Gotham Gotham Season 5 Episode 12 - "The Beginning..." [Series Finale]

This was not much different from Smallville.

In Smallville we see close-ups and CGI's. In Gotham Batman was either off-frame or in the background.

Smallville ended with Clark doing the shirt rip. Gotham ended with a full shot of Batman.

In a way this series finale felt like an epilogue rather than a backdoor pilot to a Batman series that may not happen. I wonder if the Batman 66 series has survived the Disney/ Fox merger.

Overall disappointing for me unfortunately

The suit still look cheap as hell from that leak a month ago
=
rEJphxI.jpg

That neck. So many wrinkles!

The cheap mask looks like someone stepped on it and then tried to get it back into shape. Badly

The suit still look cheap as hell from that leak a month ago
rEJphxI.jpg

That neck. So many wrinkles!

The cheap mask looks like someone stepped on it and then tried to get it back into shape. Badly
I'm looking at a screen capture of the suit from the final shot on TV and it doesn't look that bad... They even removed the wrinkles in the neck area.

I personally liked it, that being said I didn't get my expectation that we would see alot of Batman in it

This was an embarassingly underwhelming finale and reminded me of the Smallville finale, which was just as underwhelming but at least the Smallville finale had some better fan service moments. Also the Bat-suit was laughably cheap and uninspired design was. Wow just wow. Waiting years to see Batman in action and all we got were some Batarangs tossed and some smoke bombs. They couldn't even be bothered to actually have Batman in a fight scene. The 1966 Batman series had more Batman fight scenes. The George Clooney Batman had more Batman fight scenes. It was so mediocre it would have been completely inconsequential if not for the cringeworthy exposition heavy dialogue and light extremely campy scenes interspersed throughout, it would have been wholly boring and not offering anything of any entertaining value to at least hold your interest, even if just to roll your eyes at how bad it all was. It was also stupid and extremely distracting that they recast Selina. What an exceedingly stupid decision. Also, and perhaps the saddest experience of my 34 year Batman fandom, was literally uncontrollably laughing at the intended to be epic and iconic full reveal of "Batman". That should not be anyone's reaction to seeing Batman. What a joke. That's not even mentioning the lackluster "confrontation" with Jeremiah "Joker" and Batman. Or the horrendously bad and completely innacurate look of the Joker. When those Joker finale pics leaked, I constantly saw people saying "that's not the final look of the Joker because there is a 10 year time jump " well nope this is it that monstrosity was the final Joker. What an all around all out embarrassment .

I thought it was a good finale overall. Just preordered the complete series on Amazon. Also like to point out that I was an on and off viewer.

I do think Smallville had the better finale.

That reveal was embarrassingly bad.. akin to Tom Welling’s crappy 16 bit CGI blur long shots of the superman suit.

Wowow that was crap. Like seriously after 5 years that is the best they can do? A crappy, horribly lit shot with poor shot composition and quick zoom in to try to make it look cool and then the reveal of this wrinkly folded up, blocky, unappealing and uselessly designed costume. The suit looks like it was made in a garage with a $15 budget. The actor doesn’t even look that menacing or built and the suit looked like a bloke from a high school halloween party. There are literally hundreds of cosplay costumes with overwhelmingly superior designs and looks.

Total and utter disappointment. I love the overacting from all of the cast as they ooohhd and aaahd and stared in shock and amazement of this unthreatening lumpy bumpy costume as a symbol of justice

That reveal was embarrassingly bad.. akin to Tom Welling’s crappy 16 bit CGI blur long shots of the superman suit.

Wowow that was crap. Like seriously after 5 years that is the best they can do? A crappy, horribly lit shot with poor shot composition and quick zoom in to try to make it look cool and then the reveal of this wrinkly folded up, blocky, unappealing and uselessly designed costume. The suit looks like it was made in a garage with a $15 budget. The actor doesn’t even look that menacing or built and the suit looked like a bloke from a high school halloween party. There are literally hundreds of cosplay costumes with overwhelmingly superior designs and looks.

Total and utter disappointment. I love the overacting from all of the cast as they ooohhd and aaahd and stared in shock and amazement of this unthreatening lumpy bumpy costume as a symbol of justice

To think that a regular fan can make a cosplay suit look like this.

134485-gadgets-news-this-is-the-best-batman-cosplay-suit-ever-and-it-was-3d-printed-to-boot-image2-QxskVN0dvY.jpg

And yet the producers, with the finances provided by a major studio can't make suit even half as good as the one above.

What was the point of David playing Bruce in this last episode? It was essentially a cameo.

To think that a regular fan can make a cosplay suit look like this.

134485-gadgets-news-this-is-the-best-batman-cosplay-suit-ever-and-it-was-3d-printed-to-boot-image2-QxskVN0dvY.jpg

And yet the producers, with the finances provided by a major studio can't make suit even half as good as the one above.

I've seen that cosplay pic and it's an awesome one.

Smallville was on CW and Gotham was on Fox. You'd think that Gotham would have a better budget to build a better suit.

After Smallville and Gotham, I have no interest in anymore prequel superhero shows. I want a show about the superhero icons, costume and all in full-glory action!!

I've seen that cosplay pic and it's an awesome one.

Smallville was on CW and Gotham was on Fox. You'd think that Gotham would have a better budget to build a better suit.

