said.

I hope these firefighters break the bank on this one!! Where's the frikkin' ACLU?????????? If some gay people were made to attend a church parade or something, they'd be all over this.

Yes we do, and for a good while a good portion of us were in agreement that it was unfair, but then you brought your bigoted rhetoric into the discussion.

Yes we do, and for a good while a good portion of us were in agreement that ti ws unfair, but then you brought you bigoted rhetoric into the discussion.

Damn, when Anthony has to put you in your place, there's a problem. :up:

jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinewave
yeah, i'm still waiting for him to respond to some questions i posed to him in that thread about the church refusing to host a funeral service for a gay dude. he's great at posting moronic drivel and then running away and hiding.

Photojones: It would be one thing to actually have a debate with someone, but that's virtually impossible with Celldog/Slim.

I have responded over and over again to the same ridiculous questions! When are you guys gonna realize that it's not that I'm not answering....it's that you don't like my answers!!!!

Also........I have resigned to myself a "stopping point" if you will in some of these debates. I find it laughable that Punisher X comes back here crying about how the "mean ol' Bible board" hurt his wittle feelings!
lol.gif
And has never given it a single thought when he and all his cronies have the advantage over here.

Thus.....I pick a point for me where discussion is not possible. I say my points. You counter (always). I counter a few more times and then I'm finished. It's wasted energy. I won't change anybody's mind and you certainly won't change mine.

So...if you feel hurt by me not jumping at your beck and call on another stupid question, it's not because I don't have an answer. I just won't waste my time.

Got it?? :yay:

I'd like to know what Celldog thinks of everyone calling him out on being a bigot.

Anybody remember this??

11backtotopic.gif

Firefighters forced to attend gay pride parade by lesbian fire chief

August 6th, 2007 |
'Firefighters forced to attend gay pride parade by lesbian fire chief' are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the annual “Gay Pride” parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures.San Diego’s fire chief, Tracy Jarman, is an open lesbian who called the July 21 parade a “fun event” in which “all employees function". Four firefighters are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the important Gay parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures.
San Diego’s fire chief, Tracy Jarman, is an open lesbian who called the July 21 parade a “fun event” in which “all employees are encouraged to participate.”
But the firefighters said, unlike previous years, they were ordered into uniform to participate in the parade in their fire truck, despite repeated their protests.
The firefighters’ legal counsel, the Thomas More Law Center, said the men were “left with the Hobson’s choice of either violating their conscience or being disciplined for disobeying a direct order.”
The firefighters, described as devoted husbands and fathers, said they were subject to the most vulgar kinds of sexual harassment.
“You could not even look at the crowd without getting some type of sexual gesture,” one said, adding, “If any crew member were to hang up pictures at the station of what we saw, we would be disciplined.”
Over the course of three hours, they heard statements such as, “show me your hose,” “you can put out my fire,” “you’re making me hot,” “give me mouth-to-mouth,” “you look hungry, why don’t you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a “Girth and Mirth” t-shirt),” and “blow my hose.”
When they refused to respond to the crowd, some in the crowd turned hostile and started shouting, “F— you firemen” and others began “flipping them off.”
San Diego area attorney, Charles LiMandri, the West Coast director of the Thomas More Law Center, insists the city should have known from past experience “the kind of offensive activities that go on at this event.”
“This was a clear case of sexual harassment in violation of state and federal law as well as the City’s own code of conduct,” he said.
LiMandri said the firefighters also were targets of sexual gestures, including exposure of genitals, blowing kisses, grabbing of the crotch, rubbing of nipples, tongue gestures and men hugging and kissing one another passionately – many wearing make-up and dressed like women.
Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the Thomas More Law Center argued the constitutional right to free speech also protects the right not to speak.
“These men should not have to explain to their families, friends and church congregations that their presence at a celebration of lewdness and obscenity in support of theimportant homosexual agenda was because they were forced there by way of a direct order,” he said. “This is a clear violation of their constitutional rights, and the city must be held accountable. It should never happen again to any city employee.”
Jarman, the city fire chief, insisted when she was appointed that her homosexuality never been an issue at the department.
But Thompson maintained the firefighters’ ordeal was “another example of how radical homosexual activists in positions of authority force their agenda on unwilling citizens.”
“Although the local media avoided mentioning the debauchery and the obscenity that pervaded the parade, the general public should know what went on and how these firefighters were forced to participate against their will,” he said.

I hope these firefighters break the bank on this one!! Where's the frikkin' ACLU?????????? If some gay people were made to attend a church parade or something, they'd be all over this.

