• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels First Class, Wolverine Origins 2 & Deadpool Composers?

VenomVsSpidey

Superhero
Reaction score
Who do you think should compose the scores for these? Seeing as the X-men movies have the worst score continuity ever, who should compose for First Class, Wolverine Origins 2 & Deadpool?

For First Class I'd like to see Powell or Ottman come back again, they have great orchestral sounds.

Wolverine I would hope they keep Gregson-Williams, I loved his score for Origins.

Finally Deadpool : I imagine that score to be kind of like a mix between Orchestral & Rock.

So who would you guys choose?

If Singer was directing First Class he'd most likely get John Ottman back. Bryan may suggest Ottman to Vaughn, unless of course Bryan wants Ottman for Jack the Giant Killer. Then they'll have to get someone else.

Vaughn worked with Ilan Eshkeri on Stardust and Kick-Ass. Here's some of his stuff:

[YT]5SMJ228BwbA[/YT]

In Kick-Ass Vaughn used a few tracks from John Murphy. I'm not sure if his style would fit with First Class, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Vaughn worked with Ilan Eshkeri on Stardust and Kick-Ass.

In Kick-Ass Vaughn used a few tracks from John Murphy. I'm not sure if his style would fit with First Class, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.
Eshkeri, Murphy and two other composers actually worked together on the Kick-Ass score. It was probably Murphy himself who suggested using some of his earlier stuff, maybe. Or Vaughn liked his stuff and wanted him onboard on the scoring team.

Anyway, Eshkeri also scored Vaughn's Layer Cake with Lisa Gerrard (Gladiator). My bet is on Ilan Eshkeri for First Class.

I would say, bring back someone who worked on the other films, but I guess at this rate, it doesn't matter. :p

I do kinda miss the heavy techno-grunge, high strings style of the late Michael Kamen.

I think it's a safe bet Ilan Eshkeri will score First Class, I doubt Fox wants several composers on this pic like Vaughn did for Kick-Ass. Eshkeri is a solid choice, his score for Stardust was excellent.

I have no clue who'll score the other two. Maybe once the directors come on, we'll have some good ideas who they'll be.

Assuming John Ottman Isn't busy with jack The Giant Killer I would love to see him
back composing an X-Men film.Loved the score on X2.

I think you either need to just have a score if so - the guy who did the score for hellboy was good.
Or
You would want some rock band to mix some stuff, it worked well for Ac/Dc in Ironman

although i would probably suggest a michael jackson score...

I think you either need to just have a score if so - the guy who did the score for hellboy was good.
Or
You would want some rock band to mix some stuff, it worked well for Ac/Dc in Ironman

although i would probably suggest a michael jackson score...

Na man, no rock for Deadpool. It needs to be grimey rave music like they had in Blade. With some added zaniness to it.

The Crystal Method or maybe even The RZA would be perfect.

Ottman or Eshker :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"