• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Friends and Drugs

Abstract

Champagne Anarchist
Reaction score
I'm turning to the Hype for some advice.

See, most of my close friends are my friends from high school. I'm 20 and although we work and all go to University we still hang out and stuff. The problem is, during high school they experimented with drugs and I didn't. I never cared it was there choice, they knew the risks etc, but over the last few years they've started using more and different drugs than the weed they were smoking in high school. Now they're into acid and ecstasy and I find it really off putting.

I went to a friends birthday dinner last night and sat there most of the night hearing them go on about they're latest acid trip the night before. I feel alienated from them and worse they've tried several times to talk me into joining them like some of our other friends have.

I'm just not interested in drinking, let alone acid and ecstasy.

What should I do hype?

If you're that uncomfortable with their activities, and they don't understand it and/or don't try to help you feel comfortable about it, perhaps you should find new friends. It sounds harsh, but you've got to take your best interests first.

I'm 25 and I don't drink, mostly due to the history of alcoholism in my family (I also have an addictive personality, so I abstain so I don't get hooked). Luckily, my friends (who do drink) understand my choice, and don't bother me about it by offering me any alcohol, but if they didn't, and I couldn't convince them to make an effort, I'd find new friends. Otherwise, you'll always have that problem.

Talk to your friends and let them know what you're feeling, hopefully they understand. Best of luck, and I hope things work out.

Stick to your guns. If you want to take drugs, by all means take them... but never take drugs just to fit in.

When you grow older, you lose friends and get new ones. Why? Because as people grow up their interests change and that makes it hard for old friends to spend time together because they lose the things they have in common. You find people who suit you better in their activities and become friends with them.

Using drugs is one of these differences that can get in the way of friendships. The only things you can do: put up with feeling out of the loop, or, find new friends.

Your friends taking drugs is their choise, just like your choice is not taking them. I wouldn't advise trying to talk 'sense' into them... they have made a choice on what avenues to explore. Really, I think, you should be trying to find people who's activities suit your tastes more.

Ask your friends for acid and ecstasy then send it to me. That way your friends will think your cool for privately experimenting and I'll think you're cool for sending me drugs.

It's a win-win.

seriously as long as you don't have any temptations to go against your principles then you shouldn't have a problem keeping your friends. The only time I would say drop them would be if you had an addiction problem and your friends tempted you with drugs. Just be ready to bail in case they give you an ultimatum. If they don't pressure you and you're not really tempted, keep your friends. It's not like they smoke crack. They do mind expanding drugs that broaden ones appreciation for art, nature, and possibly spirituality. I miss the days when I had friends that did those drugs.

Last edited:
Your friends taking drugs is their choise, just like your choice is not taking them. I wouldn't advise trying to talk 'sense' into them... they have made a choice on what avenues to explore. Really, I think, you should be trying to find people who's activities suit your tastes more.

More or less what I was thinking man. I wouldn't try and talk them out it, like you said it's their choice and they enjoy it too much to be very receptive of anything I have to say about it.

Ask your friends for acid and ecstasy then send it to me. That way your friends will think your cool for privately experimenting and I'll think you're cool for sending me drugs.

It's a win-win.

:lmao:

I'm turning to the Hype for some advice.

See, most of my close friends are my friends from high school. I'm 20 and although we work and all go to University we still hang out and stuff. The problem is, during high school they experimented with drugs and I didn't. I never cared it was there choice, they knew the risks etc, but over the last few years they've started using more and different drugs than the weed they were smoking in high school. Now they're into acid and ecstasy and I find it really off putting.

I went to a friends birthday dinner last night and sat there most of the night hearing them go on about they're latest acid trip the night before. I feel alienated from them and worse they've tried several times to talk me into joining them like some of our other friends have.

I'm just not interested in drinking, let alone acid and ecstasy.

What should I do hype?

Ahem. Seriously though.

If you dislike drugs more than you like hanging out with them and the fact that they use bothers you, don't hang out with them.

If you like them more than you dislike drugs then LSD is a helluva drug and be ready for a massive trip on your first try. Probably a psychadelic crisis of sorts. Also you could become addicited to drugs which would affect your family and other non-druged out loved ones. Also having those kinds of drugs is way ILLEGAL and you could go to ****ing jail which I'm sure you wouldn't like.

Ditch your friends now. They're risking your life and liberty and that's not something that you want to do.

go about it optimistically and think of it as a phase.

If you state you'd rather not be involved in all that stuff and you don't want to participate then limit the amount of time you spend with them

they'll either stay sober in your presence and not go on about it or you'll grow apart for a couple of years.

remember it isn't a bad thing to lose contact with people if they are going through a scene, don't let it affect your friendship with them, rather the amount of contact you have with them.

Find new friends. From the sounds of it, they are already drifting apart from you already. If they have interests other than you that's fine, but it sounds as though from what you've said they are going out of their way to make you feel excluded.

If they aren't really valuable friends, let them go. If they are, consider talking to them. Tell them that you do not want to be asked to join them again. If you are absolutely opposed, just let them know. In fact, you could request that anytime you're present, drugs - even as a topic of discussion - should be excluded. If they're really your friends, they'll understand.

As has been pointed out, people grow apart sometimes. You have to decide exactly what it is their friendship is in your life, and then, how morally opposed you are to their actions. You can hang out with them when they're not doing drugs, right? Or are they always doing drugs?

I do hang out with them when they aren't doing drugs. They know how uncomfortable it makes me when they talk about it. I don't want to lose them as friends, but I can't help feeling the way I do about drugs. It's not something that interests me and I doubt it ever will be.

Do you think hanging out more in public places, like, going out to a bar or to play some pool or see a movie or whatever would decrease the likelihood of them using/talking about drugs when we're all together?

....:o Well, they might sneak away to do them without you during whatever, but sure. At least they'll come back. :o

Wow, you should get new friends. Weed is one thing but Acid and ecstacy are hard drugs that will seriously screw you up....its bad that they're trying to convince you to take it, don't fall into peer pressure.

There's little point in finding a place where you can all "pretend" drugs aren't important to them.

Friends who don't add a positivity to your existence for you are not worth your time. Get new friends who are not dumb s***s.

Hmm. I have much to meditate on . . .

you're 20. find new friends at school or work. i'm 20 and its not that hard to find non-druggie friends. try a church if you aren't down to smoke or drink.... i prefer to drink and smoke cause its fun but if its not for you don't do it. peer pressure is no fun unless its about sex JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"