GI Joe Retaliation toys in stores

UnknownStuntman

Civilian
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this yet, but it looks like even though the movie got pushed back to March 2013, the toys still came out as scheduled. Saw them in Target today.

Store I was in had several Roadblock figures, some Storm Shadows, a Duke, and a Cobra Commander. There were also a couple of vehicles (a ninja dune buggy for Snake Eyes, and a motorcycle for Firefly), and an action figure Triple Pack (Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and a red ninja.) All in the standard 3 3/4 inch scale.

Then there were two 12 inch figures, one of Snake Eyes and one of Roadblock. Both plastic, poseable, with buttons in the belt buckles that let them talk/make noise. Snake Eyes made swinging sword sounds, and Roadblock does the 'Yo Joe' and 'Time to take out the Cobra trash!'

There were also Snake Eyes masks for kids, and a rubber Snake Eyes katana (called a Justice Sword).

The one thing I saw that made me laugh/blink? The art on the vehicle and triple pack boxes show Roadblock and Snake Eyes charging into battle...Roadblock has the Arashikage tattoo on his left bicep. He doesn't on the actual figures. Guess the artist figured if Snake Eyes had it, maybe all the Joes had it.

I saw these and I wad sorlet tempted but I didn't bite. I may in the future though. I more interested in the Dollar General joe figures.

Zartan is good, so it the strangely familiar GI Trooper, who looks like he might be Master, or Chief of something (;)).

The Roadblock (Rock) figure is bad though, wait till the v.2 comes out. He has a weapon permanently sculpted to his hand, which is against the very nature of GI Joe figures at the most basic level. And the hand is on a wider than normal peg, so you can't swap it with a spare figure. Probably the worst modern-age Joe action figure ever.

Last edited:
odd.. hopefully the toys will still sell..

I would like to report that I had a very detailed dream about GI Joe toys last night.

I dreamt that my second-favorite vehicle of all time, the Killer Whale, was finally re-released for the contemporary line. Except that it was repainted and rebranded as a dark blue Cobra vehicle. I eagerly bought the vehicle, and spent some time trying to figure out where the heck I was going to display it on my shelf.

Yes. Most men dream about sex. I dreamt about this. :(

And so my watch begins ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"