Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG: Spoiler Talk

Drax is going to be from another race? So he isn't human so connection with Heather Douglas (Moondragon)? I always thought that Thanos had tricked Drax (everyone) to thinking that Ronan killed his parents not him. Are we going to get the reveal that Thanos killed his parents?

Why is the Collector all bandaged up in the credit scene? I thought he was an Elder of the Universe.

(I am so late o n this but...) I picked up at least two references that I believe were meant to indicate Drax was, in fact, human. First off all, he recalls roasting raccoons on a spit and identifies Rocket as such. Second, in his second fight against Ronan when his throat is being crushed, he whispers "Arthur" so that's.... pretty significant, assuming I heard right.

On the other hand, Rocket seems to know what species Drax is and recognizes his habit of literal understanding, which would mean he comes from a specific culture.

Did anyone understand the Howard the Duck cameo/reference at the end....if so please elaborate.

Did anyone understand the Howard the Duck cameo/reference at the end....if so please elaborate.
I believe it was done just for a laugh. I don't expect them to be making a Howard the Duck film anytime soon.

Well "Xandar" is clearly supposed to be a stand-in for the Skrulls. Their backstory with the Kree is very similar to the one with the Skrulls in the comics.

I thought Marvel has Skrulls' movie rights? Why won't they just use Skrulls in the movie instead? I want to see a Kree-Skrulls War in MCU.

Understand it? There's no meaning behind it. Gunn as said it's just there as a joke/for fun.

I thought Marvel has Skrulls' movie rights? Why won't they just use Skrulls in the movie instead? I want to see a Kree-Skrulls War in MCU.
I've wondered about that too.

My guess is, assuming they ever do the Skrulls, they want people to be as surprised as possible. For maximum shock effect, the reveal of the existence of shape-shifting Skrulls, who have already infiltrated Earth, should be one of those surprise :wow: moments, like the Mandarin twist, that you "never see coming" (but, obviously, much more exciting than the Mandarin).

One of, if not the funniest moment for me was when Star-Lord, Drax and Groot were on the Dark Aster fighting and Groot goes absolutely bat **** and kills like 20 guys, roaring as he does so. Quill and Drax give each other this "holy ****" look, then Groot turns round with this big goofy grin on his face.
It's made all the funnier when you remember Rocket's much earlier line to Groot (when they're hunting Quill on Xandar): "Quit smiling! You're supposed to be a professional!" :woot:

(I am so late o n this but...) I picked up at least two references that I believe were meant to indicate Drax was, in fact, human. First off all, he recalls roasting raccoons on a spit and identifies Rocket as such. Second, in his second fight against Ronan when his throat is being crushed, he whispers "Arthur" so that's.... pretty significant, assuming I heard right.

On the other hand, Rocket seems to know what species Drax is and recognizes his habit of literal understanding, which would mean he comes from a specific culture.
I didn't pick up on Ronan whispering "Arthur" -- I'll have to listen for that next time I see it. I did hear him say something about recognizing raccoons, though. I wonder if Rocket was bluffing when referred to knowing about Drax's people. As smart as Rocket is, he could've picked up on Drax's lack of metaphor from his earlier scene on the Kyln ("Why would I run my finger across his neck?"). But yeah, I'm confused about just what MCU-Drax is supposed to be.

I didn't pick up on Ronan whispering "Arthur" -- I'll have to listen for that next time I see it. I did hear him say something about recognizing raccoons, though. I wonder if Rocket was bluffing when referred to knowing about Drax's people. As smart as Rocket is, he could've picked up on Drax's lack of metaphor from his earlier scene on the Kyln ("Why would I run my finger across his neck?"). But yeah, I'm confused about just what MCU-Drax is supposed to be.

Sorry, that might have been some confusing wording. It's Drax who says "Arthur". It's right after Ronan says his part about how he remembers killing his family, and their screams for mercy, yada yada. At least that's how I remember it. Fair warning: I saw it Saturday so it's not clear in my mind, but I remember thinking what an odd clue to Drax's back story to drop in the middle of this scene. Like is Drax trying to remind Ronan who he is or is Drax himself even conscious of who he use to be at this point? Is he saying something else and I just suck at hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"