• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

great-grandmother tagged for selling goldfish

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
Great-grandmother Joan Higgins and her son, Mark, admitted selling the animal to a 14-year-old boy – an offence as he was not with an adult.

Speaking yesterday after the hearing, Mr Higgins, 47, said: ‘I think it’s a farce and legal lunacy and I told the council that. What gets me so cross is they put my mum on a tag – she’s nearly 70, for goodness sake.

‘Once it’s fitted, she’ll be on a curfew from 7pm to 7am until June.

‘She won’t be able to go out with her sister to bingo and she’s been bought tickets to see Rod Stewart so she won’t be able to go to that.

‘She’s a great-grandmother but she won’t be able to baby-sit her newborn great-grandson, all because of this tag.’

The shop, Major’s Pets in Sale, Greater Manchester, was investigated after a complaint that it sold a gerbil to a teenager with learning disabilities, who put the animal in a cup of coffee and killed it.

During the operation, an animal welfare officer noticed a cockatiel in the store, with a broken leg and eye problems, which later had to be put down.

At Trafford Magistrates’ Court, the pair admitted causing unnecessary suffering to the bird and selling an animal to a person under 16 unaccompanied by an adult.

Mrs Higgins was fined £1,000 and her son was ordered to pay £750.

Mrs Higgins said the cockatiel was not for sale but had not been quarantined as it should have been.

Iain Veitch, head of public protection at Trafford Council, said: ‘Let this conviction send out a message that we will not tolerate those who cause
unnecessary suffering to animals.’

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/819836-...er-tagged-for-selling-goldfish-to-14-year-old

Finally the good people of the world can know their cities don't belong to the evil people or the corrupt like this grandmother.

Throw the book at her! She's clearly the next Doctor Doom!

EDIT: Actually upon actually reading the article, I think they were right. She shouldn't have sold the fish and she certainly shouldn't have had that parrot.

Last edited:
I'll never be able to understand the idea that old people are somehow immune to the law because they are old or how people think that because a law is stupid they won't be punished for it...

Now if they could institute something like this for selling Smallville DVDs :awesome:

Don't they have better things to be paying attention to?

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vuW6tQ0218&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vuW6tQ0218&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"