• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Glee II: More GLeek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that rabid fanbase is potentially winning if that thing really is about Blaine. And that's one reason I just can't get behind Kurt/Blaine as more than friends. That fanbase.

I want Kurt's boyfriend to have meaning and importance. Not be a marketing machine for the show.

I'll just add that I feel kind of bad for people in situations like Darren's, because they become the target of the backlash over something they have no real control over and probably don't even personally approve of. Some of the more immature Glee fans can't understand that Darren is just an actor/singer doing his job and he's not the right person to direct their anger at.

I'll just add that I feel kind of bad for people in situations like Darren's, because they become the target of the backlash over something they have no real control over and probably don't even personally approve of. Some of the more immature Glee fans can't understand that Darren is just an actor/singer doing his job and he's not the right person to direct their anger at.
My favourite episode of that in recent memory was when Mark Salling got bombarded with angry tweets post-Special Education.

Because of the whole Rachel kiss thing.

Apparently ''Brittana" shippers and ''Finchel" shippers have attacked the writer's recently.

Well at least they're taking it to the writers, not the actors who are just doing what the writers tell them to do.

Apparently the writers also got some hatemail from Klainers because of the Gap guy in Valentine's Day episode. Although, for the record, I'm a Klainer, and I actually ended up liking the Kurt-Blaine storyline in the episode a lot more than I expected to.

I'm just bored of romance or slashes over all! I would LOVE to see just one episode where there's no mention of couples whatsoever! :p

****ing them over...it's what he does best...ever watch Nip/Tuck??

plus I think that blind item is about 'Brothers and Sisters'

I'm rewatching Nip/Tuck on netflix. Still love that show even if it went downhill in the later seasons.

Okay, but attacking the writers for doing the vision they want for THEIR show? I'm sorry, but it's unnecessary. It's amazing you care about their fictional characters that much. It's actually a great honor to them, but to attack them because they did with they wanted to do with the characters they CREATED? SO wrong.

I love writing. I'm a writer. And I've had people read stuff I've wrote and people have HATED some of the things I've done to my characters, and I love they illicit a strong reaction from people, but hate messages just wouldn't be cool with me in the slightest.

I'm a writer too, I have a sci-fi novel I've been working on for years, and a fantasy novel I am working on with a friend.

I'm not condoning sending hate messages to anyone, I'm saying if you have a criticism, the best people to direct it toward--preferably in a civilized manner--are the writers, as opposed to attacking Darren Criss, Mark Salling, or whoever on their Twitters for scenes that they had no control over.

But flipping out every time a couple breaks up or something is not a criticism it's a knee jerk reaction, especially when a majority of the complaints are ''I WILL KILL YOU IF FINN AND RACHEL DON'T GET BACK TOGETHER THEY ARE OMG TRUE LOVE SO CUTE." only written with lots of numbers and words missing.

The show would be boring if things like that didn't happen and it's the writer's decision to do whatever they want for the show/their characters. It's not up to us, the fans. Otherwise the show wouldn't be very interesting.

Now this Blaine thing about him fooling around with girls, possibly being bisexual. There's some legit concerns for that, also for the Brittana people who just wanted to be able to have their role models on the show get a good story together. But when it's death threats and how they suck for breaking up 2 fictional characters? It's not a criticism. It's being dumb.

Last edited:
It could be, but at it's heart, Glee is in the same genre as 90210. It's a high school drama/dramedy. Just this time the adults are as important as the kids. The acting is better and they break out into song on occasion.

Glee is in the same genre as 90210. It's a high school drama/dramedy. Just this time the adults are as important as the kids. The acting is better and they break out into song on occasion.

Hence why I watch Glee and not 90210. Plus the main characters at least are a little more three-dimensional.

Yeah, the characters are more dimensional and likable too. They also aren't the stereotypical rich white kids with problems like all the other shows in the genre tend to go towards.

Last edited:
The show also has more gay/bisexual characters than others and none of them are played for laughs or shocks.

Kurt, Blaine, Britt, Santana, and Dave.

The only gay person on the show so far played for laughs has been Sandy Ryerson.

Brittany is played mostly for laughs, but mainly because she's... um... "simple."

Santana and Britt's relationship isn't played for laughs? :huh:

So far the bisexual side of her hasn't been the laughing stock of her character though. It's mostly because she's got a peanut sized brain.

Sandy's sexuality and his flamboyance is/was the entire point of his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"