New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel on FOX - Part 1

The fight was hilarious. I wish Nadia appeared more, I find her character hilarious.

Everything Nick/Winston said in the first episode tonight were truth bombs.

Coach was great, Winston rocked it like usual, Nick was amazing, Jess sucked, and Schmidt was miss-used sadly in the finale.

Not looking forward to more "will they, won't they" with Jess and Nick.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/0...w-girl-crossover-andy-samberg-zooey-deschanel
Brooklyn Nine-Nine and New Girl to do crossover
by Dan Snierson

Two Fox comedies — one police-based, the other roommate-centric — are about to meet on the air.

Andy Samberg’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Zooey Deschanel’s New Girl are staging a crossover event on Oct. 11, the network announced on Monday at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour. The two-episode story begins on Brooklyn at 8 p.m. ET/PT and resolves on New Girl at 8:30 p.m.

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine crossing over with New Girl is very exciting, but (and this is supposed to be a secret) it’s just the first step,” said Brooklyn co-creator Dan Goor in a statement. “Stay tuned for our two casts to do a soulful R&B number on Empire, co-anchor the Fox 10 O’Clock News and connect for a touchdown on Fox NFL Sunday. But in all seriousness, we’re all huge fans of New Girl here at the Nine-Nine, and we’re excited to see our characters interact and to work with their incredible writers and producers. And also to see what their craft services are like, compared to ours.”

Added New Girl co-creator Elizabeth Meriwether: “The crossover episode has historically been the artistic high point of any show that has dared to attempt it. Maybe you remember ‘Blackout Thursday’ on NBC, or even further back the infamous Alf/Gilligan’s Island crossover of the late 1980s. New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine will proudly and humbly go where few shows have gone since the 1990s. We know we have big shoes to fill, and we look forward to disappointing everyone. There’s a 50 percent chance Alf will also be in both episodes. But there’s also a 50 percent chance that is a lie.”

Former New Girl cast member Damon Wayans Jr. guest-starred this past season on Brooklyn, albeit in a different role.

Brooklyn’s fourth season and New Girl’s sixth season kick off Sept. 20.
Didn't see that coming.

They should have Winston Beverly Hills Cop his way into Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I guess Fox is in the crossover game they did Bones and Sleepy Hollow last year and it didn't feel awkward.

So I guess Fox is going to crossover two of their shows each year now?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/20/brooklyn-nine-nine-season-4-preview-new-girl
That girl crossing over into Brooklyn is, in fact, Jess.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine and New Girl will stage a crossover stunt that begins on Brooklyn and picks up steam a half-hour later on New Girl, where the majority of the intershow mingling happens. (Damon Wayans Jr., — who starred on New Girl and guest-starred as a different character on Brooklyn Nine-Nine — will not be popping up, though that would have been a logic-melter.) “Obviously it’s a flashy decision, an attention-grabbing kind of thing to do, but I genuinely am a fan of crossover episodes,” says Samberg. “I think they’re really funny and fun. And I love New Girl. Always have. I am excited to hang with those guys.” So, what brings the Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and her friends to New York? “Schmidt [Max Greenfield] is receiving an award from his old high school and the entire gang from L.A. has come to New York,” says Goor. “In our scene, Jake needs to commandeer a vehicle that’s driven by a girl. Who’s that girl? It’s Jess!” While only Jess will cross over to Brooklyn, Jake, Holt, Charles, and Chelsea Peretti’s Gina will be seen on New Girl. “My dream is that the crossover is a Mr. Robot episode,” quips Samberg, “and we find out that Jake and Schmidt are the same guy.”
Back tonight. :up:

My job involves publishing, so the "pdf or jpeg" joke last night cracked me up, and my coworkers loved it too when I retold it this morning.

"Stop couple-splaining light to us!"

:lmao:

I saw last week's Brooklyn Nine-Nine and they had a tiny crossover with Jess interacting with Jake that was funny as hell. "It's a crossover!" :funny:

The New Girl half was a bigger and better crossover. Boyle, Gina and Holt were much more involved in it.

"I not only grant you a divorce, I give you my blessing."
"Put your hand away, no one was asking for it."

:lmao:

Schmidt's first name is revealed tonight.

I'm guessing it'll be the opposite of Kosmo Kramer, where it's super normal and he's just really pissy about it. Like Dave. Or Scott.

Wait Schmidt's name has never been revealed? Well damn I've never picked on that.

Love that Schmidt's first name is
Winston
. Totally makes sense why he'd go by his last name.

I heard that this might be the last season.

I think Jake Johnson said something to the effect that their finale this year could serve as a series finale if they aren't picked up. But this is a long-runner on FOX, I can't imagine they'd just drop it without some warning to the fans, much less the cast and crew. If this is it, they should've told us that some time ago, not "Enjoy tomorrow night's episode, fans six seasons deep, it's the last. LOLBYE."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"