• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Green Lantern corps TV series

Antonello Blueberry

Inglorious bastard
Reaction score
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/tlg/250738044.html

ASTING CALL- Series "The Corps"

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-12-18, 1:25PM PST

We are currently casting for a series pilot called "The Corps". San Diego Auditions will be held on Wednesday, December 20th for the following roles:

John Stewart- (african american male, age 24-27). A SGT in the Marine Corps and just coming back from a trying tour in Iraq. Lead role.

Katma Tui- (asian or caucasian female, 25-30). A very attractive and sexy, yet militant operative and lead trainer in The Corps. Must be athletic. Lead role.

Addie Stewart- (african american female, 45-50's). John's mother who is dying of cancer. supporting role.

Hal Jordan- (caucasian male, 27-35). Former Air force pilot who is injured in a battle with an unknown evil, while on his way to recruit John Stewart. Reoccurring role.

Tyler- (any ethnicity male, 24-27). Serial killer, works as a hired gun for a local crime boss.

Erin Towers- (any ethnicity male, 24-27). Former Marine, John's friend from boot camp.

This casting is for NON-UNION talent only. Auditions will begin promptly at 3:00 pm.
Email headshot and resumes complete with measurements and contact information ASAP to: [email protected] to receive location and reserve your time slot.

• It's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

holy crap?! are they serious? I dont know what to make of this. Honestly, i'd much, much rather them do a film, but I guess a TV show could work. Maybe they could do this, then later do a series of films showing Hal's origin (since he sounds like he's already a GL here)

Wow...

So much potential... yet such a deadly dance with death. This could be pretty cool, or pretty bad... more information is quite necessary. I am ecstatic that they chose to center on John Stewart, but not so much on the Marine Corps.

Here's to some more powerful villains than serial killer assassains...

Also, no Kilowog on there? How could these poozers leave out Kilowog?

I did notice that... but you don't put out ads for fan-films... usually because you can't pay them, you get your friends and associates and stuff. Furthermore, you can't really do a "fan TV series"...

I feel you on the non-union thing, that stood out to me too, but it really couldn't be a fanfilm on any level... other than Reality TV, is there anything else we know that uses non-union talent?

lets have a look ... its the DCAU John.. its a yahoo email and non-union only.....
yep .. fan boy with a videocamera

Kebab gud said:
lets have a look ... its the DCAU John.. its a yahoo email and non-union only.....
Yes, but can they do a worse job than the Justile League TV pilot?
Probably not.

the problem with Green lantern in live action is the campy"ness" of the powers
The only way to make a good live action Green Lantern is to make the ring and powers a bit more limited..

This ! will never work in live action...
jla21.jpg

But i will work if they only make it a "gun" and make it have the ability to create basic shapes..

Kebab gud said:

It's clear it's a startup company or studio, and perhaps they aren't even going to pitch it to a network but do webisodes, but honestly, what fan TV series have you ever heard of in your entire life? Seriously.

Furthermore, why is a fanboy with a camera using craiglist.com instead of a forum like all the other fanboys with cameras do? What kind of fanboy specifies 'non union' talent as though union talent might accidentally apply?

Get real, dude. It's obviously not a major studio, but it's not a fanboy with a camera either... there are things between that, you know.

If they are going with Katma, it'd be best to go with an asian chick, as that's what her character design is based on. If this gets placed on sci-fi or CW, very interesting indeed.

this chould go 2 ways.... all i say is... Birds of Prey or Smallville...

I hope for that matter that this takes the Smallville route because I love the Green Lantern hence the user name...but I thought a movie would have been better than a tv series, but hey its got the lantern in it so I will take it I guess...

When I was told about this I feared a "Lanternville" situation, but... that sounds quite good. Very interesting...

Personally, I'd love a live action Superhero TV show that wasn't afraid to be what it is. I want a tv show with colorful costumes and wacky codenames. I want the equivalent of most superhero cartoon shows, only not a cartoon. Of course, this would never happen due to budgetary reasons, so we're left with a Superman show where he never flies, even though he knows he should be able to.

On the other hand, I really dont know if i like the idea of the Green Lantern Corps being the one to do it with. I really, really would like an epic Green Lantern film starring Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan. This would probably stop that from happening, not to mention make John Stewart even more familiar to the public as the Green Lantern.

Katsuro said:
Personally, I'd love a live action Superhero TV show that wasn't afraid to be what it is. I want a tv show with colorful costumes and wacky codenames. I want the equivalent of most superhero cartoon shows, only not a cartoon. Of course, this would never happen due to budgetary reasons, so we're left with a Superman show where he never flies, even though he knows he should be able to.

On the other hand, I really dont know if i like the idea of the Green Lantern Corps being the one to do it with. I really, really would like an epic Green Lantern film starring Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan. This would probably stop that from happening, not to mention make John Stewart even more familiar to the public as the Green Lantern.

And Dear Lord, we would HATE for that to happen, wouldn't we? [lol]

Incidentally, flight is not excluded from Smallville for purely budgetary reasons... if Lois and Clark can afford it, Smallville certainly can. It's a concept thing... it helps ensure the show is NOT about Superman.

Also, I think wacky Codenames are for franchises like 'The Tick' and "Who Wants to Be a Superhero." That wacky codenames prohibit a show from being truly and gravely serious.

That said, it's obviously a Lanternville situation... DCUA John with Comic John's origin? Erin Towers? Yeah... for those who can't comprehend the concept of TV shows basically being 'elseworlds,' then they'll have the same style of *****ing Smallville had in the beginning (assuming this show gets picked up and doesn't just become a CW denied pilot). It's obvious that John won't be moving planets and moons like he does in comics, though, to be fairer than any critic, John wasn't doing that at the beginning of his career anyway.

That said, I would love to see this show on The Sci-Fi channel... to say it's not right for CW is unnecessary, the casting sheet speaks for itself.

I hope it will be on The CW. It will be nice if it isnt spun off from Smallville right off the bat, but if there was a possibility of a crossover it would be awesome.

I would love this, IF its true...

It doesn't even look like a GL thing to me (except for the names).

Kebab gud said:
the problem with Green lantern in live action is the campy"ness" of the powers
The only way to make a good live action Green Lantern is to make the ring and powers a bit more limited..

This ! will never work in live action...
jla21.jpg

But i will work if they only make it a "gun" and make it have the ability to create basic shapes..

NO way!!!!!!!!!! It has to be made with the same powers as the comics.

Email to lightofoa:

Hello,

I am contacting you on behalf of Superherohype forums. We saw your call for auditions on craigslist and were just curious as to the nature of your production. Theories range from fan-film production to start-up company to studio backed tv series. Could you give us a bit more info on the level of production you are undertaking?

Thanks

Email from the director/producer:

Hello,

Your email was forward to me by a member on our crew.
I realize there are questions floating around about the concept, characters and type of project "The Corps" is to be.

To answer a few for you:

1) We are filming a pilot episode of a series. We (myself and our producers) are discussing networks to market the pilot to. We are also discussing the possibility of keeping the show as a fan-based series.

2) To clarify, fan-based does not mean we are sacrificing quality in anyway. A lot of work is being put in to the project to ensure respect of the characters and to make the project like anything else you would watch on television.

3) Who casts actors for a fan film?- we do. The actors in our production will be compensated as well as promoted, a reason why we made the choice to go with non-union talent.

If you have other questions that we are able to discuss and answer for you, don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].
We also may be able to set up a time for a live chat with the forum.

Thank you for your interest,

Lloyd Smith
Director
LloydSmith Productions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"