• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
http://gizmodo.com/5922882/google-nexus-7-tablet-review-the-new-best-way-to-spend-200-bucks

I think this is what I've been holding out for all these months. $200 for a full fledged tablet. Not Kindle Fire with limited apps, full blown device with the best specs available on an Android device. I'm so tempted in buying one right the **** now. The price point is just too good.

Google Nexus 7 Specs

Screen: 7-inch 720p IPS screen
Processor and RAM: 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 / 1GB RAM
Storage: 8GB / 16 GB
Camera: Back: None, Front: 1.2MP
Weight: 12 ounces
Battery: 4325 mAh Li-Ion
Price: $200/8GB, $250/16GB

They absolutely nailed the price point. That's a lot of bang for the buck. I'd get one if I hadn't already bought a couple Touchpads in the fire sale. Maybe I'll see if I can sale them to get this.

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to buy one ASAP. I can't see anything else coming out that would sway me otherwise at this price point at least.

I like it. Though it still seems weird to me that it has a front camera over a back camera. I would rather it be the other way if we couldn't have two cameras. But I definitely want to get this.

Only nitpicks would be the lack of a microSD slot and no HDMI out. It supposedly won't support MHL either. Kind of a bummer but at the same time with the cloud storage probably won't be an issue and I don't know that many people who hook their tablets up to their TV's. Of course, you can buy the Nexus Q for $300 and stream everything.

Looks like a nice device, esp for the price. The fact it doesnt have a microSD slot is probably a break-it for me though.

Who knows, I might change my mind in the near future.

I think at that price point it's right for those impulse buys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"