Gasp! Restaurant Horror Stories!

That reminds me of a rumored incident with sour cream in a Taco Bell. :barf:

Jesus Christ.........

It reminds me of this haha

mqdefault.jpg

The thing is that a lot of food service places employ kids, and we all know how good they are about being told what to do and hearing complaints.

Nothing like ranch sauce with a little bit more protein.

A taste of my experience at a particularly well-known restaurant:

1) Customer's are snooty and comically pretentious. I've seen customers order 130 dollars worth of cake, pick it up, then come back after eating to get a refund because it wasn't "pretty looking enough for a party".:dry:

2) There's was a regular who came in one time, ate, and got severe stomach cramps. Instead of going to the bathroom that was open, he took one of our dirty dish containers, went into the hallway leading to the bathroom, and defecated in it. It was so bad that it got on the walls and a chair and he threw his underwear away in a public garbage can. One of the my coworkers was cleaning nearby and heard the whole thing. When he confronted the man, he said he didn't know what happened and ran. My coworker had to clean it up :csad:.

3) My co-workers told me there was a rat in the produce and it ate some of the vegetables. When my cheap boss found out, he told my co-workers to cut around the areas that the rat chewed on and to continue to use the produce.

Last edited:
2) There's was a regular who came in one time, ate, and got severe stomach cramps. Instead of going to the bathroom that was open, he took one of our dirty dish containers, went into the hallway leading to the bathroom, and defecated in it. It was so bad that it got on the walls and a chair and he threw his underwear away in a public garbage can. One of the my coworkers was cleaning nearby and hold the whole thing. When he confronted the man, he said he didn't know what happened and ran. My coworker had to clean it up :csad:.

3) My co-workers told me there was a rat in the produce and it ate some of the vegetables. When my cheap boss found out, he told my co-workers to cut around the areas that the rat chewed on and to continue to use the produce.

..... :dry:

I never had this experience but coworkers occasionally found spiders, crickets, and caterpillars in the produce for salad bar, but we didn't use it, we would toss the entire package/container,shipment, etc of that particular whatever it was and the manager would go to the local grocery store and pick up a quick fix.

A taste of my experience at a particularly well-known restaurant:

1) Customer's are snooty and comically pretentious. I've seen customers order 130 dollars worth of cake, pick it up, then come back after eating to get a refund because it wasn't "pretty looking enough for a party".:dry:

2) There's was a regular who came in one time, ate, and got severe stomach cramps. Instead of going to the bathroom that was open, he took one of our dirty dish containers, went into the hallway leading to the bathroom, and defecated in it. It was so bad that it got on the walls and a chair and he threw his underwear away in a public garbage can. One of the my coworkers was cleaning nearby and hold the whole thing. When he confronted the man, he said he didn't know what happened and ran. My coworker had to clean it up :csad:.

Chili's? It wouldn't surprise me at a Chili's :whatever:

A Taco Bell in my town got shut down for serving late night a** wipe burritos.

I remember people a good while back, years and years, were getting sick at Rally's in a previous town I lived in. It turned out cups, lids, straws and stuff had like cleaning chemicals and that type of stuff in them.

Love Rally's now, but for the longest time avoided it. At least you knew if you got sick it was because things were too clean.

Oh...memories.

A place called Andy's (now HWY 55) I worked out for about two months in 2007. First six weeks were laid back man. Smoking inside the building on BASE in the back...where the supplies would be at and sink. Metal music would be playing during lunch hour in the kitchen lol.

-_-

Then the store manager got fired and a new guy took over. New guy knew a week ahead of time and didn't tell the store manager. Yeah...all teh other cooks QUIT the day before he took over. I was only cook that didn't...I was slow at my job...I lasted 3 weeks...came in one day...I was getting 1 hour days...he cut me BACK on hours when we were short handed...came in, tossed my clothes on the counter 5 minutes before I suppose to clock in...

:dry: moral of story, don't **** with me hours. Esp when I GAVE YOU A CHANCE. Oh yea, it leaked that our store manager was getting fired and the new guy knew about it. They were liek friends too...

Going through basic training in Ft. Benning, Ga, KP was a pretty common thing. The dish room was infested with roaches. There was a clear plastic curtain that was supposed to separate where the troops dropped their trays and the actual dish washing room. Well, it was rolled up and we used to get a laugh out of hitting it and watching the roaches run out. We were young and stupid and didn't know any better.

Come to think of it, that room was NASTY!!

i feel like anyone caught tampering with food should have to eat a court ordered ***** sandwich.

This thread is reminding me of how disgusting some people are.

brace yourself guys...I got a long story, worth a read

I worked at BWW. I was a cook, and I was there when this restaurant opened. I hated it there, I would work till 4am, 12 hour shifts, and then they’d have me come in at 8am the next day sometimes.

