Civil War Giving Civil War another shot...

Finally someone smart enough who noticed. The movie ends where it started.

Not to mention the contrived and nonsensical motivations from the two main characters to even kick start the stupid plot.

At least the motivations for Batman taking on Superman made sense. They didn't know each other.

Tony all of a sudden is this massive company man, or government man. When in the 5x movies he's in previously he's a massive, cool, rebellious maverick. And if he's truly about taking responsibility, he'd have had himself locked up before the plot even starts considering he's the one who egotisticallg creates Ultron.

It's a stupid movie that morons ate up because well ... it's Marvel and it's got some jokes.

RDJ once again steals the show. Him, Spider-Man and Paul Rudd are the only scenes worth watching. The plot is stupid. The drama is so forced. Black Panther is a crappy actor with a terrible accent, and hilariously bad facial expressions.

All the characters besides Stark, Steve, and Bucky are irrelevant. Cash grabs. Commercials for future movies. Even if the two, Paul Rudd and Spider-Man are totally entertaining.

Captain America, and Chris Evan's boring ass takes an EXTREME back seat in his own movie, with his name on the title.

:huh:

PS, no one thinks the Cap and Bucky "love" is more than a little homoerotic in subtext? My gf kept laughing about it the entire time. Best dude friends don't act that gay. Nor do the other friends (Falcon) act so salty about it. That's a passive aggressive woman type behavior.

Thanks for calling us all morons,master.

This brings me to why I am having such a difficult time with Civil War. Where to start? Winter Soldier set up this and Age of Ultron superbly. And it seems that in Civil War you can see remnants of what originally a satisfying Captain America 3 would've been. What we got instead was a hijacked script, movie by committee most interested in getting as much star power as possible to raise the box office gross. It looks like originally we were set up to have a Bucky redemption story with Cap, Bucky, and crew going out to stop Zemo and his crew of unstable Super Soldiers. Instead we got a relatively humorless look into how complicated, frustrating, and bureaucratic our modern world is.

Thanks!

This right here...Winter Soldier was a masterpiece to me. And I wanted to see a true Capt America film but instead we got another Avengers movie just to be another cash grab. My favorite characters were still James and Steve but I hate that they got shortchanged from a story that could have been just as good as their last one. It especially sucks because the Russo's did this film as well as TWS and I believe they could have made another brilliant film.

Finally someone smart enough who noticed. The movie ends where it started.

Not to mention the contrived and nonsensical motivations from the two main characters to even kick start the stupid plot.

At least the motivations for Batman taking on Superman made sense. They didn't know each other.

Tony all of a sudden is this massive company man, or government man. When in the 5x movies he's in previously he's a massive, cool, rebellious maverick. And if he's truly about taking responsibility, he'd have had himself locked up before the plot even starts considering he's the one who egotisticallg creates Ultron.

It's a stupid movie that morons ate up because well ... it's Marvel and it's got some jokes.

RDJ once again steals the show. Him, Spider-Man and Paul Rudd are the only scenes worth watching. The plot is stupid. The drama is so forced. Black Panther is a crappy actor with a terrible accent, and hilariously bad facial expressions.

All the characters besides Stark, Steve, and Bucky are irrelevant. Cash grabs. Commercials for future movies. Even if the two, Paul Rudd and Spider-Man are totally entertaining.

Captain America, and Chris Evan's boring ass takes an EXTREME back seat in his own movie, with his name on the title.

:huh:

PS, no one thinks the Cap and Bucky "love" is more than a little homoerotic in subtext? My gf kept laughing about it the entire time. Best dude friends don't act that gay. Nor do the other friends (Falcon) act so salty about it. That's a passive aggressive woman type behavior.
With the amount of insults and condescension from this post and a few others I've seen, looks like the we got the return of the snobbish attitude from the Nolanites.

Last edited:
People who think Steve and Bucky are gay are usually close minded, unimaginative, or hopeful.

A reminder to everyone......DO NOT CALL PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SHARE YOUR OPINION OFFENSIVE NAMES.....there is no need for that.

