Green Lantern: Sector 2814 TV Series

GL1

It's pronounced "glee"
Reaction score
Do you know what I would love to see as a companion piece to Hal's movie series?

179039-john-stewart_400-a366.jpg

I would love John to be the star of a TV series. It would make me very, very, very happy. I imagine it as a sort of sci-fi space cop procedural with John as the genius who's two steps ahead of the supporting cast, but has his personal issues to deal with, like "House" or Crews from "Life." I decided to cast younger, since this is the beginning. If Hal is young, so is John. Also, these are TV stars, not movie stars. Because this is TV.

Cast
John Stewart GL: Lee Thompson Young
- Main character, very intelligent, lots of bad memories, analytical genius
Kilowogg GL (hellboy suit): Ving Rhames
- Jolly giant with a drill sergeant persona or recruits. Extremely resilient.
Katma Tui GL: Linda Park
- Very talented GL, a bit of an overachiever, love interest, very resourceful.
Tawny Young: Jessica Lucas
- Ambitious and fiesty reporter serves as the second love interest in the triangle
Carol Ferris: (same as movie, ie Jennifer Connely/Biel/Garner/whoever)
- John's boss serves as a grounding point of authority and mundane challenge
Guy Gardener:
- Runs a bar, comic relief, but in a Lewis Black way, occurs after his head-bump, and he is currently not a GL.
Alan Scott:
- Retired GL, acts a mentor, but pretends to be less alert than he is
Jeremiah Clutcher: Brent Spiner
- Speaker, Politician and activist with a great deal of hatred for GL, John especially
G'Riot, local gangster: Jamie Hector
- Leader of local gangs is first an enemy, then an informant, and later an inspiriation
Ganthet: Verne Troyer
- The most outspoken of the Guardians

Main Sets/Settings
John's Apartment
Oan Training Grounds
Oan Guardian Chamber
Streets of New York
Streets of Coast City
Random Alien planet of the week

Main Villains/Plots
Season 1: Training - the Manhunters
John meets Kilowogg after a cameo from star of GL movie franchise. Begins the second phase of his training as audience is introduce to the world of GL. They deal with an uprising on a distant planet as part of their training, and of the new class and trainer, only John figures out the true problem. From there, John enters the third stage of his training with Katma, which lasts the season as they are called to deal with issues other GLs can't figure out. The space cases provide thematic and conceptual framework for the drama that unfolds back home with John's friends and family. He is regularly described as a man caught between two (or three) lives.

Throughout the season, a plot involving the return of the Manhunters builds, until they attempt to overtake Oa and John and the GLs he's met, are the ones equipped to stop them, and they do.

Season 2: GL of Earth - Red Gauntlet
John finds himself dealing with common low level GL villains freaks of the week on earth, often ones that tie into his backstory as a Marine, Architect, Black youth, boyfriend of a News reporter, or employee of Ferris Aircraft. He also finds a rival/compatriot in the Red Lantern Corps 2814 member, who has styled his ring into part of a red glove. This rage feuled madman focuses on destroying John's life in the early part of the season after John fails to help redeem him.

You'll likely see Replikon, The Crystal Warrior, Tattoo Man, Legion, Shark, Black Hand, Dr. Polaris, Starro the Conqueror, Sonar, Sonar II, Vandal Savage, and Major Force all given an episode or two as an arc.

Season 3: Master Builder - Krona and Old Timer

John gets pulled to Oa to deal with some major issues, while Hal and Guy take care of business on earth. John is chosen as GL rep to the Guardians, and wears their robes, sitting in their chamber, while Ganthet is chosen as his opposite, and gets an (unneeded) ring and is appointed as GL of Sector 0. Ostensibly, this is to make the GLs more effective, but John ends up helping to uncover a traitorous Guardian, which was the plan all along.

Naturally it turns out that Old Timer is in league with Krona, the original rogue Oan, and they have plans for not only Oa, but all of the Guardian circles, the controllers, the Zamarons, the Qwardians, all of them. The only two people in the Universe prepared to stop them are John and Ganthet.

That's all I have for now, but you get the idea, I'm sure. My silly ideas aside, would anyone else watch a John Stewart TV series? Obviously, they'd be scared to make one, since making TV shows coincide with film franchises gives movie execs goosebumps, but would you watch a GL series with John, even if it had to stay away from 'the big' villains like Hector Hammond, Sinestro and Star Sapphire?

Last edited:
And looks like you're using all the good villains in the show. What's left for the movies? Sinestro only?

Rather see an animated series outside of movie continuity

Why? Havent they already stated that the upcoming animated DTV is a back door pilot to test the market.

No. The DVT is exactly what it is: An animated movie of Green Lantern.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaeah....I'm going to have to go ahead and say noooooooo.......that idea just doesn't work for me......and also, I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday.......that'd be greaaaat.

Honestly, I think a show ala Stargate SG1 would work better, with all the different Lanterns, even some of the more alien ones.

A show focused on the alien Lanterns (Vath Sarn and Isamot Kol being the leads) could work.

Hard to happen.

Worked with Star Trek. The key is getting it on a syndicated station. That way there wouldn't be that much pressure to show good ratings. The ratings would only need to be good enough to caputure a more localized market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"