Oh, I’d get a 5 minute dinner break at 12:30am. Anyway, they were jerks there. Aweful, didn’t know how to manage..anything, and this is a quick story of my exit there.
I was thinking about leaving, I was tired of the hours and I had no time for anything. It was brutal. I wanted to quit, but I needed to wait till I found another job to give them a notice. I figured I’d bite the bullet and stay till summer ended before I went to my next semester of college. But it got worse, managers were screaming and swearing at all of us, cooks, servers, whatever during rushes and it was exhausting. I decided that I should probably leave, and just look for a job after.

So my last day, my decision on when to leave jumped all over the place. It went from thinking I was going to give them my two weeks after tonight, to giving them my one week, to just quitting after this weekend, back to giving them a one week notice. And it stayed there lol, but this shift got worse, so I decided for sure I was done after either that night, or the weekend, a part of me felt wrong screwing them over for the weekend that way though, so that was my status, that weekend.

So the shift got worse. I was suppose to work from 12pm to 1am that day. I was at my station by myself, which is unacceptable. A cook shouldn’t have to deal with a rush by himself at a station. I managed the lunch rush, but dinner is when it went to hell. I was getting exhausted, I hardly slept, my days off from work, I spent taking summer courses. Its now 7pm and ive been working for 7 hours at this point, and the manager josh is yelling at everyone, and me, being a complete *******, like he was. Now I am beyond stressed, l didn’t even know what to do. I had 40 orders on my screen, and like 15 orders with 30 min + ticket times. Josh is screaming at me, why do I have 30 minute tickets, unacceptable, this isn’t what I wanted when I hired you, move your ass. I bit my tongue for a bit, and he eventually came back to me, yelling at me, so I told him..
“I am working this station by myself, and I am exhausted and have been here all day, I am doing the best I can, some help would be great, I have a horrible headache”
His response was, so what?? I have been here all day, and I am fine, and you don’t see me crying. He got there 5 hours after I did, he was there for two hours at this point. At this point I am getting angry and I said **** the two week or one week, I am done after tonight. Then, the flatbread…the spinach artichoke flatbread.

I made the flat bread, doing 4 other orders at the same time, and cut the flat bread (its already 10 minute cooking job), and I looked up to see where in the window to put it, and I realized I made it wrong. So I took this one and threw it against the wall. 5 minutes later, I get an angry josh yelling, where’s my flat bread? I said, I ****ed it up, sorry, it’s in the oven right now! He comes around, and goes, you are ****ing up my ticket times jon! This ******** shouldn’t be happening!

So I screamed at him, and said, get me some god damn help, I can’t do 40 orders at once, I can’t do it, nor could you, or anyone, I need another person here, do your damn job, and manage your employees and manage this restaurant, I shouldn’t have to do this. So I got help. Finally. This other guy comes over at 7:30, and I asked him to make the buffalitos. “I don’t know how to do that”. Ok…flatbreads then please “I don’t know how to do that either, I am new” so I asked how new he was…his second day.

They scheduled him for his second shift on a busy saturaday night So I spent the next 20 minutes training this idiot AND making orders, getting even farther behind, I wanted to walk out, my mind couldn’t handle the stress. Finally, a third person came over, and it was 8 o clock, and we started busting out orders, and the orders started to dwindle. And I decided I will stay the weekend. I was still stressed, so I thought about the rest of dinner rush, and how much I had to do after. Dinner rush ended around 10. I was going to be there another 3 or so hours, only to have to go in at 7am the next day. I got angry again, and we had a bunch of orders, probably about 22 left at this point, and Josh’s voice is just getting worse and he’s swearing and yelling. So I just said to myself, why am I here? Why am I letting myself be treated this way? I am better than these people? And It hit me, no one is making me stay, so in the middle of dinner rush, I told the kid helping me, I need to go to the bathroom, and started to take off my apron. He goes, okay, hurry back though, I stopped, looked at him, and said, dude, **** this place, you should do what I am about to do. He was confused. I turned around, told josh I was going to the bathroom, and he said, No, you are not. So I said, “what, you are gunna control my body now too?” I put the apron on the shelf, left the kitchen, turned left, walked to the parking lot, to my car, and left those *******s screwed for dinner rush.
Worse experience I ever had in a restaurant

Not a horror story for ME more funny. A truck stop I frequented had hired a new cook (new to the country too) had just started there. I ordered a double cheese burger and got a burger with two slices of cheese hahahaha
One time I ordered a bacon burger... and they forgot the bacon!

tumblr_mjr6iwges_R1s67vyfo4_250.gif

ha ha that's like buying a drink on the rocks and having real rocks in the glass instead of ice :funny:

I find that service is generally terrible in American restaurant chains. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Japanese service, but with prices that are getting downright European, and people expecting generous tipping, it's starting to annoy me.

It's one thing to bring out cold food, make me wait a course for a drink refill, or to forget to bring the check, but don't expect me to tip.

I find that service is generally terrible in American restaurant chains. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Japanese service, but with prices that are getting downright European, and people expecting generous tipping, it's starting to annoy me.

It's one thing to bring out cold food, make me wait a course for a drink refill, or to forget to bring the check, but don't expect me to tip.
I've been to a few places like that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"