Gatchaman and Thundercats news

Decoy Lad

Civilian
Reaction score
From the blog of Charlie Wen:

http://charliewen.typepad.com/

Near the end of God of War 2, it was definitely time to do something different. I learned from a good friend Charles Lee that Imagi was making "Gatchaman". This was a dream project for me ever since I was a little kid running in the back streets of Taiwan as G1 (the leader of the Gatchaman team), protecting our neighborhood from alien invasion. This old 70's cartoon was called "Battle of the Planets" in the US, or G-Force. I loved it... I got to help envision Gatchaman for our times. I joined Imagi for about a year and a half---worked on some "look of picture" images, but mostly spent time designing the characters. The original vision for the film was fun and a bit edgy---appealed to me. The project's been through lots of changes, rewrites (like any film), ended up with a different director recently. The vision's changed since I first joined, and seems to be going towards a younger Power Rangers audience---I wanted to see a Gatchaman that I would love to see, and didn't want to see it go this direction, so I departed from Imagi and took an Art Directing/Character Designing gig on Thundercats.

If you don't know, Kevin Monroe is out as director of Gatchaman, and Imagi seems to be aiming the movie more toward a younger audience, I doubt the movie will retain its proposed PG-13 rating.

He didn't make it clear or I'm missing something--is he directing, writing or designing?

I understood he was working on the art department? Concept art and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"