This right here...Winter Soldier was a masterpiece to me. And I wanted to see a true Capt America film but instead we got another Avengers movie just to be another cash grab. My favorite characters were still James and Steve but I hate that they got shortchanged from a story that could have been just as good as their last one. It especially sucks because the Russo's did this film as well as TWS and I believe they could have made another brilliant film.

Yeah, I get what some of what you and the original poster are saying here. I am not a huge Cap fan by any means, and them doing CW was very exciting to me and the first time I watched the movie I loved the hell out of it.

But on repeat viewings the movie is getting worse for me. And IMO the final battle fails in some aspects and the resolution is not really a resolution at all. I do think in hindsight CW may have been better saved for an Avengers movie and have Cap 3 be Bucky's redemption arc and him and Cap going up against Zemo and the other WS's. And yes I know what they did in the movie with the other WS's was a red herring, and a good one, but the WS stuff is the most interesting part of Caps arc in the story in my eyes.

I guess we have to look at the bigger picture here. Marvel had an untitled release for May 2016, and it was looking like Warner Bros wanted to release BvS at the time, so the RDJ heavy and kitchen sink of characters is what we got to guarantee a box office victory over Batman and co. I kinda wish this didnt come at the expense of my favorite hero but that's what Marvel decided, Cap can get a little shaft, we know RDJ will get us the win. Let's make and set up a few more future releases too while we're at it.

DC moved way before Marvel even announced that Cap3 was gonna be CW though.

Looks like Teekay and I watched the same film.

Nothing Teekay says is untrue except for me,it didn't lead me eager to see what's next. I'm just not eager to go those roads in MCU.

I could be wrong and I could be thrilled as horrible things happen BECAUSE of the accords and Ross is proved to be the propagandist villain I feel is was throughout CW Etc. I just don't have that trust after the film. Maybe I'm just having a flashback to IM3 but I'm both excited and dreading Ragnarok and Infinity war. I'm almost expecting things to go where I don't want in ways that I find wrong or poorly done.

To me, it felt like an empty vacuum of a shell, hollow in where the audience where 'supposed' to park their interest or loyalty and I left far more interested in the prospect of a Blank Panther stand-a-lone film. Coupled with the 'Team v Team' airport battle had been built up as this 'all powerful, once in a lifetime' event and it was some silly playground scuffle (I appreciate so one felt the viciousness of the later 'real' fight) but it was just against a non-existent set with little interaction nor impact.

To me, it's 100x better then any piece of steaming elephant crap that the soulless, bland, colorless, DCEU has ever done. That universe is a big infected boil that needs to be lanced ASAP. Disgusting sloppy seconds from now until the end of time. They had to get an MCU architect to try and save their sinking smelly ship. Am I doing this right mate? Wonder Women looks good though.

Last edited:
Maybe it wasn't your thing, but Civil War was not a "corporate film." Civil War was the film that the writers to do, and they weren't sure they'd be able to until Downey (thankfully) signed on. The writers/directors/actors AKA the people who actually make the film...it's the film THEY wanted to make.

When you get to the indisputably great films of the MCU, like Civil War or even something like Doctor Strange, you get rage from a certain subset of people. The kind that'll rate the film a two out of ten, for example, or even lower. Let's be clear about something...they aren't being honest with us OR themselves. If they were, why would there be rage?

The truth is that these people are angry because they are jealous.

Maybe they are DC fans, and therefore still have to talk about The Dark Knight trilogy like they are still the greatest superhero films ever (because nothing put out by DC since then has even come close) or maybe they are X-Men fans and therefore have to pretend movies like Logan or Days of Future Past are superior even though they are really just as good as films in the MCU. Either way, it's because of jealousy. They want their properties (X-Men and DC) to be handled as well as Disney is handling the MCU, but it isn't happening consistantly, and it often fails spectacularly.

Really, why else would someone who is not a fan of the MCU actually be angry about one of their films unless it is jealousy? Think about it.

And if they really hate these films so much...why do they keep seeing them? It's because, deep down, even the guys who are really angry and jealous know that the MCU films are fantastic. They are everything a comic book fan could reasonably hope for from films about these characters and, often, far more than they could have hoped for.

I think this thread morphed into its own Civil War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"