World Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #7 MAJOR SPOILERS SHOCKING RETURN

CrimeMaster!

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, I was over at the Spider-Man Message forum and come across this.Spoilers from FNSM #7 .Heres the poster OZ's whole text I copyed.

Guys, I was just picking up the comics in my pull list yesterday(Which Always come in on Thursday in this town. SIGH) when i Approached the advance copy rack.
I thumbed through Next Week's issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man #7. It Looks like a great issue with a nice battle. Everything I've come to expect from Peter David was there.
However I Was NOT Prepared for the final Pages!
I don't think Any Of us Are.
Aunt May is out on a Date with Edwin Jarvis when she sees...Uncle Ben watching her through a window! Ben Turns away sadly.
The Letters Page then makes it official. It Proclaims FNSM #8 as the Return of Uncle Ben! Apparantly the Future Hobgoblin from the year 2211 is attempting to erase all Spider-men from the timeline by eliminating Peter Parker's motivation for Becoming Spider-man. The Letters page promised that we would see what Happened if Uncle Ben had never died.
The Solicits for FNSm #8 and #9 have mentioned a Major Figure from the past returning(and I couldn't think of ANYONE Bigger) and the price Peter may have to pay to set things right.
Anyone In Shock Yet?

Yet another reason why I'm gald I dropped this crap months ago. :):up:

CrimeMaster! said:
Hey, I was over at the Spider-Man Message forum and come across this.Spoilers from FNSM #7 .Heres the poster OZ's whole text I copyed.

Guys, I was just picking up the comics in my pull list yesterday(Which Always come in on Thursday in this town. SIGH) when i Approached the advance copy rack.
I thumbed through Next Week's issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man #7. It Looks like a great issue with a nice battle. Everything I've come to expect from Peter David was there.
However I Was NOT Prepared for the final Pages!
I don't think Any Of us Are.
Aunt May is out on a Date with Edwin Jarvis when she sees...Uncle Ben watching her through a window! Ben Turns away sadly.
The Letters Page then makes it official. It Proclaims FNSM #8 as the Return of Uncle Ben! Apparantly the Future Hobgoblin from the year 2211 is attempting to erase all Spider-men from the timeline by eliminating Peter Parker's motivation for Becoming Spider-man. The Letters page promised that we would see what Happened if Uncle Ben had never died.
The Solicits for FNSm #8 and #9 have mentioned a Major Figure from the past returning(and I couldn't think of ANYONE Bigger) and the price Peter may have to pay to set things right.
Anyone In Shock Yet?

If not true...sigh.

If true....DEEP sigh.

So Marvel is possibly ressurrecting Uncle Ben?? This is supposed to be a surprise??

With what they've been doing lately,I'd be surpised if they didn't pull something like this next.It was the only logical way for them to go next.

That would suck a fat one. I would lose a lot of respect for David if he did that.

Oh jeezus.... LMAO. What next, I tell you?

Harry coming back from the grave too, that's what'll be next.

Nothing surprises me these days. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

I expect anything to come from The House of Painful Ideas.

yeah. i bet stan *****slaps the responsible person day in and day out for that...

so that's Uncle Ben & Bucky at Marvel, and Barry Allen over in the pages of Infinite Crisis.

Yep. It's all a big joke. Death has no meaning. "Just kidding, folks! We can do anything we want, and it doesn't have any reprecussions!"

Oh...

my.....

frigging........

GOD.

Stop. Just stop. This is too much.

Dope Nose said:
so that's Uncle Ben & Bucky at Marvel, and Barry Allen over in the pages of Infinite Crisis.

That hasn't been confirmed to be Barry yet. I'm personally thinking it's a grown up Bart.

:down:mad::down

Cue a doe-eyed little boy looking up a Joe Q, tattered issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man#7, with tears in his eyes--

BOY: Say it aint so, Joe. Say it ain't so!

Man, just how many sharks has this comic book jumped anyway? Of course, if it is Uncle Ben, that means will get some "personal crisis for Spidey" it whether he should let his Uncle live or die. Jezz, I didn't realize Superboy Prime's retcon punch also affected the Marvel Universe. All that needs to happen now is for Spidey to reveal his secret identity and his destruction as a character will be complete.

stillanerd said:
:down:mad::down

Cue a doe-eyed little boy looking up a Joe Q, tattered issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man#7, with tears in his eyes--

BOY: Say it aint so, Joe. Say it ain't so!