Sir, this is the Hype. Since when has staying on topic been the number one concern here? :huh: :o

Sir, this is the Hype. Since when has staying on topic been the number one concern here? :huh: :o

Since he started getting buried on other arguments and decided he'd rather go back to the original argument instead. :dry:

jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinewave
yeah, i'm still waiting for him to respond to some questions i posed to him in that thread about the church refusing to host a funeral service for a gay dude. he's great at posting moronic drivel and then running away and hiding.

I have responded over and over again to the same ridiculous questions! When are you guys gonna realize that it's not that I'm not answering....it's that you don't like my answers!!!!

Also........I have resigned to myself a "stopping point" if you will in some of these debates. I find it laughable that Punisher X comes back here crying about how the "mean ol' Bible board" hurt his wittle feelings!
lol.gif
And has never given it a single thought when he and all his cronies have the advantage over here.

Thus.....I pick a point for me where discussion is not possible. I say my points. You counter (always). I counter a few more times and then I'm finished. It's wasted energy. I won't change anybody's mind and you certainly won't change mine.

So...if you feel hurt by me not jumping at your beck and call on another stupid question, it's not because I don't have an answer. I just won't waste my time.

Got it?? :yay:

just so you're aware, here's the questions i'm referring to:

Memphis Slim said:
Originally Posted by Memphis Slim View Post
No......you don't need to agree with ME. You need to agree with the Bible. And it's very clear that either you failed "reading comprehension" or you are reading in the dark. Everything you believe in runs contrary to the Bible you claim to have read.

2 Timothy 3:7 "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

sinewave said:
so you're saying everyone "needs to agree with the bible"? why?

as for your support of this church's decision not to host the funeral i've got two things to point out:

1) if everyone's a sinner why deny this specific one a funeral? don't you sin every time go to the bathroom?

2) i noticed you took the church's side about the content of the pictures that were given to them for the video, why is that?

see, you those aren't the same questions you've been responding to. i feel they're legitimate.

i find it funny that you complain that no matter how much you explain your side of the story nobody ever let's it sink in. well, it goes both ways. plenty of people have posted thoughtful comments that counter your comments, but of course, in your mind you're never wrong, not matter how much logic is thrown at you. your opinion never changes. i'll happily admit that it looks hypocritical of the aclu to not attempt to intervene in this particular case, while bending over backwards to represent other similar civil rights cases, but you seem to operate out of such a narrow world view that you're not doing yourself any favors by behaving the way you do.

comparing punisher-x's respectful, yet opposing viewpoints on the bible site to your repetitive, antagonistic posts here is laughable.

Sinewave, you forget the reason that they did that. If they kept punisher-x on there, who actually wanted to engage in conversation and perhaps move away from simply parroting whatever the bible says or whatever the preacher uttered the previous sunday, the people on that site would actually have used their brains. However, it would have caused severely incapacitating headaches, similar to how if you sit on your leg and then attempt to walk and that one leg is limp

Oh my God, thats awful!

Seriously if they did actually think and begin to lose their faith, or begin to question what they were taught, the would be so pissed off about all the things they may have missed out on because their refered to the Bible and Jesus (who they think talks to them). They would be so pissed off or depressed that they'll be emotionally numb for years.:wow:

Beck rules, despite his cult.

Well I don't think he's one of those strong believers like Tom Cruise, but whatever.

Scientology would be like any other religion if it werent for the fee to join, or the mysterious pre-mature deaths.

It'd be a lot worse than that. If it was ever accurately filmed, it'd never get released. The violence, sexual imagery, politically-incorrect statements, and various other factors would be so controversial, no one would ever see the result...and if they did, it'd probably make them mental. the human mind can not comprehend every ounce of truth in the Bible, which is one of the chief reasons why people say it's false. they'd rather accuse God than admit their own weaknesses and faults.

Like the truth of the first recorded instance of the Nuremburg defense (I was simply following orders) when Abraham was a hair's breadth from killing his son Isaac, or flip over to Judges where Jephthah offered his daughter as a sacrifice to god, because he made a vow to god that he would offer the first thing that came from his house as a burnt offering if god would grant him victory over a particular group of people.

Or the truth that if you're married to a hot wife, it's perfectly fine to take advantage of the trust offered you by another individual by having them think that your wife is your sister. Check the book of genesis for that one.

Or the truth that one has to leave their family, friends, and other loved ones to follow god. Kinda like the same thing that cults tell their prospective victims, because it's much easier to indoctrinate someone when they're not around their friends or family.

Or the truth that genocide is perfectly okely-dokely as long as you believe in the right deity. But just make sure you save the women folk that are still virgins so you can use them for breeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"