• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Good Actors, Horrible Role Choices

Well may have some hope in a movie called Faster with Billy Bob Thornton.

The Rock should have read for Canan for the guy from Atlantis got that job.

Heath Ledger as The Joker.

:awesome:

The Rock is returning to his action roots in "Faster" about an ex-con who avenges his brother's death. So you won't see The Rock doing anymore kids movies, unless it's Pixar.

one could hope, I expected alot from the guy, and he isn't getting younger.

Steve Martin, a brilliant comedian/writer who had the audacity to, not once but twice, take on the role of Inspector Clouseau in 2 Pink Panther pictures. It's bad enough that Martin's had to reduce himself to doing bulls*** kiddie pictures to pay his bills, but to p*** all over Peter Sellers' grave by playing Clouseau is unforgivable.

-so sayeth the mastermind-

De Niro, Travolta, and Eddie Murphy occur to me first. These guys have no excuse: they have the talent and they have the clout, so what the hell? Everybody's Fine, Old Dogs, and Imagine That? Bobby! You were Jake La Motta! Johnny! You were Vincent Vega! And Eddie! Reggie Hammond, thou hast forsaken us.

He had awesome potential, but got sucked into the easy money of Disney family flicks.

He needs to do more mhardcore action films like The Rundown, and less crap that I will never see like The Tooth Fairy.

I think he should try his hand at some serious drama again. He definitely showcased some great acting chops in The Gridiron Gang.

Brendan Fraser.....with just about every role he's chosen. The Mummy and The Mummy Returns set him up to be one of Hollywood's leading A-listers. I don't know what happened.

[YT]O9XXaU8xnV0[/YT]

I don't know if I can think of any actor who has squandered his talent as much and as often as Eddie Murphy. It's almost unbelievable to think that he was once the biggest stand-up comedian in the country. It's like he's deliberately been trying to sabotage his own career over the past 10 or so years.

Steve Martin, a brilliant comedian/writer who had the audacity to, not once but twice, take on the role of Inspector Clouseau in 2 Pink Panther pictures. It's bad enough that Martin's had to reduce himself to doing bulls*** kiddie pictures to pay his bills, but to p*** all over Peter Sellers' grave by playing Clouseau is unforgivable.

I've heard he takes on any crappy role they give him so he can increase his art collection or something.

But yeah, I agree, casting him as Clouseau (and then casting Beyonce "I Only Play Myself" Knowles of all people as the love interest) was a sham. Especially considering that Kevin Kline and Jean Reneau were both in the movie... and either one of them could have played a better Clouseau than Martin.

Raul Julia ended his career on a HORRENDOUS note with "Street Fighter".

Al Pacino & Robert DeNiro.
What the hell is wrong with these guys....

And although Anthony Hopkins still has appears in good movie , i wanted to *****slap him for appearing in Bad Company.
I mean truly.. :doh:

But he was the best thing about Street Fighter. Bison was awesome.
Dude... he was acting alongside the likes of JCVD and Kylie Minogue...

His performance would have been the best thing about that movie if he died whilst shooting it...

Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro ofcourse. Great actors who have tainted their legacy by playing in an endless stream of s**t.

Pacino constantly is playing a charicatures of himself in movies with terrible scripts. He has given up.

DeNiro played in Rocky and Bullwinkle...nuff said.

Last edited:
They should have had Raul Julia in the second Streetfighter movie with Kristin Kruek in it... set up in Weekend at Bernie's strings...

Well... it couldn't have hurt...

Hup, look... there goes Bison now on waterskis...

An even worse crime was trying to do Phil Silver's 'Bilko'. Why would a comedian want to try and ape characters that were defined by the classic performances of superior talents?
I think That-Guy's answer sounds about right, so he can rake in the money for his nick-nacks.

Re: Pacino and DeNiro, these two guys have the distiction on appearing, and giving great performances in many modern classics. The kind of movies that are few and far between, but they are actors who want to work, they will have to take the best jobs they see possible in order to keep working, not every film coming their way year in year out is going to be great, most will be so-so, because most films are so-so.
edit: I don't know if I could name any performances or roles they have done that were out and out 'horrible'.
As for Rocky and Bullwinkle, DeNiro was a fan of the classic cartoon series, and wanted to do a kid's movie, I wouldn't begrudge him that at all. It was an alright kid's movie.

I don't know if I can think of any actor who has squandered his talent as much and as often as Eddie Murphy. It's almost unbelievable to think that he was once the biggest stand-up comedian in the country. It's like he's deliberately been trying to sabotage his own career over the past 10 or so years.

Murphy turned down the role of Eddie Valiant (which went to Bob Hoskins) in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Chris Turckers role in Rush Hour.

I think gotta ask why Statham takes the same roles over and over in bad movies other then Transporter films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"