Greatest CBM Trilogy?

Lily Adler

Administrator
Reaction score
Discuss what you consider is the greatest CBM trilogy.

The Dark Knight Trilogy, followed by the Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy. It may be a copout but I don't count any of the individual MCU trilogies like Iron Man, Cap or Spider-Man as true trilogies since their arcs continue (or end in the case of the first two) in other films. Even if they did function as more standalone trilogies, I still don't think I'd rank any of them above the Nolan movies, but the Cap trilogy comes pretty close.

I'd say Cap... but, with it being a question of what you even consider a "trilogy"? the only reason I'd say this isn't a prefect trilogy is that it isn't 3 consecutive stand alone films (in terms of being able to watch them on their own back to back) like from the POV of future generations discovering these films for the first time, you couldn't just show them these 3 movies and have them make since together

but, in strictly in terms of the what hero had 3 solid good movies, Yes

with the MCU Spider-man being a close second (but, with the same continue issues) as they were 3 good movies that I {personally} enjoyed (but, there not direct sequels to each other)

in almost any other heroes franchise (that have made it to 3 or more films) their were at least one movie of set that just weren't that great {IMO}

The Cap Trilogy is pretty solid too.

I'm not wild about the Law and Order Chicago Trilogy outside of Heath Ledger's performance.

My vote goes to the Nolan trilogy. Overall, a very solid and well written/directed beginning, middle and end for Batman.

If SM3 was a better movie, that would’ve gotten my vote, but it’s a close second.

The Cap Trilogy is pretty solid too.

I'm not wild about the Law and Order Chicago Trilogy outside of Heath Ledger's performance.

I’ve never heard it described like that but that’s so true LOL.

The Dark Knight trilogy by far. I love all three films and consider them to be pretty much above anything else in the genre. Then Raimi's Spider-Man and then the X-Men trilogy. Both have disappointing third entries but I love the first two and they certainly are amongst the most influential.

if were counting movies out of sequence (from bigger franchises) as a "Trilogy"

I might even say there is at least 3 (or more) good movies out of the X-men series that you could call a "X-men Trilogy" (if your making your own, chopping order, on what movies to ignore or what order to watch them in) or even a solid 3, Wolverine, movies (even if their not all his "Solo" movies in name) but, ones that he's featured in as a main lead

does, XO:W, The Wolverine, Logan make for a prefect trilogy? No!!!
but, The Wolverine, DOFP, and Logan, comes pretty close

My vote goes to the Nolan trilogy. Overall, a very solid and well written/directed beginning, middle and end for Batman.

If SM3 was a better movie, that would’ve gotten my vote, but it’s a close second.
now, if we could just ignore 3 and call NWH the third then we might have something

You know that Nolan's Batman is the obvious answer for best (apologies to those who don't like Rises, it's awesome).

Next I'll include a pair of MCU trilogies, without dipping into the hot water of whether they should or shouldn't count as such:
Captain America trilogy is second best

Spider-Man trilogy (Raimi)

Iron Man trilogy (IM3 is my favorite of this bunch)

Iron Man is taken down so many notches for how bad IM2 is, same with Thor and TDW. Ragnarok made me like the Thor series again and had TDW not happened, it would have been up there. SM3 could have done without Venom or at the very least just use the symbiote and that's it.

TDK Trilogy still reigns supreme.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If The First Avenger doesn't disqualify Captain America from having a great trilogy than neither does The Dark Knight Rises disqualify Batman.

Its a shame they didn't continue with the red skull in the cap trilogy I really enjoyed the first avenger and Hugo's performance my vote still goes to Captain Rodgers

The dark knight rises imo falls apart in the 3rd act if not that would be #1 in my book

9.5/10: Spider-Man: No Way Home
9/10: The Dark Knight, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man
8.5/10: X2: X-Men United, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Thor: Ragnarok
8/10: Blade, Spider-Man: Homecoming, X-Men
7.5/10: Spider-Man, Blade II, Man of Steel, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor
7/10: Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition, Iron Man 2
6/10: X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider-Man 3
4.5/10: Blade: Trinity

The Dark Knight Trilogy: 27/30
MCU Spider-Man Trilogy: 26/30
Captain America Trilogy: 25/30
Zack Snyder's Trilogy: 23.5/30
Iron Man Trilogy: 23/30
Thor Trilogy: 23/30
X-Men Trilogy: 22.5/30
Sam Raimi Trilogy: 22/30
Blade Trilogy: 20/30

I hesitated to vote for it since it is not a trilogy, but the 3 Zack Snyder movies are so far above the rest in terms cinematic quality, cohesiveness, and universe building that it’s not even close. Had to vote for it!

anigif_enhanced-1889-1641464808-26.gif

I sincerely thought it was sarcasm, for a moment. I mean talking about coherence for the Snyder "trilogy".

The first entry started as a stand-alone film, with no connections to any other DC characters or events and instead of making a sequel, WB and Snyder made a crossover by shoehorning a whole universe out of nowhere, had the script rewritten by another writer, while rushing the other Justice League members' appearances. They made a third movie and after filming was done, they brought another director to remake half of it with a completely different tone and style. After it crushed and burned they then gave the original director free reigns to release a non-cinematic four-hour cut of what was originally shot, in which he put stuff they'd never allow him to use in other circumstances and had a build-up for something that was never going to happen. With that knowledge the director and studio thought it was a great idea to have reshoots that took place for the sole purpose of throwing even more cliffhangers that will never be resolved.

That kind of sums it up, I think.

I sincerely thought it was sarcasm, for a moment. I mean talking about coherence for the Snyder "trilogy".

The first entry started as a stand-alone film, with no connections to any other DC characters or events and instead of making a sequel, WB and Snyder made a crossover by shoehorning a whole universe out of nowhere, had the script rewritten by another writer, while rushing the other Justice League members' appearances. They made a third movie and after filming was done, they brought another director to remake half of it with a completely different tone and style. After it crushed and burned they then gave the original director free reigns to release a non-cinematic four-hour cut of what was originally shot, in which he put stuff they'd never allow him to use in other circumstances and had a build-up for something that was never going to happen. With that knowledge the director and studio thought it was a great idea to have reshoots that took place for the sole purpose of throwing even more cliffhangers that will never be resolved.

That kind of sums it up, I think.

Nailed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"