Sequels How many X-Men related movies would you like to see?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
so far we have 4, an X-Men Trilogy and a Wolverine origin story. But with Marvel now owned by the sinister Disney corporation. We can gather the following. That the X-Men's expanded universe and Fox's tight grip on anything X-Men movie wise. We will expect more and more of them to appear on the big screen. Fans seem to want a new X-Men related story every 3 years... explaining the X-Men 2000 to X2 2003 then x3 in 2006 and wolverine in 2009 - So we can denote that First Class will probably be done by 2012...

The way i look at it is that they will produce three Origin stories. We have had one Wolverine, the next will be First Class. But the third remains unknown... at first you could of said Magneto but thats now on a back burner. Then you could say Deadpool but to be honest Deadpool is gonna be the next Blade franchise and i dont think you could count that in the x-men universe as Deadpool will be its own identiy. So we have one spot empty? Possibly Wolverine 2? i think so, im growing closer and closer to thinking that Wolverine franchise wont reach a trilogy but will have a second outing in Japan... the reason i say that is because i think Wolverine is only a two parter story before you come to x-men 1 where he appeared in the bar at the begining of x1. So how does this fit in?

Consider this, You are getting the ORIGIN of the x-men told over three movies... Basically Fox are trying to do a Star Wars Duel trilogy one the origin the other a prequel trilogy. So we are getting a true Movie style origin on that sense, So you have the making of wolverine, the war.

Personally i think X-Men Origins Nightcralwer would fit perfectly as the third origin story that would fit the pieces together tobring you to x1. But i have another topic for that.

But how many X-Men related movies would you like to see.

My current prediction is this...

X-Men 1 - 2000
X-Men 2 - 2003
X-Men 3 - 2006
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 2009
X-Men Origins: First Class - 2012
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 - 2015
X-Men 4 - 2018
X-Men 5 - 2021
X-Men 6 - 2024

2012= First Class, Wolverine 2 (maybe Deadpool)
2014= First CLass 2
2016= First Class 3

I mean if they want Deadpool sequels they can spread those around. But really besides First Class and Deadpool. I don't think I want any X-Men stories with this current continuity so I think a reboot would be good after the alst First Class film

I'd love this:

2012 --> X-men: First Class (directed by Bryan Singer)
2014 --> X-men 4 (Bryan Singer)
2016 --> X-men 5 (Bryan Singer)

Id be sooooooooooooooooooo happy just with that.

If X1 - X3 is our equivalent of the Star Wars original trilogy I think I'm going to cry.

I don't think Fox will ever pay for any followups to the Last Stand.Instead
I think the future of the films will go like this.

2011-Wolverine II

2013-X-Men first Class

If Wolveine II Is a success expect a third Wolverine.First Class Is likely the
first part of a new trilogy.Plus Fox has Deadpool to play with.After wolverine
and First Class trilogys then Fox may go ahead and play the reboot card.

Wolverine II first allows Bryan Singer to do jack The Giant Killer without
Fox getting desperate to have First Class.Then doing Wolverine III after
First Class allows him do Battlestar galactica and come back for the second
first Class film.

I'd like to see a weird indie X-factor movie with no character connections to the main set of movies, but still in the established world. I can dream can't I?

I think X-Factor Investigations would work well as a TV Series...

Eric Dane could continue playing the role.

After x-Men: Days of Future Past, I want at least five more movies!

You know, looking at the differences between FOX's X-Men franchise and Marvel Studios's MCU continuity it struck me what has really held the X-Men back at the movies from being giant films(actually, it's many things that are doing that but one or two above all others): an utter lack of ambition and faith in what they are selling. Can you imagine how it would be if the characters were in the other studios possession? If FOX has the Avengers and MS had the X-Men?

First off, I doubt FOX would ever have been able to manage the balls to get The Avengers off the ground but over at MS we'd be getting 2 X-films a year rather than an average of one every 2 years. And they'd branch out so as to give all the many X-men characters more space to actually be developed as characters instead of say someone like Colossus being still just a cameo in the backround that he is in the FOX filmverse. There'd be room to develop the X/Juggy rivalry and all that and show audiences the richness and depth of this universe that the FOX films have barely managed to scratch the surface of.

Actually X3 had the potential of being a giant film if only the movie was good enough to have strong legs at the worldwide box-office. And they lost the momentum of the series when they decided to focus on prequels. Then the 1st two X-Men movies came out in a period where they were only few films that were based on comic-books. X-Men is actually the 1st movie based on Marvel Comics that did really well, the first movie that earned more than $100 million at the domestic box-office. With Marvel Studios, they had a lot of superhero films to look at, like they already know which films worked and which films didn't work, releasing superhero films is not rare anymore. FOX didn't have that back in the late 90s when they were developing the first X-Men movie.

Last edited:
I understand the benefit of hindsight and that where we are now is not where we were back then. But even so FOX is still way behind the curve on this one where 10 years ago they were setting the curve.

