• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FXs new drama - Justified - starring Timothy Olyphant - Part 1

So funny this thread has been bumped as I just started binge watching on Amazon last night. Already at the Season 2 closer.

Love every single character on this show. And even though I loved him as Shane on The Shield, Walton Goggins is a revelation on this show as Boyd. The dialogue between him and Raylan is just too great.

Dude, without giving any spoilers ( about who, if anyone, leaves Harlan alive) I found that as the show went on I found myself cheering more and more for Boyd, he becomes almost as important a character as Raylan - every scene that he and Raylan are in together is great. He's one thing about the show that is consistently brilliant.

Enjoy !

Dude, without giving any spoilers ( about who, if anyone, leaves Harlan alive) I found that as the show went on I found myself cheering more and more for Boyd, he becomes almost as important a character as Raylan - every scene that he and Raylan are in together is great. He's one thing about the show that is consistently brilliant.

Enjoy !
I should have been more clear...I'm binge watching...again! It's just one of those shows that I can watch over and over again. A modern day western with unique characters and brilliant writing.

For me, it's right up there with Breaking Bad and The Shield.

I should have been more clear...I'm binge watching...again! It's just one of those shows that I can watch over and over again. A modern day western with unique characters and brilliant writing.

Heck yes Maximus, heck yes.

Dewey Crowe is still my favorite character... was so happy when Damon showed up in Quarry.

The Shield probably would be my favorite show of all time if they had ended it after the season with Glenn Close. Everything through that season was f***ing perfect. Everything after just ruined it for me. I still haven't completely forgiven Forrest Whitaker for his "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME AN EMMY LOOK HOW IDIOSYNCRATIC I CAN MAKE MYSELF" performance.

Well, then you know who leaves Harlan alive !

I can totally understand binge watching it. I remember seeing the first episode, then picked up the first season in 2011 and it sat on my DVD shelf for 5 years.

But last year I caught a repeat of the season 1 finale "Bulletville" on TV and thought "I gotta go watch me some Justified !" binge begins !

Bulletville would still be my favorite episode, because it deals with Boyd's crisis of faith and its a turning point in his relationship with Raylan. The show finale is a pretty close second.

I think that in the original "Fire in the Hole" story that the show was based on, Boyd Crowder dies - but I suspect that watching Goggins' performance the showrunners knew they had something too good to let go of.
Boyd could have just about carried his own show. Hope he and Olyphant show up together in something else.

Cheers.

Hey, Justified fans.... while I'm thinking about it, favorite episodes anyone ?

Me, it's the season 1 finale "Bulletville" it's chock full of great moments.

- Raylan and Arlo's father/son talk (which ends with Raylan shooting Arlo, deservedly ).

- Boyd's crisis of faith after Bo slaughters his followers.

- Tons of Boyd and Raylan ..... which is always great and seeing these two team up to take on Bo and Gio's niece and nephew to rescue Ava, classic.

I think this quote sums it all up:

Raylan Givens: You gonna bet your life on that?

Boyd Crowder: No Raylan, I'm gonna bet my life on you being the only friend I have left in this world.

- And, of course, some great Raylan shoots people moments.

Hell, that could be a thread in of itself, best Raylan shootings. I mean Raylan only shoots people who deserve it (e.g. Fletcher "the Icepick" Nix).

Anyway, as whole episodes go, for me it doesn't get any better than Bulletville. What about you folks ?

I was mixed on the ending at first because I don't think it was necessary to give the audience a happy ending, but I've come around to enjoying it well enough. I still think it would have worked fine if Boyd and Raylan had died.

I was mixed on the ending at first because I don't think it was necessary to give the audience a happy ending, but I've come around to enjoying it well enough. I still think it would have worked fine if Boyd and Raylan had died.

Personally, I loved the ending. Everyone ended up where they deserved to be - pretty much: Raylan, Boyd, Ava and Winona all were all in the right place.

As for the last scene, I think that it was the best possible way to end the show, back where it all began with Raylan and Boyd and their messed up friendship/rivalry. It was emotional, and I'm glad none of the main characters died, it would have felt gratuitous somehow.

For me the Boyd/Raylan scenes were the highlight of any episode, so it was fitting to end on one.

I admit that it was a "happy ending" inasmuch it could be - but I don't think it diminished the show one bit to have the key players alive - which distinguishes it from say, Breaking Bad, which really needed to end with Walt's death. Well, that's how I see it anyway.

I kinda wish Raylan and Winona had ended up together but other than that I thought it was a great ending.

Because my girlfriend has never seen Justified before, we've started watching it from the first episode. I'm ashamed to admit -having only watched the series through once when it originally aired- I didn't realize until watching the pilot again that Raylan's "dug coal together" line in the final episode was a callback.

We're two episodes in, and it's such a grand treat rewatching this series. I'd forgotten how jam packed the first episode is -even my girlfriend remarked that she felt as if she'd watched the entire first season after only seeing the pilot. I'm pretty darn excited to journey through all six seasons again -and I picked up the entire set for only $12!

The first season starts out a little goofy; you could tell that they weren't quite sure whether the show was going to be more of a procedural or a show where the overarching story is the main focus. I think I even remember one episode where Raylan travels out to California to hunt someone down. I'm really glad they decided pretty quickly to ditch the procedural angle and keep the story focused.

The first season starts out a little goofy; you could tell that they weren't quite sure whether the show was going to be more of a procedural or a show where the overarching story is the main focus. I think I even remember one episode where Raylan travels out to California to hunt someone down. I'm really glad they decided pretty quickly to ditch the procedural angle and keep the story focused.

Absolutely, my girlfriend even asked after the 2nd episode what kind of show it was. I told her the bigger story arcs come around pretty quick, and it becomes less CSI and more The Shield.

Haha, not that it was ever as bad CSI...

Absolutely, my girlfriend even asked after the 2nd episode what kind of show it was. I told her the bigger story arcs come around pretty quick, and it becomes less CSI and more The Shield.

Haha, not that it was ever as bad CSI...

LOL yeah. I've had friends who were really addicted to CSI Las Vegas/New York/Miami/Akron/Butte/Wherever and I've never understood it. Every version of that show is awful.

Anyway, fans of Timothy Olyphant might want to check out Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. It's certainly a departure from his previous roles like Raylan but it's a lot of fun.

CSI was mindless entertainment with a crazy amount of implausibility going on. It and Justified are nowhere the same kind of shows outside featuring crime and law enforcement.

To me there just isn't a reason to compare them. They were totally different targets.

The only reason CSI got bought up was as an example of a procedural series. We weren't really comparing, only agreeing that we didn't like CSI -which was just a segue from the original point.

Speaking of segues; I finished watching Justified all the way through since the first time it aired, and it's so great through a second time. I picked up a ton of clever little details which added a ton of depth.

These versions are probably my favorite versions of the song:

[Yt]yqDVObM1kxc[/MEDIA]

[Yt]wiE_Bk8FOY0[/MEDIA]

These versions are probably my favorite versions of the song:

[Yt]yqDVObM1kxc[/Yt]

[Yt]wiE_Bk8FOY0[/Yt]

I remember first hearing the second one at the end of season 5 with Raylan and Ava on the bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"