The Russos Bros planning a live action Battle of the Planets

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Russo Brothers Developing ‘Grimjack’ & ‘Battle Of The Planets’ – Deadline

Russo Brothers to Produce and Possibly Direct a ‘Battle of the Planets’ Movie

While there is a Gatchaman thread, the Russos are planning a separate live action Battle of the Planets adaptation.

BOTP was based on the Japanese anime cartoon Gatchaman, but is sufficiently different to warrant its own thread as it is a different production.

I'm excited to hear this. I was just watching the BotP intro today and then thinking they should have a live action version of this. I know they had a live action version of Gatchaman a few years ago. And then lo and behold, I found out that the Russos announced this at SDCC this very weekend.

I hope they have a similar intro and music:

Wonder if this is going to be a strict adaptation of BotP or if they'll also include elements of the original Gatchaman anime that were removed from the Americanized version?

Wonder if this is going to be a strict adaptation of BotP or if they'll also include elements of the original Gatchaman anime that were removed from the Americanized version?

If they include the original Gatchaman elements, then it's not really BotP anymore but just an American adaptation of Gatchaman. I'd rather they just keep it strictly the Americanised version.

Keyop can't really be both the BotP version and Gatchaman version since the BotP version talks in strange ticks and sounds and no proper dialogue.

They might have a challenge portraying 7Zark7 to not seem like just a cross between R2D2 and C3PO, even though that is basically what he is.

Lot of potential in this!

It might only be Battle of the Planets anyway rather than Gatchaman. It all depends on the rights. Does BotP constitute separate rights to Gatchaman? And if so, did the Russos only acquire the rights to BotP? If that is the case, then it would have to be purely that cartoon and not Gatchaman.

But then would it have to be sufficiently different from Gatchaman? Does that mean they could end up changing a lot about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"