General Gaming News

Another (Ubisoft) NFT GaaS dying out.

Ars Technica - Ubisoft’s first NFT experiment was a dumpster fire
Publisher still promises "future [NFT] drops coming with other games."

Sounds like a threat. 'Get in on the ground floor of our next limited time pyramid scheme.'

Forbes - Interest In NFTs And The Metaverse Is Falling Fast
If Google is any indicator, public interest appears to be falling fast in the concepts of NFTs and the metaverse.

Keep in mind that 'interest' searches also include people like us dunking on NFTs.
Nice, haha.

Hopefully it doesn’t end up selling for much and is a sign of what will happen with gaming NFTs.

Sexual assault and crypto-scams, two "great" flavors that go great together.

Also, the way things are going, I feel like Twitch should require a basic criminal background check when you create a new account. . .
This is one of the problems with anonymity. It’s always going to attract fraudsters and criminals and even convicted criminals can go under the radar and operate freely.

Not surprising. All companies will fight unionization.

Given the conditions devs seem to work in at most gaming companies they all need union protection.

This ****in' guy gets around everywhere.

Sandberg continues to be not much better.

So not just gaming companies interested in buying devs/publishers.

These in-game ads that Microsoft and Sony are cooking up better be non-intrusive.

Mobile phone game ads are very obtrusive. That's what I assume they want to do.

Mobile phone game ads are very obtrusive. That's what I assume they want to do.
I would hope they aren't quite that dumb. I understand ads could help them make a lot more money without directly charging gamers, but there's no point if it ruins the experience/immersiveness. Maybe keep them for menu screens or on loading up the game. Or even make it so you can choose when to run an ad to get it out the way (ideally before you start playing properly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"