House of the Dragon Focus of Future ‘House of the Dragon’ Seasons?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Since the showrunners have confirmed that the Dance of the Dragons would only be the focus of 3-4 seasons of HOTD, what are we thinking warrants focus past that point?

Obviously, Aegon’s Conquest is the big one on my mind.

But I’m not gonna lie and pretend I haven’t been mentally fancasting the Mad King/Robert’s Rebellion era in my head. (Richard Armitage as younger Tywin). I’m just curious if there would be enough there that the story could still be a surprise to the long-time fans.

Since the showrunners have confirmed that the Dance of the Dragons would only be the focus of 3-4 seasons of HOTD, what are we thinking warrants focus past that point?

Obviously, Aegon’s Conquest is the big one on my mind.

But I’m not gonna lie and pretend I haven’t been mentally fancasting the Mad King/Robert’s Rebellion era in my head. (Richard Armitage as younger Tywin). I’m just curious if there would be enough there that the story could still be a surprise to the long-time fans.

Aegon's Conquest is the one I want to see as well. I think there is interesting stuff there like the relationship between Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys. Without getting into spoilers the stuff with the Starks would be interesting to see fleshed out. The Harrenhall battle has the potential to be amazing. And seeing Balerion realized on screen in all his glory also could be amazing. My fan casting for Aegon's would be Henry Cavill but I can also see why he might not want to play another white haired fantasy character.

While I don't know much about it the Blackfire Rebellion seems really interesting. For me the Targaryens are my favorite part of the whole A Song of Ice and Fire saga. While Robert's Rebellion is pretty much the end of the Targaryens I do think there is a lot to explore there as well. I think you could really dig into the Smiling Knight and the relationship between Rhaegar and Lyanna. Would it really surprise people I'm not sure but I still think it could be very interesting.

Daeron’s conquest of Dorne and the various Blackfyre Rebellions seem like the most obvious choices.

I want to clarify that nothing has been set in stone regarding number of seasons or any continuation of the show past the Dance. That said, IMO it would be best to end the show after the Dance and have potential future installments as their own entities under the same brand. Like 'Narcos:Mexico.'

The obvious choice if you ask me is to step away from the Targs for a bit, let the other spinoffs play out for a while, then once the actors for certain surviving characters are old enough, follow up with 'House of the Dragon:Unworthy' tracking the rise and fall of Aegon IV through the repercussions of his death: That gets you the Conquest of Dorne, Baelor's reign, all of Aegon's shenanigans and climaxing with the First Blackfyre Rebellion.

I want to clarify that nothing has been set in stone regarding number of seasons or any continuation of the show past the Dance. That said, IMO it would be best to end the show after the Dance and have potential future installments as their own entities under the same brand. Like 'Narcos:Mexico.'

The obvious choice if you ask me is to step away from the Targs for a bit, let the other spinoffs play out for a while, then once the actors for certain surviving characters are old enough, follow up with 'House of the Dragon:Unworthy' tracking the rise and fall of Aegon IV through the repercussions of his death: That gets you the Conquest of Dorne, Baelor's reign, all of Aegon's shenanigans and climaxing with the First Blackfyre Rebellion.
That’s kind of what I’ve been thinking. Hypothetically, it would be somewhat jarring to go from this era to, like, Aegon I without really making note of it. Returning to air as HOTD: Conquest or something makes much more sense.

I want a Age of Heroes show tbh, i want to see the beginning, but I'd need GRRM to flesh that era out more. I also think we need a redemption story for the White Walkers, cause they were kinda wasted imo. I also want to see the wall get built etc.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Andal invasion story either.

I am actually curious to see just how far HBO is willing to expand the GOT franchise beyond this show. I doubt they’ll go as buckwild as Disney+ has with Star Wars and Marvel, to the point where it’s almost a year-round presence. But I’m sure we’re in for more now that this is a hit.

I am actually curious to see just how far HBO is willing to expand the GOT franchise beyond this show. I doubt they’ll go as buckwild as Disney+ has with Star Wars and Marvel, to the point where it’s almost a year-round presence. But I’m sure we’re in for more now that this is a hit.
They have a crap-ton of shows in early development right now. Obviously not everything will come to fruition, but it's clear they want a major franchise out of TWOIAF, and in my opinion it can absolutely work. It's an awesome world full of opportunity for fresh stories.

I'd forgotten that Dorne hadn't been conquered at the time of HotD. The Conquest would definitely make for a good show, especially such a different Targaryen like Baelor.

But I agree that future shows should probably tackle a different topic. I'm still bummed about Bloodmoon's cancellation, Jane Goldman's a great writer and she could've cooked up something special. Hopefully one day we'll get to see it somehow (either a leak or as more content for HBO Max).

Just give me my Doom of Valyria show. I’m bored with “this guy and this guy and this guy are scheming for the throne.” I want some real intrigue.

They have a crap-ton of shows in early development right now. Obviously not everything will come to fruition, but it's clear they want a major franchise out of TWOIAF, and in my opinion it can absolutely work. It's an awesome world full of opportunity for fresh stories.
I think this first spinoff succeeding was very important. There will be more faith for what comes next now, and the potential of a universe to get invested in.

Maybe they'll get to a show a year pace eventually if everything they bring out is successful. More likely one every 2 years for now I guess while only one coming out at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"