Grand Theft Auto IV - Part 1

I would like the revisit Vice City (the locale, not the game). With a modern redesign. Hopefully do more than just a city, and expand to have some rural areas, and the everglades (maybe some islands) too.

Well, Liberty City is based on New York, which in real life, is extremely densely populated. LC is "small" by definition.

In San Andreas you were given a whole desert, and large rural areas to explore / fly over. Much more variety.

Sadly, San Andreas would never fit onto a PS3.

Vice City is the next logical step to take. Making it look more like Miami this time.

But I really want to see a new city. London for example. Hong Kong, after were cheated out of True Crime 3. Tokyo even.

I think the main reason I want to see Vice City agian is just the overall feeling of the place. There's so much potential for the city now.

Vice City is the next logical step to take. Making it look more like Miami this time.

But I really want to see a new city. London for example. Hong Kong, after were cheated out of True Crime 3. Tokyo even.

Id kill for London or Tokyo. Those 2 places would be sick.

Id like to play as a triad member in tokyo with the character being able to do a bunch of kick ass kung fu moves. It would deff spice up the combat in GTA.

There's very little crime in Tokyo, and the roads are extremely narrow.

Also, the Triads and Kung Fu are Chinese, not Japanese.

There's very little crime in Tokyo, and the roads are extremely narrow.

Also, the Triads and Kung Fu are Chinese, not Japanese.

Ah who the f**k cares. All that 'ping pang pong' stuff, same difference.

Tokyo and Kung Fu. Thats GTA.

What do you mean it wouldnt fit on a PS3 (which is more powerful than a PS2)? If Rockstar can create maps as big as LA Noire's and and Red Dead Redemption, I dont see why an area comparable to San Andreas is out of the question

Last edited:
What do you mean it wouldnt fit on a PS3 (which is more powerful than a PS2)?. If Rockstar can create mapes as big as LA Noire's and and Red Dead Redemption, I dont see why an area comparable to San Andreas is out of the question

And especially if there isnt anything populating the areas, like in SA, it would easily fit with this generation of consoles.

Eh, like Fallout, for me a great deal of the appeal and atmosphere of GTA comes from the parody of American culture and consumerism. If you try to set it in another country, I think you would lose a lot of that atmosphere.

Maybe an unlockable 80's suit? :hehe:
In GTAIV, it was possible to unlock Claude's outfit from GTAIII, so if we end up playing in Vice City, it would be nice to have a wink at Tommy Vercetti's wardrobe.

Eh, like Fallout, for me a great deal of the appeal and atmosphere of GTA comes from the parody of American culture and consumerism. If you try to set it in another country, I think you would lose a lot of that atmosphere.

What else is there to parody tho? They hit everything in GTA IV. I think its time to parody something else.

They could always just focus on one SA city. Like say, Los Santos.

I think thats the rumor right now.

Altho, i hate LA so i really wouldnt care to go back there. I think Vice City would be my ideal locale.

They could always just focus on one SA city. Like say, Los Santos.
The appeal and distinguishing factor of the SA map was that it was an actual county, not single city like the previous titles. I think if they are going to do another game like this (and it doesnt even have to be San Andreas) it should also be a county with multiple cities

yeah but we are all forgetting the funnest parts of GTA San Andreas....working out and getting buff...and working on your running speed...your hunger...actually having to look out for your character or he'd get fat...getting haircuts...several...i mean SEVERAL clothing options...controlling parts of cities...things that made me play GTA SA for a whole year just because it was electric and exciting...bicycles...planes...garages to store cars...an awesome main character (imo)
there was so much to do...no matter how bad the graphics are now...thats the best gta to date...it had one of the biggest maps ever and so much to explore...
do a game similar to that and add more buildings to walk into instead of just food places...like la noire where you can walk into a lot of places keep the cell phone idea from IV...and you have a near perfect game.

I thought Vice City was the best. SA felt pretty bloated. I didn't really like any of the characters either.
I agree about the nonesense the fellows were talking about before about the Grand Theft Auto 4 man. When you come to teh big moral choice of killing a fellow to make you feel emotionally better, it's kinda hard to take it serously as a big dramatic moment when you have outright terrorized a city and killed more people than he probably ever did.

GTA IV is my favorite, but I would love to have multiple cities like with SA.

I think you mean hispanic character. The last DLC, Ballad of Gay Tony didnt have a black protagonist.

Yeah Luis Lopez was definitely not black, and it may be the repressed Hispanic in me, but I really liked BoGT more because the environment felt very real at times, especially with how Cerveza Heights reminded me a lot of Washington Heights, which is a predominantly Hispanic section of Upper Manhattan.

Yeah that was clearly a parody of Washington Heights as other sections of LC were meant to represent the other boroughs of NYC. I also thought BoGT was the best. I loved the music and aesthetics of the presentations. I liked that it didnt feel as dark as the 2 previous tales that came before it. It was much more light hearted in its approach while still dealing with some serious stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"