Iron Man 2 Get John Debney to score Iron Man 2.

I completely agree. Superman, Spider-man, and Batman have the best scores. Althought there are other superheroes with good themes; like, Fantastic Four and the orchestral part of Ghost Rider.
John Powell's score was amazing in X3, and imo, the best. But John Ottman, and whoever did the score in X-men, were also really good.

Michael Kamen.

I have enjoyed most superhero scores, but Iron Man was simply serviceable to my ears. I don't really listen to the soundtrack with the exception of "Driving With The Top Down". But I don't like switching gears in the music: I'd just give Djawadi benefit of the doubt to compose a better score. I mean, the Mandarin is someone you can have a lot more fun composing for.

Michael Kamen.
Thanks.:woot::up:
I have enjoyed most superhero scores, but Iron Man was simply serviceable to my ears. I don't really listen to the soundtrack with the exception of "Driving With The Top Down". But I don't like switching gears in the music: I'd just give Djawadi benefit of the doubt to compose a better score. I mean, the Mandarin is someone you can have a lot more fun composing for.
From Iron Man's score, I liked, "Driving with the Top Down;" "Mark II;" the end of "Iron Man;" and a certain segment in "Mark I."
I don't really care much for the rest of the soundtrack.

Thing is, most of the recent comicbook films havent had a signature score that you would remember (in the veign of a Williams Superman score).

Yeah, Micheal Kamen was replaced by Ottman for X2, but there arent many elements of that score that stood out either.

I thought Djawadi's score was fine.

Thing is, most of the recent comicbook films havent had a signature score that you would remember (in the veign of a Williams Superman score).

Yeah, Micheal Kamen was replaced by Ottman for X2, but there arent many elements of that score that stood out either.

I thought Djawadi's score was fine.
Yeah, the X-men movies' scores were good, but they barely had a theme most of the time.
That's why I love Spider-man's, the Fantastic Four's, and Ghostrider's(orchestral) scores; because they had leitmotifs that were prominently featured.

I would love to see Debney do the next score :)

Zimmer always said about Batman Begins, that he didn't write a "complete score," for the first movie, because Batman wasn't "complete" yet. Now that he's in the second movie, he has supposedly "earned" a true score. Perhaps, that's what Zimmer's lackey in Iron Man was doing. In the end credits, when there was actually score (and not rock music), I heard little ticklings of motifs and themes, perhaps that what he was going for. Regardless though, I wasn't overly impressed with the score. And I must respectfully disagree with everyone up above who has said that Spiderman has a memorable score. I just don't see it. As a musician professionally, I'm trained to look for motifs, themes, parts that stand out in music. There's nothing in Spiderman. Even Elfmann admits that he doesn't like the score, and that he was pushed by Raimi to create a particular sound that he didn't agree with.

He only used Batman score two times in the movie, for short time. Cause he did't want to take the audience out of the movie.

Hans Zimmer for Iron Man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"