• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman or Brie Larson as Captain Marvel ?

Name one scene in WW where she is disruptive by being utter crap. BvS she is predominately a background character, and JL yes she has some duff moments. But at the end of the day you weigh up a performance on the whole, rather than individual moments. Much like a movie. A great movie can still have some dud scenes, but overall if the movie works, then it works.

Things have started to blur together as I have had little desire to rewatch a movie that's just a mix of The First Avenger and Thor with a much worse lead actor and a terrible climax. I think her leaving Themyscira was one of the times I started chuckling at her overemoting. Not natural at all.

Not that I expect someone that actually think she reaches levels of greatness many times as an actor to agree with me.

Brie's appearance in EndGame is no better or worse than Gal's appearance in Batman v Superman, only Endgame is a hell of a lot better movie than BvS. I think Brie got way more crap for her role in CM than Gal did for WW, and there was quite a bit of backlash when she was originally cast. You can argue which film is better, but CM just passed WW in total domestic box office for a film that wasn't released in Summer and did way better in overall box office. Not to say that means the film is better, but people clearly like and accept this character. I thought her role in EG works. The focus was on the original 6 Avengers, her role is a cameo and no different than WW in BvS, and Gal's performance was terrible in BvS and probably worse in Justice League. I still cringe at "KAL NO!"
It's "Klalelno" :oldrazz:

I recall some speculating another Civil War situation was at work here. Once they saw WB/DC were doing Wonder Woman, Marvel felt the need to push out their big female superhero to match her.

I believe CM was always in the pipeline, but I do think WW forced Marvel's hand. The issue was there's literally no reason for the character to exist. Her solo film added nothing new to the MCU, and her only task in Endgame was to literally cary Tony and Nebula to earth. It's baffling to me a company that usually has things planned pretty well seems completely disinterested in the CM character.

Better actress overall? Brie Larson.

In this poll? Gal Gadot by a mile. Captain Marvel is a failure so far.

Better actress overall? Brie Larson.

In this poll? Gal Gadot by a mile. Captain Marvel is a failure so far.

Which is why the failure absolutely destroyed the success at the box office??

Which is why the failure absolutely destroyed the success at the box office??
Oh no one should question the that the film did well at the box office. It's quality is another thing. I remember thinking CM was okay and not amazing or great. I think my expectations were high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"