• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For baseball fans and anyone else who knows a bit

ang_hulk

Sidekick
Reaction score
I need to answer these questions about MLB

1. what is the avg salary of MLB?
2. What si the minimum salary of major league baseball?
3. what are incentives other than salary, available to the average MLB player?(not fame things like health insurance? etc)
5. what does barry zito make PER GAME?
6.barry zito a pitcher, signed a new contract say he starts 35 games this year..... what will he make per start?
7. what is the average attednance yearly?
8. what is the average ticket price of the MLB game?
9. do MLB teams make money?
10. how does the MLB try to help small market teams?

Any help would be great

No, you can figure all this out. No, I am not going to do it.

So, has anybody else heard about this 'Google' thing? :huh:

Ive googled each question-nothing.Ive called the people at the mlb office,they said theyd have to get back to me,I have gone to wiki,alamanac and espn,although i tihnk i found who the highest player is i only get results for 06.IF its that easy why dont you do it?

I did do it. I've looked for this type of info before (in MLB and other sports). However, I have no intention of posting it because I think you're either a lazy ass or just suck at web searches. :o

Seriously, this isn't that hard.

again,Ive contacted the mlb league office who should have this info,they werent sure of the three people i talked to.I doubt you have found this info.If anyone can I will be impressed.

Then the league office is laughing at you, becuase all the info I've found cites MLB. I actually got curious just to see if some of this stuff had been mysteriously wiped from the realm of the internet. It took me less than the time it takes to conjure a good fart after an influx of baked beans to find the average salary of a MLB player, the minimum salary, varied percentage analyses, projections for next year and a whole bunch of other crap. If it involved any kind of high-grade query I'd post it, but this is ridiculous.

Tell me the truth, this is a part of some sociology experiment in which you're sampling a specific subset and gauging their inclination to provide assistance on a subject matter that's wholly irrelevant to the tying interests that define them ...right? :huh:

Fun fact that you didn't ask for: 3rd Basemen, on average, were the highest paid players last year, edging out 1st Basemen and DHs. :up:

you didnt half the answers to those questions,admit it.You found an average fact to try and prove you know/found those things but you didnt.anyways,still any help would be apprciated

UPDATE

After the league office got back to me I only have a few questiosn that need an answer

what does barry zito make PER GAME?

do MLB teams make money?

how does the MLB try to help small market teams?

barry zito a pitcher, signed a new contract say he starts 35 games this year..... what will he make per start?

what are incentives other than salary, available to the average MLB player?(not fame things like health insurance? etc)

what is the average ticket price for an mlb game.

thanks for any help

I didn't look for all of it. I spent about 15 seconds finding the salary info and another 10 finding the ticket price info. Three of those questions, I know off the top of my head. I threw out the stuff about position players because you didn't ask for it and I still feel this is some sort of scam (although, I will say I am inexplicably more inclined to 'help' you now than I was before).

If I wanted to prove I found the stuff, I'd simply post it. I'm actually waiting for someone who isn't as big of a jackass as I am to give you what you want. This all is actually very intriguing. Just off-hand, I'm guessing you're not much of a sports fan.

Another fun fact: Your numbered list skips over 4. :huh:

edit: The league stopped laughing? Good show, old chap. Now that you're not looking for it, did they tell you the average salary was slighty under $2.7M? :up:

it skips 4 because i had the answer for it.They werent able to answer those so I got in touch with the giants office and havent heard there contribution yet.Again,if your not going to contribute then stop posting and still youve found one then? two mabey? i thought you said it was easy??

on the question "do mlb teams make money" Im going to get more specific after I talk to the teacher about it but any info would help.

