Sequels Wonder Woman sequel: Modern day or set in the past?

It's interesting that they're setting the next one in America. I would love it if they did a new continent each film. Africa for Wonder Woman 3, Asia for Wonder Woman 4 etc

if Africa is visited, there's no excuse to not include Nubia.

Yaaas agreed. I mean you would have to to avoid a white saviour complex

I think it would be better to have her carrying on in the past. Setting it in modern times I think is more limiting. There would be no limits to what stories they could tell using the past history.
No, there are huge limits. They can't have Diana do anything remotely public, most obviously.

I would like them to do separate stories from the Justice League. I think the Marvel Universe are crossing over too much with there films. Spider-Man done well, doesn't need Tony Stark baby sitting him.
Having a story set in the present day doesn't mean that other superheroes need to be in it.

Although I wouldn't complain if Aquaman and/or Mera popped up (if given the choice, the latter more than the former).

No, there are huge limits. They can't have Diana do anything remotely public, most obviously.
Its not real life, Shes been sat on her arse all this time? Wow what a hero!

Having a story set in the present day doesn't mean that other superheroes need to be in it.

Well yes I know that. She also doesn't need to be set in the now. Its just fantasy! You can get away with anything! DCU made a rod for there own backs for trying to rush to a Justice League Movie. To be far though I am not a big fan of all this crossover stuff. I think as the Wonder Woman movie shows, the characters seem to work better in there own movie.

We ought to have a 9 hour LOTR-style WW trilogy for the sequel set throughout the ages from WWII to modern day (making up 4 films in total, including the first movie).

Just do a Warchmen style opening showing Diana through the decades helping from the sidelines but not using her costume.

so at what point does DC American history diverge? When do they have a president different from our recent 20th century presidents?

so at what point does DC American history diverge? When do they have a president different from our recent 20th century presidents?

In almost all fiction based around an American presidency, it's always the current president and usually the president just before who are different. Then most of the others are the same. That's how they do it in shows like Designated Survivor or Madam Secretary among others.

They could consider setting part of the sequel in the 1970s as a homage to the TV series. They could even feature the WW TV series theme song in a similar way to how the Raimi Spider-Man films utilised the Spider-Man cartoon theme by having someone like a street performer or a band playing a small segment of it within the film to Diana's amusement.

I vote sometime between the 1950s and 1970s. While I definitely want more of Themyscria and the Greek mythology (possibly a trip to the underworld?), I feel it necessary to show Wonder Woman really confront institutional sexism and the patriarchy headfirst in a way she did not in the first movie, and I would rather do it in a striking setting.

While sexism obviously still exists (looks toward the White House), the context of her doing it during the real beginning of the modern women's liberation movement could be the most illuminating, narratively. Plus if she perhaps returned to Paradise Island after WWI ended (which would explain why she didn't do anything in regards to World War II), then we could get a movie of her really coming to see the role of women in society and how she can change that, which was her original mission statement upon creation. Add in some Greek mythology and maybe a bit of espionage spy movie flavor (it worked or X-Men: First Class) and you could have a really good movie.

We will get plenty of time of her in the present with Justice League and its sequels, and probably Wonder Woman 3. I hope that Patty takes her time building up to that though and first really explores some of the possibilities of setting the film somewhere in the mid-20th century. It would allow her to even say more about today in a way that could be less controversial and thus still very commercial while doing everything else fans want done.

I'd prefer they not spend forever in the past, but regular flashbacks to relevant eras between her origin and today? Those would be fine, and indeed, actively desirable.

We ought to have a 9 hour LOTR-style WW trilogy for the sequel set throughout the ages from WWII to modern day (making up 4 films in total, including the first movie).

:up: Best parts of WW was the underdeveloped mythic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"