G.I. Joe (Should They???)

Hotwire

Dealin' W/ Demons
Reaction score
When I was growing up, there were three shows I watched every time, Transformers, He-Man, and G.I. Joe. Now the 1st two are being made into big movies (For those who don't know, John Woo is slated to make He-Man). So what about G.I. Joe? Does anyone else here think they deserve their own big budget major motion picture??

(If this has been started before, sorry)

Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't. These ventures are so risky...

I feel they should with the core team and up against Cobra Commander and Destro. From the script review I read it seems like they are going to botch the hell out if it.

I would prefer that they didn't. I just don't have faith in Hollywood to get it right. Not even sure if they could make it passable.

I would love to see a G.I. Joe movie, but somehow I doubt that they would do it right and people would just walk away talking about how much it sucks.

Considering what's going on in Iraq and the war on Terror it could definitely be timely with those types of themes, but I think Hollywood would be to scared to do anything significant with it.

the most appropo answer o can think of is two words

YO JOE

Due to the current real world situations, war is difficult to be precieved as fun. I'm guessing it wouldn't do to well.

I'd love to see it.

Damm right they should I mean Capt. America is not even out until 2010 (I think).

yes. they could really make something out of this movie if they do it right.

I think Transformers will determine if the movie will get made or not.

I think they should. I think it would be easy to translate into live action.
I have ideas on who should be casted too.

If Transformers does well, this will be next.

Catherine.Zeta.Jones.Dec.05.jpg

siren1.jpg

Zeta-Jones IS the Barnoness.

That's not a bad choice, but I can't see anyone of her status doing this film.

^Yet T-Mobile commercials are such high art. :rolleyes:

I read the script review for G.I.Joe, and wow they botched the hell out of it.

This is a property that almost evietably goes the way of Eraser, True Lies and Face Off.

terry78 said:
Zeta-Jones IS the Barnoness.

Though I like Zeta-Jones, I think Famke Jansen is the Baroness more than she is.
onatopp_210.jpg

The rest off the top of my head.
Duke-Viggo Mortensen
viggomortensen.jpg

Hawk-Bill Paxton
bill-paxton.jpg

Scarlet-Jennifer Garner
jennifer_garner2.jpg

Roadblock-Michael Clark Duncan
175px-SMichaelClarkeDuncan.jpg

Snake Eyes-Ray Park
po.59422.jpg

Cobra Commander-Gary Oldman
oldman.jpg

Majik1387 said:
Though I like Zeta-Jones, I think Famke Jansen is the Baroness more than she is.
onatopp_210.jpg

Duke-Viggo Mortensen
viggomortensen.jpg

Hawk-Bill Paxton
bill-paxton.jpg

Scarlet-Jennifer Garner
jennifer_garner2.jpg

Snake Eyes-Ray Park
po.59422.jpg

oldman.jpg
I like it

Just FYI,

Road Block can no longer be used in GI JOE.

TheVileOne said:
Just FYI,

Road Block can no longer be used in GI JOE.
Lost the rights to the name huh...I suppose they can always call him by his real name, Marvin Hinton.

Any other names been lost.

ShadowBoxing said:
Lost the rights to the name huh...I suppose they can always call him by his real name, Marvin Hinton.

Any other names been lost.

No. They wouldn't use Road Block they would use HEAVY DUTY. Heavy Duty has basically become the staple black powerhouse character of the GI JOE series.

For more FYI, here's the current Joe line-up in the Sigma Six animated series:

Duke
Snake-Eyes
Scarlett
Heavy Duty
Hi-Tech
Jinx
Spirit
Tunnel Rat
Long Range
Kamakura

Joining the line-up later:

Firefly (yes I know)
Lt. Stone

So just saying, those are the characters that are on TV right now and who they are making toys of, EXCEPT Scarlett and Jinx.

TheVileOne said:
No. They wouldn't use Road Block they would use HEAVY DUTY. Heavy Duty has basically become the staple black powerhouse character of the GI JOE series.

For more FYI, here's the current Joe line-up in the Sigma Six animated series:

Duke
Snake-Eyes
Scarlett
Heavy Duty
Hi-Tech
Jinx
Spirit
Tunnel Rat
Long Range
Kamakura

Joining the line-up later:

Firefly (yes I know)
Lt. Stone

So just saying, those are the characters that are on TV right now and who they are making toys of, EXCEPT Scarlett and Jinx.

Sorry but Roadblock is doing just fine in the GI JOE : America's Elite comic book!

Sigma Six is for little kids and would have nothing to do with any future Joe movie.

Majik1387 said:
onatopp_210.jpg

Duke-Viggo Mortensen
viggomortensen.jpg

Hawk-Bill Paxton
bill-paxton.jpg

Scarlet-Jennifer Garner
jennifer_garner2.jpg

Snake Eyes-Ray Park
po.59422.jpg

oldman.jpg

Ya know, thats pretty good imaginary casting.
Park as Snake Eyes is freakin genius.

livrule said:
Sorry but Roadblock is doing just fine in the GI JOE : America's Elite comic book!

Sigma Six is for little kids and would have nothing to do with any future Joe movie.
Comics don't face the same legal issues as the toys/TV/Movies do. Transformers right now cannot use "Shockwave" for example on movies or TV shows (or toys), but in the comic he is fair game.

livrule said:

GI JOE is for little kids too. Who do you think were watching it in the 80's. If they make the movie, kids are who the producers are going to want to see the movie.

It's relevant because I think they might want to use the core characters from the current series.

Heavy Duty is actually Roadblock's cousin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"