• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Free Fantastic Four comic at Office Max

Malus

Sidekick
Reaction score
Free Fantastic Four Comic at Office Max

Now I'm all for giving teachers their due, but let me give fair warning that this freebie comic is (for me anyway) one of the low points in my 30+ years of FF fandom. Ben & Reed actually go to an Office Max store. Reed actually utters these words:
"Wow! Office Max has it all! We'll have no problem finding Doom with all these school supplies!"
Remember the Marvel heroes in all those 1-page Hostess fruit pie ads in the 70's and 80's? Those ads were like Dark Knight Returns compared to this comic. At least they were purp[osefully goofy. This comic, though, is supremely bad. But worth picking up if you're a completist, I suppose.

Here's the official press release:

ITASCA, Ill., July 17, 2006 -- OfficeMax®, one of America's largest office supply distributors, announced that a special edition Marvel comic book titled Brain Drain, which honors middle school teachers as Super Heroes, is now available for free at OfficeMax's approximately 870 superstores across the country. Approximately 500,000 copies of the comic book are available while supplies last.

OfficeMax partnered with Marvel Entertainment and TeachersCount in a nationwide contest to find the "OfficeMax Super Hero Teacher of the Year" earlier this year. Of the 4,200 entries submitted, six winning middle school teachers and the students who nominated them were announced in June. The 12 winners are now featured as illustrated characters in the new custom comic book.

"OfficeMax has a long-standing tradition of supporting teachers through our MaxPerks for Teachers program and teacher appreciation events," states Ryan Vero, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for OfficeMax. "Portraying real-life teachers as Super Heroes with Marvel exemplifies OfficeMax's continuing commitment to supporting education."

"As adults, we all remember teachers who were heroes in our young lives," says Robert Sabouni, vice president, Marvel Entertainment's Custom Publishing and Cover Concepts. "So, we are thrilled to honor today's heroic teachers by illustrating them alongside Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four in Brain Drain."
"Brain Drain includes Peter Parker (Spider-Man), who is working as a teacher at Midtown High. During the course of the story, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and each of the winning teachers exhibit heroic traits, some of which were described in the students' essays, to help save the students from Dr. Doom's knowledge-siphoning Doombots."

The original article can be found here: http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/8421.shtml

Lol, that's wild!

Im gonna try and pick one up.

Thanks, Malus.

also be sure to try and find the Sports Illustrated Marvel Comic

sanitized.jpg

mmm, there is a Swimsuit issue from like 15 years ago, but the one I was thinking about had all the Marvel characters playing golf with some famous Pro and is from about 3 years ago

and I think it was done because the golfer's nickname was Captain America, or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"