• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Frank Welker to sign as the voice of Megatron soon

David Kaye sounds more cartoonish than Welker to me. I like Welker's more sinister-like voice better.

Speaking of which... what happened to xw2?

i would prefer megatron with a deeper voice.

Ugh... nooo... I hate G1 Megatron's voice.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. if you heard the sound byte at the end of the trailer, Cullen as Optimus doesn't really sound like G1, so I doubt Megs would.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. if you heard the sound byte at the end of the trailer, Cullen as Optimus doesn't really sound like G1, so I doubt Megs would.

that's not the way his voice will sound in the movie.

I haven't been spoiling this movie for myself, but who did get the job of the voice anyway?

I think that now he is on baord, they give him more lines. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of hiring a 'vocal heavy' like Welker for a few lines..that is unless they plan on having him voice ALL the Decepticons-which we all know he's quite capable of doing..!

I think that now he is on baord, they give him more lines. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of hiring a 'vocal heavy' like Welker for a few lines..that is unless they plan on having him voice ALL the Decepticons-which we all know he's quite capable of doing..!

Um, they get him to do minor animal grunts for obscure cartoons. Transformers would be a step up.

I just had another thought: what if Megs in the movie sounds NOTHING like the G1 Megs we're hoping for..? They're promising to give us Welker but what if he sounds absoltely nothing like classic Megs..wouldn't that be a smack in the face to the fans? After all Welker is the man that can do 'a thousand voices'..think about it....they NEVER promised he'd sound like classic Megatron.....

You're right Golgo. They might have him screech Cybertronian the whole time...yuch.

Um, they get him to do minor animal grunts for obscure cartoons. Transformers would be a step up.

Er... you do realise he's been the voice of Fred on Scooby Doo cartoons since 1969... right? Welker is a very high profile voice actor, his work has been part of pop culture for over 40 years, spanning generations, double the time Tranformers has even existed.

He did the voice of Nibbler in Futurama. He kicks 517 kinds of ass.

Considering that there are so many changes and the fact that the Transformers will barely even speak who the hell cares who they get to voice the role? Heck just get anyone with a gravely voice.

like michael wincot who played top dollar in the crow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"