GoT Prequel Series

HKpowerup

Civilian
Reaction score
I'd love to hear feedback on what you all want to see in the prequels. I understand that there are five prequel shows planned, with one show already done in terms of the script.

How far back do you want the prequels to be set?

While I would love to see Robert's Rebellion, I want to go hundreds if not thousands of years back. For example, seeing how the Wall came to be or the origins of the Night's Watch.

What does everyone think?

Last edited:
Supposedly 4 of the five prequels are dead, and they're concentrating on the Long Night prequel series. I personally think a series based on the long night would be awesome as all hell.
Somebody was bound to be disappointed regarding what prequels got made or didn't tho. If you're into sword and sorcery stuff you probably would want the long night adapted, if you're more into political intrigue you'd probably rather have a dance of dragons adapted.

It was both ambitious and stupid for them to attempt five prequel series in one go; do one at a time, the fanbase and theme will last longer.

of the two ideas I've read up on, there's two themes I'd have liked to of seen:

• The Targaryen Reign
  • The Baratheon Rebellion

Alternatively, a GoT show set some 2000 years in the future; I'd like to see what sort of effect a sub machine gun mounted on a tank has against White Walkers. :cwink:

You seem to think they were in preproduction for 5 shows. That wasnt what they were doing. They were only developing 5 pilot scripts. Thats not ambitious.

It also wasnt stupid. It was smart. It gave them more chances of getting a green light, and it gave HBO more options. They said from the beginning that they didnt expect all five scripts to get a green light and that there was no guarantee any of them would be greenlit. They were just taking multiple approaches and hoping at least one of them got the green light.

And just because they were developing 5 pilot scripts doesnt mean all five would have been produced and released at the same time. HBO would have most likely released them one at a time. I suspect that's why they have only greenlit one of the pilot scripts. Later on they may greenlight one of the other pilot scripts.

Last edited:
I thought seeing Aegon conquer Westeros would be a good story. We could see the fall of old valyria and Aegon come to westeros with his 2 sisters. This could also be a good story for a movie, it is set so far in the past that it can stand by itself. A series would give us more detail though.

Yeah seeing the Doom of Valyria could be cool. And I’ve heard that they don’t want to ever do Robert’s Rebellion, but why the hell not? There’s so much potential for rich storytelling there... the Knight of the Laughing Tree, Rhaegar either falling madly in love or deliberately seeking out the woman he believed could give birth to the Last Hero, Robert obsessing over Lyanna, Aerys losing his mind and getting killed by Jaime, the battle at the Trident, the Mountain murdering the Martels, etc.

My top picks for prequels would be

1. Exploration Adventure of Sothoryos - Don't think there's been any talk of it at all but I personally would love to see a story of exploration that goes wrong in true got style. As Sothoryos is an analogue for Africa it could open a lot of new story oppurtunies for a exploration, survival or conquest story. Even revealing to our explorer character that the first people's originated in Yeen.
  2. The Long Night - Sure I would have liked more from the Night King once we got to see him but his origins are still very intriguing to me.
  3. The Doom of Valyria - The fall of the Targaryen's empire seems like a very interesting time period especially after the last episode. From what I read its mostly put down to natural disaster but there is also mention of "Valyrian spells controlling the Fourteen Flames faltered." And I think it could make for such an interesting study on the dangers of seeking power at all costs.

I don't care which story they adapt, as long as they go back to what made Game of Thrones great, and don't fall into the BS of this Season 8.

LOLZ U MEAN U DON'T WANT PREQUELZ ABOUT DA ADVENTURES OF DA CLEGANE KIDS? #CLEGANEBOWL EVERY WEEK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"