DC Universe Animated Green Lantern Movie Thread

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"

Welcome to the Animated GREEN LANTERN movie thread!!!
98066greenlantern400wt3.jpg

According to the back cover of the upcoming Wonder Woman DVD...Green Lantern IS next to have an animated movie!!
45097212cx9.jpg

Which Green Lantern will it be?

Hal Jordan
halxo6.jpg

John Stewart
johnxp5.jpg

Kyle Rayner
kylezo0.jpg

Guy Gardner
guylk1.jpg

Which supporting characters will pop up?
Who is the main villain in the story?
Will it be an origin story?
Who will voice GL?
When will it be out on DVD?
What will the animation style be like?

All these questions and many more will be answered in the coming months.

Last edited:
I'd love it if the film was an adaptation of Sinestro Corps War.

I kinda hope its not an origin story if the live-action movie is going to be an origin story too. That would just be a waste.

Hal Jordan: Adam Baldwin
John Stewart: Phil LaMarr
Kyle Rayner: Will Friedle
who were the JLU voices albeit Kyle and Hal were very brief they all fit very well

and for Guy Gardner I always wanted Thomas F. Wilson to voice him.

Marvel released the animated Iron Man movie as an origin story and they still went on to do an origin story for the live-action version. It could happen.

Not that it matters, but Adam Baldwin did the voice of Superman in Superman: Doomsday. I doubt they would re-use such a high profile talent so quickly.

What about Ryan Gosling? I really can't see him in a live-action version, but maybe those rumors many months ago were based on his voice talents for the animated movie.

Last edited:
Here are some animation of Hal Jordan as Green Lantern over the decades...

SuperFriends
GreenLanternDraw.gif

Duck Dodgers
glduckdodgersez9.jpg

Justice League Unlimited
gljluxf4.jpg

The Batman
thebatkf2.jpg

Justice League: New Frontier
gljlnfbg2.jpg

Last edited:
The Wonder Woman DVD comes out on March 3, 2009 which is earlier than the release of Black Freighter (one week later).

Here are some animation of Hal Jordan as Green Lantern over the decades...

You left out Batman: The Brave and The Bold:

05.jpg

06.jpg

And the DVD is about Hal Jordan. If you watch the behind the scenes online Brave and the Bold featurette you'll see there's a poster of the animated movie hanging beside a computer, and it's a pic of Hal Jordan. :D

Hal FTW!!

Guy Gardner is awesome on Batman: The Brave and The Bold, which is an AWESOME show BTW, the best thing since JLU, I'd say it even exceeds it in some ways for sure. :)

Last edited:
You left out Batman: The Brave and The Bold:

And the DVD is about Hal Jordan. If you watch the behind the scenes online Brave and the Bold featurette you'll see there's a poster of the animated movie hanging beside a computer, and it's a pic of Hal Jordan. :D

Hal FTW!!

Guy Gardner is awesome on Batman: The Brave and The Bold, which is an AWESOME show BTW, the best thing since JLU, I'd say it even exceeds it in some ways for sure. :)

Where did you see the Brave and The Bold featurette?

I can't wait for this animated movie.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we get the animated movie then the live action.

Last edited:
Where did you see the Brave and The Bold featurette?

http://dcherozone.kidswb.com/braveandthebold/

It's in the behind the scenes section in one of the videos. :)

I can't wait for this animated movie.

Same here! :D

Wouldn't it be awesome if we get the animated movie then the live action.

Yes! Hell yes! And how awesome would it be if there were a GL movie trailer on the animated GL DVD? (altho it seems impossible at this point)

personally i like jl/jlu over brave and the bold, its a decent show though still aimed more for the younger kids and more happy and flashier.

Marvel released the animated Iron Man movie as an origin story and they still went on to do an origin story for the live-action version. It could happen.

didnt say it couldnt happen. said i hope they dont

Not that it matters, but Adam Baldwin did the voice of Superman in Superman: Doomsday. I doubt they would re-use such a high profile talent so quickly.

Adam Baldwin has voiced characters in Superman Doomsday, JLU, Static Shock, and The Zeta Project, all under DC's cartoon productions I believe. I dont think they are scared of reusin him.

What about Ryan Gosling? I really can't see him in a live-action version, but maybe those rumors many months ago were based on his voice talents for the animated movie.

I find it very doubtful.

I can't wait for this. Can someone please tell me where I can find pics of Hal Jordan's Origin from the Superfriends episode "Secret Origins of the Superfriends".

I want it to be a GL corps movie, not just one.

I took a blurry photo of the Green Lantern poster that is shown in the "Batman: Brave and the Bold" behind the scenes feature.

That does look like Hal Jordan!!

glanimdg7.jpg

hope its not the brave and the bold animation. I want something more distinct

No it should'nt I want all the GL's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"