After DOFP, depending on how it ends, I'd like to see either a film in the 80s with a roster including Cyclops, Beast, Jean, and Storm or a film in the present era with Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, Colossus, and Iceman.

After DOFP, I want the line-up to be like this

X5: Mutant Massacre (2016) - Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Shadowcat, Colossus, Bishop, Mr. Sinister, Marrow, Marauders

X6: Age of Apocalypse (2018) - Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Psylocke, Rogue, Shadowcat, Iceman, Colossus, Apocalypse, Archangel, Horsemen

Actually X3 had the potential of being a giant film if only the movie was good enough to have strong legs at the worldwide box-office. And they lost the momentum of the series when they decided to focus on prequels. Then the 1st two X-Men movies came out in a period where they were only few films that were based on comic-books. X-Men is actually the 1st movie based on Marvel Comics that did really well, the first movie that earned more than $100 million at the domestic box-office. With Marvel Studios, they had a lot of superhero films to look at, like they already know which films worked and which films didn't work, releasing superhero films is not rare anymore. FOX didn't have that back in the late 90s when they were developing the first X-Men movie.

Yes, X3 could have been massive. The opening weekend was astonishing. But, thanks to the outcry from fans and the mediocre reviews, it lost its legs. If it had been a better movie, it would have had great legs.

I understand the benefit of hindsight and that where we are now is not where we were back then. But even so FOX is still way behind the curve on this one where 10 years ago they were setting the curve.

Marvel has earned the trust of comic book fans. Fox lost a lot of that trust. And as soon as Marvel started making movies, a lot of fans wanted Marvel to make the movies of all of Marvel comic books and so a natural resentment of other studios started to build up. No matter how good the movies from Sony, Fox, etc, many fans just want Marvel to have the rights.

You know, looking at the differences between FOX's X-Men franchise and Marvel Studios's MCU continuity it struck me what has really held the X-Men back at the movies from being giant films(actually, it's many things that are doing that but one or two above all others): an utter lack of ambition and faith in what they are selling. Can you imagine how it would be if the characters were in the other studios possession? If FOX has the Avengers and MS had the X-Men?

First off, I doubt FOX would ever have been able to manage the balls to get The Avengers off the ground but over at MS we'd be getting 2 X-films a year rather than an average of one every 2 years. And they'd branch out so as to give all the many X-men characters more space to actually be developed as characters instead of say someone like Colossus being still just a cameo in the backround that he is in the FOX filmverse. There'd be room to develop the X/Juggy rivalry and all that and show audiences the richness and depth of this universe that the FOX films have barely managed to scratch the surface of.

Marvel has patiently built its onscreen superhero universe, and it's paid off.

But there is a difference too, in that the Avengers is composed mostly of heroes who have also thrived in their own comic book series. Thus, solo introductory films work well (though Hulk never was a big hit). But X-Men isn't like that; most of the mutants don't have successful solo comic book series.

The prequel/spin-off thing has never really worked that well for X-Men. It might have been seen as a less expensive method that could focus on one or two characters, but the films (Origins, First Class) haven't done that well.

However, First Class has been useful in providing a past setting for DoFP, so it did serve some purpose.

Id be more than happy with just two more team movies, one set in the past and another set in present.

But if Fox goes beyond that, Id be super happy, of course :D

DOFP will mark four movies with original cast actors and if they do a FC sequel set in the 80's, that would mean three movies set in the past, so seems like a pretty decent arc. Of course they could do more, but its up to then.

Lets see what happens

Yes, X3 could have been massive. The opening weekend was astonishing. But, thanks to the outcry from fans and the mediocre reviews, it lost its legs. If it had been a better movie, it would have had great legs.

It would definitely earned more than 300,000 million at the domestic box-office!

X1- 100m+
X2- 200m+
X3- 300m+

:wow:

With X4 potentially hitting the $400m mark and X5 potentially hitting the $500m mark. Keeping Bryan Singer on X3 was the key to success.

yeah, totally agree.

X3 opening was an indication that the movie had a huge potential, pretty sad how it ended:

no memorable movie, and no memorable boxoffice.

But luckily to us, DOFP have ALL the ingredients to be the biggest x-men movie ever, and more than likely the BEST of them all, so after its release, we'll be on a whole different level, closer to the biggest franchises to date.

but you arent talking about the quality of the movie, right? hehe

It was memorable for all the controversy it had after its release, thats for sure, ll

It's still the biggest X-Men film released and box office wise though.

True def28, but I'm confident that DOFP will unseat it. I know that the only reason it did so well was due to fan momentum from X1 and X2. Singer is the key to financial success of these films.

True def28, but I'm confident that DOFP will unseat it. I know that the only reason it did so well was due to fan momentum from X1 and X2. Singer is the key to financial success of these films.

Oh yeah, DofP should easily be the highest grosser especially with it being in 3D.

I don't think X1 had anything to do X3 being a huge success at the box office but X2 def played a very big role in that. X3 was also marketed well plus looked and felt like a bigger film. Sure it's hated by some but not as much as most think imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"