Gif as avatar?

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
I see other people with gif avatars, but when I tried to upload one, it wasn't moving.

elijah-wood-OcvGb5.gif

on the old forum i could upload it myself, i miss that :/

Ay, this happened again.
There was maintenance on this site recently, must be why this happened again.

Are gifs as avatars no longer working? No-one who had an animated one (including myself) are displaying anymore but appear as a completely blank square.

Also I seem to have some thick black outline around the buttons "post reply", "upload a file" and "more options" which doesn't look very pretty.

Are gifs as avatars no longer working? No-one who had an animated one (including myself) are displaying anymore but appear as a completely blank square.

Also I seem to have some thick black outline around the buttons "post reply", "upload a file" and "more options" which doesn't look very pretty.
I can see your Gal Gadot gif just fine.

I can't see anyone's animated avatars on Google Chrome. I can only see still ones.

I see many animated avatars. Use Firefox.

i see other peoples avatars animate, but i don't see mine :(

I've managed to solve the animated avatar problem and horrible black or grey borders around search bars or form fields. Apparently it's a Google Chrome update where they try to force some user accessibility thing on users rather than people opting into it if they want it or not. Others have had the same problem too.

If anyone else is having this issue, you have to go here to this link: chrome://flags/#form-controls-refresh (paste that link into your browser). Then under "Web platform controls updated UI" you have to switch it from default to disabled. Once you restart your browser it changes it back to a normal-looking Chrome experience.

I did this and it restored my animated avatar here (don't know why it affected it) and also got rid of those horrible black or grey borders around everything.

i dont even know what Tor is. I thought of Bring It On immediately lol

i miss using Opera though.

i dont even know what Tor is. I thought of Bring It On immediately lol

i miss using Opera though.
You don't want to know... Ignorance is bliss. :o

If you miss the old Opera before it went to ****, I highly recommend Vivaldi. It's from the former CEO of Opera and has many of the out-of-the-box features that made Opera great like tab stacking/tiling, mouse gestures, sessions, full UI customization...

I was a former user of Opera (used it back since the early 2000s when it had ads :funny:) and been using Vivaldi since its release, and couldn't be happier.

I am at a loss with this avatar thing. I can see everyone else's move, but not my own. Chrome, Edge, Firefox. All the same.

*sigh*

I am at a loss with this avatar thing. I can see everyone else's move, but not my own. Chrome, Edge, Firefox. All the same.

*sigh*
Your isn't moving to me either (but I can see others moving). Maybe it's a problem with your av?

Your isn't moving to me either (but I can see others moving). Maybe it's a problem with your av?

I've wondered that too, but shouldn't a .gif work? I tried a tumblr gif, tenor, media giphy. Completely baffled haha.

I am still unable to use an animated avatar. It either says "none selected" or it just spins there trying to recognize it before giving up and doing nothing.

Just wanted to chime in with specifics to get your avatars up and running - be sure to use photoshop or an online gif maker tool to resize your down gif to 95x95 or 100x100, that should do the job and get your gif to playback as your avatar. :hrt:

Tried that and did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"