Man, just how many sharks has this comic book jumped anyway? Of course, if it is Uncle Ben, that means will get some "personal crisis for Spidey" it whether he should let his Uncle live or die. Jezz, I didn't realize Superboy Prime's retcon punch also affected the Marvel Universe. All that needs to happen now is for Spidey to reveal his secret identity and his destruction as a character will be complete.

That's the PLAN, obviously. To utterly destroy Marvel Universe Spidey in order to force people jump to Ultimate Spider-Man.

If all goes well, 50 years from now, historians will say that Spider-Man was created by Bendis and Bagley.

"Stan" who?

"Ditko"? What kinda name is that? Some shlub I never heard of...

...The future Hobgoblin? Uncle Ben? What the ****? Is this What If 2099?

And another thing, out of all the villians they chose to execute this dumbass idea, the Hobgoblin? He's one of the few that didn't have a personal vendetta against Spidey. Genius.

Oh, great. I mean, the one guy that should just stay dead in Spidey's life, and what do they do? They bring him back. Hopefully it only lasts for the Hobgoblin arc, and by the time that's done he'll be erased again.

Good grief... :mad: Is NOTHING sacred?!

So we have a time traveling Hobgoblin, who not only KNOWS who Spider-Man is, but knows Peter's deepest motivation for being a hero... and what does he mean "erase ALL Spider-Men" - plural?

This sounds pretty convoluted, and would screw up WAY to much, so surely it will not last.

Wasn't there a "What If" story that explored this, not to mention that House of M horror.

Captivated said:
Good grief... :mad: Is NOTHING sacred?!

So we have a time traveling Hobgoblin, who not only KNOWS who Spider-Man is, but knows Peter's deepest motivation for being a hero... and what does he mean "erase ALL Spider-Men" - plural?

This sounds pretty convoluted, and would screw up WAY to much, so surely it will not last.

Wasn't there a "What If" story that explored this, not to mention that House of M horror.

Probably guys like Spider-Man 2099 and that other Spider-Man from the future with robotic arms (forgot what year he was from) (Hopefully, this includes all those totemistic Spider-Men Ezekiel talked about--that would be the only saving grace out of making such a ***** like this.)

This book sucks.

Spidey vs...um..."wrestler-guy": Pass.

Return of "Jack-ass Flash Thompson: Pass.

Return of....um..."Future Hoboblin-guy": Pass.

Now the return of Uncle Ben?

Quite frankly, i'm too bored with this nonsense to be "SHOCKED" anymore.

You know, somewhere (i.e. the offices of DC Comics) Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Brad Meltzer, and Mark Waid, are looking at this crap and just laughing their collective asses off.

It's...happened.

My reason to drop comics.

I swore to quit if Uncle Ben ever returned, and now that day is upon is.

If this isn't gone by th' end of th' story, well, I guess that's it.

I had this long post typed out about this after reading this thread until I realized there was no point. Then I deleted it and started typing this. My feelings for this can be expressed in just the following words and actions.

Ugh. Sigh. When is the next issue of Amazing Spider-man and especially Ultimate Spider-man being released? *shake head and sighs again*

I knew there had to be something to the feeling I got when I thought about picking up FNSM (outside of The Other issues). That feeling just kept me away for some reason. Now I trust that feeling even more.

Of course, PAD can do no wrong. He's th' man. He's th' most awesomest Spidey writer ever who will restore Spidey's good name!

And that's what you yackasses get fer praising a title BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT!

Spider Girl?

Spider Girl anyone?

Aunt May is dead, Baby May is alive, Kaine is still here :up:, and The Real Hobgoblin as well, not to mention consistant quality month after month and respect for a characters history. And of course my personal favorite Spidey writer Tom Defalco

or you could read the other Spider Man What If? series, you know, the one featuring Iron Man's sidekick, Stingers, Mexican Wrestling, Uncle Ben and the villians from 2099 :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"