Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG: Spoiler Talk

Loved all those scenes you guys are talking about. One that made me lose it was when Drax shot Nebula with the Bazooka-like weapon. LOL That was hysterical. The thing about this movie is that almost everyone is a scene stealer. I still think Rocket was the biggest scene stealer of all, but all the Guardians were great. The kind of movie tha leaves you with a huge, Groot-like smile on your face.

Does anyone know the title of the song that is playing when Starlord first puts his ear phones on Gamora and they almost made out? I'm starting to ship them.

Enjoyed it. Korath, Nebula, Rhoman Dey, The Collector and Glenn Close's character were much smaller parts than I expected.

Does anyone know the title of the song that is playing when Starlord first puts his ear phones on Gamora and they almost made out? I'm starting to ship them.
I think it was the Elvin Bishop song from the Awesome Mix, "Fooled Around and Fell in Love."

Just got back from the movie.
Well, it was...um....what I can I say it was awesome. To sum it up, it had everything needed to impress movie goers. Action, suspense, comedy, interesting characters. The whole Shabang. It had the same zing of The Avengers, but with a much more in depth and interesting plot. It's been a while I've seen a space themed blockbuster film that has actually been memorable to me. In my opinion, this film takes every star wars prequel, and kicks it ass. While the film does have it's flaws, sometimes having the humor outweigh the story, this truly is one of the best marvel films I've seen in the past two years. It did exactly what "the avengers" failed to do, deliver a great film, with a satisfying comic book style, with a fully developed plotline, and emotional and interesting characters. This film felt more like a comic book movie/sci-fi thriller, rather than the avengers, which felt to me more like a super-powered sitcom, specifically designed to give marvel fanboys a fan-gasm. I sincerely hope this film does well in the box office. It definitely deserved it. It's satisfying to finally see marvel try 100% with a recent movie. 9/10.

So did they cut a Thanos scene from the early screenings? I thought that he was suppose to get a stone in this film?

Someone who didn't really see a screening made that scene up

So did they cut a Thanos scene from the early screenings? I thought that he was suppose to get a stone in this film?

That was made up by this poster and he admitted to making **** up and got banned.

I like how Nebula was basically "f you all, you're crazy" and bounced

couple of spoiler thoughts, but first, this movie kicked major ass. it shot to the top of my fav Marvel movie. so damn good.

- really surprised they don't introduce any of the Nova Corps that could fly, etc.Not even a teaser of what's there possibly?

- The Collector scene and explanation of the Infinity Gems was unexpected. I've been avoiding spoilers and to get that clear of a setup with the gems and linking to Thanos is still mind blowing to me. This is really happening!!

- So many easter eggs to look for during the Collector scene. Why did assistant feel compelled to grab the stone?

- the Howard the Duck thing was really almost too much awesomeness to take. I had no idea that was coming. i was waiting for Cosmo to start talking, then BAM, HtD. If anybody has a problem with that scene, you have no joy in life. That's a classic Marvel comic book easter egg, i assume everyone knows that? To now know that Howard is part of the MCU, is just so badass I can't truly put it into words.

First things first, the movie was amazing. There was never a dull moment throughout the entire film, and it was visually the best Marvel movie to date. On a side note, in the very beginning of the film on Morag, Star-Lord reconstructs an ancient city with a hologram in which it shows people walking and such. Did anybody else see the Imperial Officer from Star Wars walking from left to right towards the bottom of the screen? I know, i know its a long shot, but it looked just like one. Anyone?

- So many easter eggs to look for during the Collector scene. Why did assistant feel compelled to grab the stone?

Because he treated her like crap. What was the line "do they have elbows on your planet" or something like that. Basically saying "put some elbow grease into it!" when she was cleaning the glass.

Loved the movie! It was a great ride musically and visually. I would describe this as a Star Wars-Indiana Jones- The Fifth Element-Blade Runner sci-fi space opera.

I thought there were going to be two after credits scenes and I only got one with Howard the Duck. Wasn't there going to be another one or was dancing Groot considered it?

I thought there were going to be two after credits scenes and I only got one with Howard the Duck. Wasn't there going to be another one or was dancing Groot considered it?
Dancing Groot was it.

The celestial destroying a planet was awesome. I think it was arishem the judge. Also I hope they didn't really kill ronan. I wanted to see him with the kree later on in future movies.

I just got back from the theatre. The movie was fantastic, and really REALLY funny. I'm glad that they kept Nebula alive. There is more than they can do with her character and her dynamic with Gamora (not enough of that in this movie imo, but I'll give it a pass since this was an origin movie). Oh and they're so totally going to do a Quill/Gamora romance in the sequel.

Friggin' how would Ronan be alive?

I apologize if there is already a discussion of this going on somewhere (and if there is, please point me in that direction that I will gladly make my way there), but regarding Peter Quill's father...

My first thought was that maybe they would use Mar-Vell, but that was a stupid association just because Quill's mother appeared to have been through cancer treatment. So after discarding that and instead focusing on the few ways that his father is described in the film, is it possible that they would use Adam Warlock as his father in the MCU? Are there any other characters that you've thought of that would make sense?

His father is an alien in the comics anyway. So they don't have to link him to Warlock or Mar-Vell or anything if they don't want to.

In the comics, his father is J'Son, emperor of Spartax. And he is a grade-A A-hole/*****e. How fitting then that Yondu described Quill's father as being a "jack***" in the movie. We'll have to wait and see just how much of the stuff from the comics they end up keeping.

I apologize if there is already a discussion of this going on somewhere (and if there is, please point me in that direction that I will gladly make my way there), but regarding Peter Quill's father...

My first thought was that maybe they would use Mar-Vell, but that was a stupid association just because Quill's mother appeared to have been through cancer treatment. So after discarding that and instead focusing on the few ways that his father is described in the film, is it possible that they would use Adam Warlock as his father in the MCU? Are there any other characters that you've thought of that would make sense?

I don't know if they will change things from the 616 for the MCU. They seemed to be setting up Quill's father as Jason of Spartax in a pretty straightforward way, who is his father from the comics.

EDIT: I see a couple folks beat me to an answer. :)

Thanks for the responses (and also for the link, Seahammer). I knew that his father was an alien in the comics, but I did not know anything beyond that. What threw me off was the fact that the film described him as being from an ancient alien race that the Nova Corps seemed to know nothing about (which would've also eliminated Mar-Vell). That just automatically made me assume that they were changing his father to someone who could have a bigger role in the MCU.

Looks like I have some reading to do!

Well the MCU already retconned the Dark Elves to being a race that existed "before the universe began." So it's possible that they may have Spartax be some kind of ancient civilization/empire that has long since collapses/disappeared. Quill's father could be a surviving descendant of said race.

Well the MCU already retconned the Dark Elves to being a race that existed "before the universe began." So it's possible that they may have Spartax be some kind of ancient civilization/empire that has long since collapses/disappeared. Quill's father could be a surviving descendant of said race.

Makes a lot of sense. I'm not familiar with Spartax at all unfortunately, and I'm wondering if there is some obvious way that they could be used in an important way in the overall Thanos v Marvel heroes story. Potentially replacing some alien race like the Shi'ar due to rights issues?

Well "Xandar" is clearly supposed to be a stand-in for the Skrulls. Their backstory with the Kree is very similar to the one with the Skrulls in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"