I am contributing. I dropped that huge hint about Google. That's the best advice I could give you. As far as what I found, I only posted the average salary info because you said you didn't need it anymore. It was easy, took about 10 seconds, just like the most of the stuff on that list. :up:

I'm curious. What type of web searches are you running that are leading you into this dreaded wall of despair? Beyond that, what in blue blazes is this for, anyway? :huh:

edit: It's a slow day. You've just about broken me down. Here's a bone (until I become indifferent again): The average ticket price (at the start of last season) was $22.21, up a little over 5% from the previous year. :up:

edit #2: I'm contributing more than I thought. I'm continuing to respond, thus helping to keep this thing visible. Otherwise, it would have been bumped back off the first page on Community because it's evident no one else gives a rat's ass. :up:

edit #3: I'm going to feel all kinds of silly when I inevitably and truly offer some help on this thing. :down

what did you google to find that info?

anyways,im into the phone tag stazge of things after google let me down as well as wiki and alamanac based sites.

:huh:

Seriously, let me in on the joke. I don't even care anymore. You didn't look for this stuff and there is no teacher. You just wanted someone else to do this for you, right?

i need the ticket price for 07.....to everyone else who is willing to contribute let me know,thanks.Havent found anything else out on the question about teams making money.

I don't know if ticket prices are set for this year yet. Even if they were, any aggregate analysis wouldn't likely be out until later.

Seriously. 'Fess up, already.

your making this alot harder then it should be,then again you cant find most of this info so instead of admitting or trying or just not coming here you linger.Anyways the question still stand,im sure the people i was waiting on phone calls from are out of the office.

UPDATE I have only one question without answer,how much barry zito makes per game.I just got off the phone with a guy from blb who handles player relations and was quite helpfull.Anyone who can help me track this answer that would be great.Thanks in advance.

God, you're dense. You still don't get how easy this stuff is to find. I found everything on that list with basically no effort at all and it's almost maddening that you can't do the same. That's not to point out any search proficiency on my part, but rather to illustrate your astonishing incability in the area.

Did you see how basic those searches were I ran to find that stuff? You actually called MLB for this? I'm surpised you can log on to the Hype. Good luck. I can't wait for your follow-up thread to this when you brave the big, bad world of sports to find out how many innings are in a baseball game. :up:

Im alot smarter then you apprently(not really,i am smarter then you but for this example apprently works a bit better),I was able to track this stuff down,you got only a few questions.If you knew youda posted it but you dont,mabey after some time you will,if you think there the tright answers post them,will see if they match up with mine.Anyways,if your not going to answer this question then why come here with nothing to show?

No, I found everything. I only bothered to post some of it. Most of it was available at the same source. Like I alluded earlier, your apparent inability to construct a basic internet search is fascinating ...and I'm still waiting for you to reveal the whole candid camera aspect of this. :up:

Im alot smarter then you apprently(not really,i am smarter then you but for this example apprently works a bit better),I was able to track this stuff down,you got only a few questions.If you knew youda posted it but you dont,mabey after some time you will,if you think there the tright answers post them,will see if they match up with mine.Anyways,if your not going to answer this question then why come here with nothing to show?
Just a friendly piece of advice: Before you go rambling on about how smart you are (or how much smarter you are than someone else), you might want to make sure your grammar and spelling are up to par. :up:

I have stated many times my grammer is terrible,so now why dont you state you couldent find half those answers...

I need to answer these questions about MLB

1. what is the avg salary of MLB?
2. What si the minimum salary of major league baseball?
3. what are incentives other than salary, available to the average MLB player?(not fame things like health insurance? etc)
5. what does barry zito make PER GAME?
6.barry zito a pitcher, signed a new contract say he starts 35 games this year..... what will he make per start?
7. what is the average attednance yearly?
8. what is the average ticket price of the MLB game?
9. do MLB teams make money?
10. how does the MLB try to help small market teams?

Any help would be great
You remind me of my 9 year-old daughter. She asks for help with her homework before she even tries to do it herself. Just like with her, I won't give you the answer, but I will tell you how to find the answer. Look it up. Contact MLB yourself. Head over to the library and look through some sports almanacs. Do the research.

I have stated many times, my grammer is terrible,_so now why don't you state you couldent(couldn't) find half (of) those answers...(delete two of these)
Fixed your mistakes. Now I'm curious, why do you need this information? Is this for a report for school, or your own personal knowledge? If it is for school, you are really going to need to fix the grammer issues. Now, I myself am no saint, so I use MS Word to check myself from time to time, I suggest you give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"