After Smallville and Gotham, I have no interest in anymore prequel superhero shows. I want a show about the superhero icons, costume and all in full-glory action!!
I don’t think you are going to see any more Superhero prequel shows.
At least, not for awhile.

After jumping off the ship a long time ago, I decided to watch the final two episodes tonight. That was a special level of hot garbage. You know it is all downhill once you see cops and criminals shooting at each other from 15 feet away with semi automatic weapons, and hitting nothing but air. Beyond having perhaps the worst version of every character, they show up with the worst batsuit ever crafted. Holy God. :funny:

Haha it wasn't her choice. Don't be silly. Her body never grew up (gary coleman syndrome) and the cgi involved to make her look like a plausible adult Catwoman wasn't worth it. The showrunners did what they had to do.

Very gracious of her to write that but unfortunate that she stopped growing 5 years ago.
And he totally filled out. A regular Thor or Captain America. :o

as someone who did enjoy Gotham for what it was, I am glad it's over.

the series finale further highlighted the show's overall flawed premise. By focusing so much on Gordon as the main character, and with the show taking place while Bruce was so young, it just diluted Bruce's story. At least Smallville focused on Clark - it was Clark's story and his journey.

And it ends right when things are about to get interesting - y'know, the part we really want to see. In fact, the ending is really how the show should have started.

Gotham's premise should have been based on Year One. You could have told the same basic story of Gordon being a fresh recruit to the GCPD and having to deal with corruption both within the force and within the city as he rises the ranks to Commissioner.

However, instead of Bruce as a kid, the show should have focused on the Bruce in this finale. A young man in his twenties who is just returning to Gotham after a long absence abroad where he trained his mind, body, and spirit.

So the show would have focused on the parallel journeys of Gordon as a rookie cop and Bruce as a budding crimefighter as they seek to fight the corruption in the city in their own ways. the show would have been far more interesting if they had taken that route, imo.

it's a shame it didn't happen that way. but the show is what it is.

and now it is done.

I liked the finale, didn't love it, but liked it.

- Liked where all the characters ended up.
- Very happy that Penguin and Nygma have reconciled their years of animosity, their dynamic was my favorite part of Gotham.
- The fact that Jim and Lee ended up together works for me.
- New Selina looked amazing, just wow.
- The Joker was pretty cool, the actor really embodies the role.
- Surprised that Barbara survived the series, would have thought for sure she'd be a goner.
- The last scene was pretty cool, it took 5 seasons, but The Dark Knight arrived.

I do think Smallville was the superior show, with a superior finale, but overall I really liked Gotham as a show, enjoyed the villains most of all. Penguin being my favorite. The good outweighed the bad, and I will miss it.

I thought it was just ok. For some reason, it didn't really feel like a finale.

I feel that it may have been because the season itself didn't feel like the show was ending. And then they jump ahead 10 years. Yeah, you're going to want the show to end in such a way that it's easy viewing for people who've never watched or those who dropped the show a while back. But, something just felt off. Certainly felt a little bit rushed.

I was not a fan of the Batsuit when the greenscreen pic leaked out. But, it looked better here with the city background. The older Bruce voice was good, but the Batman voice was "Eh..." for me.

Majorly disappointed that they just had Gordon with his mustache so briefly. Didn't even get the glasses with it.

I guess since people are comparing it to Smallville... I felt that finale worked better (in concept) since they had a full season and it was 2 episodes long. The use of Superman was worse than Batman here I think since Welling was basically that version of Superman for a while before the show ended. Him being an older actor where it's easier to imagine him in a suit added to lameness of it all. Couple that with him not ever wanting to wear the suit and the weird WB rules when it came to film and TV depictions of DC characters.

The show as a whole was laughable and complete garbage, but you guys were underwhelmed by the garbage suit and finale lol. I've only watched a handful of episodes including this one and I must say BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The 60s TV show was better than this crap fest.

Wow I don't know the costume matters that much to comicbook fans. For me it's just clothes.

As someone who has watches the show religiously for the past 3 years and quite enjoy season 5, I stopped caring that much for the finale after the leak revealed that Selina would be recast, so I don't have much strong feelings about this. Half of the reason I watched the show is because of David Mazouz after all.

Btw

Why are there mental six pack on the suit like that? That looks odd.

It wasn't even David in the suit. It was just his face CGI'd onto the other actor. They did a better job of this back in 94 with Brandon Lee in The Crow.

Thought it was a decent enough series finale and represented what the show was capable of at its best.

Tbh with a 43 minute runtime there's only so much that can be done but in spite of that I thought Selina, Penguin and Riddler got a great sign off. However others suffered - unfortunately Batman being the main casualty. They completely copped out with this by claiming Batman would be a prominent part of the episode - he was, but of course to do this they used the failsafe of having him hide in the shadows.

The Joker reveal was awful, really cheap way to go out on a character Cameron Monaghan has done brilliant work with.

It would have worked better as a 2/3 part series finale but I understand they were limited by what they were and weren't allowed to do; something that has unfortunately hamstrung this show for nigh on 6 years.

Pains me to think how bad this Pennyworth show will be.

I still believe WB has some sort of ruling over tv shows And how much there allowed to use batman in live action. This finale is further proof of that, Seeing batman in actual action is saved for the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"