The Official Green Lantern Thread

Odekhan, watch yourself. I don't like your attitude.

yeah but who has been reading comics since the golden age? no offense, but old people. WB wants a younger audience and that audience knows John Stewart not Hal, Guy, or Alan. Maybe Kyle

WB wants money. Bottom line. 40million young people with money doesn't equal 800 million people with money.

You kids sure are full of yourself.

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Odekhan, i'm resisting to said the real ignorant speech here.

I Don't agreed with you. The end. Stop trying to have the last word. I'm only saying Stewart is who they know, Stewart is who they keep.

Holy horrifying grammar, Batman!

Odekhan, watch yourself. I don't like your attitude.

I'm choosing my words carefully, and my "attitude" is nothing more than my personality, opinions, and how I communicate in order to get my point across.

Not all people are the same and not all people communicate on the same level. If people want to get offended at what I say then that is their choice that they make allowing my opinions to upset them.

I'm not going to sweeten up how I say things to appease you or anyone else. You want to ban me? Fine, but your injection into this conversation does little more than show your apparent need to flex your e-peen.

Either attribute something worthwhile and issue related to the topic, or go "police" some other thread.

Odekhan, you should think before you bash peoples grammatics.

You know why?

Por que eu sou brasileiro. Inglês não é minha lingua natural e tudo que eu falo aqui, eu aprendi em filmes. E Você?

WB wants money. Bottom line. 40million young people with money doesn't equal 800 million people with money.

:huh: i dont even know what to say to this, its ridiculous. WB's main audience is not going to be older, its going to be younger because they want kids/teens to get more interested into comics to get more money. and bottom line is kids/teens know john not hal. and teens/kids HAVE money know-a-days, they go to the movies more often than adults

I'm choosing my words carefully, and my "attitude" is nothing more than my personality, opinions, and how I communicate in order to get my point across.

Not all people are the same and not all people communicate on the same level. If people want to get offended at what I say then that is their choice that they make allowing my opinions to upset them.

I'm not going to sweeten up how I say things to appease you or anyone else. You want to ban me? Fine, but your injection into this conversation does little more than show your apparent need to flex your e-peen.

Either attribute something worthwhile and issue related to the topic, or go "police" some other thread.

You're bypassing the censors and spouting off racist points of view. My injection into this conversation shows that you now have an infraction.

Your bypassing the censors and spouting off racist points of view. My injection into this conversation shows that you now have an infraction.

Sorry to override you Show....but he needs time off for his racist remarks, and his attitude towards being told to stop the racist remarks....so he's got some time off.

WB does want money, that is always the bottom line. Those 40 million kids get their parents and friends to go to the movies. Why do you think Spiderman, Harry Potter, Shriek, etc. have been huge hits at the boxoffice?

I personally don't have a problem with John Stewart being GL. The point is that a GL is in this movie. As you stated WB is all about money. So it helps if you add some demographics to it. And I think Common is a pretty good choice...

Yeah. And we're getting a individual Hal Jordan movie.

Everyone gets Happy.

So, that John Stewart guy...can't wait to see him on the big screen!

If anything, I'd like to see a film that focused on all of the Earth GLs but if this GL is the same from JLU I'm peachy with it.

It is the same.

And a GL corps movie would be so awesome! Maybe in a near future.

And for all we know in the new script or even in the pre delay script john could have mentioned he isnt the first earth gl and there has been others and they are currently not on earth.

I like John, I just wish they were using Hal Jordan cuz he's my fave.

Of course, as long as they gaurantee that Hal Jordan gets to be the GL in the solo GL movie, than I won't be so pissed that they're using him in the JLA film.

I also think that Common will be a great Stewart, he reminds me of the JLU style Stewart.

Oh goody, so we do get JLU John? Sweetness!!

To be honest I'd like to see Alan Scott--even with the cheesy costume--used but make him older then the others (heck, go with the Kingdom Come version).

Sig worthy! That being said, you're kind of a prick (just like Protocida) but I agree with you. Hal is the definitive GL. Screw being PC. Stewart is not the only black hero.

Prick? Comming from you, it's laugable to read this.

Overall, back to GL, John Stewart fits better with the League, but after Hal's movie in 2010, they can incorporat the lead that Hal and John use. For a period of time, John stays on Earth and Hal protects other planets. Then, they switch.

Considering John has no story what so ever, he'll prolly be a better fit with the JLA movie. Not enough time to flesh out his story.

I'm just glad I'll get a Hal solo movie.

John don't have history? And Hal does? Come on, this is starting to get pathetic. They are all equaly good.

John has zero backstory.

He was a marine. He was an engineer. Hal gave him the ring.

That's it!

Hal has a rich history.

Emerald Dawn
Emerald Twilight
Rebirth

Oh and I forgot his history with Green Arrow and his family.

Stop being a John apologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"