DC Universe Animated Green Lantern Movie Thread

Someone on the World's Finest said they thought this could be a sort of backdoor pilot for a GL animated series, which would make sense for them to have this be an origin story.

An animated series running alongside the movie sounds an awful lot like WB's MO too

An animated series running alongside the movie sounds an awful lot like WB's MO too

Yeah cause WB is totally the only studio that does stuff like that...

X-Men Origins: Wolverine...... Wolverine and the X-Men
Iron Man........ Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Thor movie.......... Thor: The Animated Series (title is unknown right now)
The Avengers movie............. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

WB aint the only ones.

Plus, a GL animated series would be ****in awesome! :cmad:

I didnt say they were. I'm just most familiar with WB's stuff... At ease, soldier.

We are in dire need of a Green Lantern animated series, so if this is a backdoor pilot, that's fine by me.

It would be cool to get a Flash solo next then an MM one after that.

It would be cool to get a Flash solo next then an MM one after that.
Like I said earlier, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies has been confirmed as the next release after Green Lantern: First Flight, and a Batman release is reportedly in pre-production for release after that. The Flash is said to be one of the characters in development to get a DTV at some stage.

The movie will be called "Green Lantern: First Flight", and will focus on Hal Jordan's origin. New pics of the movie and the DVD cover will be released in the following days.

I say we should do this:
We're already getting GL and Wondy DTV's, so next I say we do Flash, then after that, Aquaman, and then MM. Then we get a huge JLA DTV!

I say we should do this:
We're already getting GL and Wondy DTV's, so next I say we do Flash, then after that, Aquaman, and then MM. Then we get a huge JLA DTV!

Thats a fantastic idea. And if Nathan Fillion really is too old for the live action movie well then let him have this... I've said it before, now i'll say it again... He IS Hal Jordan!

Like I said earlier, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies has been confirmed as the next release after Green Lantern: First Flight, and a Batman release is reportedly in pre-production for release after that. The Flash is said to be one of the characters in development to get a DTV at some stage.

Does the world honestly need more Batman?

I would actually like to see some other characters other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Maybe some Green Arrow, Flash (Barry Allen), etc; or how about that Teen Titans movie that they canned?

I would actually like to see some other characters other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Maybe some Green Arrow, Flash (Barry Allen), etc; or how about that Teen Titans movie that they canned?
From a sales point of view Batman and Superman are their best bets. They'll keep coming back to them after doing one or two releases of characters that are seen as being a bit riskier. Anyone who wants to see a greater range of characters featured in the DTVs with more frequency should buy Wonder Woman and Green Lantern: First Flight.

YES! :cmad:

I am fortunate enough to live in NYC and have access to stores that sell movies early. I just picked up the Wonder Woman DVD (which is simply an amazing movie!!!). Here is what we have all been waiting for:

* The Green Lantern sneak peak is a 10-minute very in depth first look at the character and his origin.

* At least 5-minutes is spent highlighting the comic history of Green Lantern's origin (initially talking about Alan Scott and then Hal Jordan), delving into (actual) space travel and then back to the Green Lantern Corps.

* Lauren Montgomery (director of Wonder Woman) is directing this movie. Currently the movie is titled simply 'GREEN LANTERN'.

* This movie is described as a 'cop thriller set in outer space'. As per Bruce Timm, 'very little time is spent on Earth. It's a big galactic adventure'.

The cast is as follows:

* Christopher Meloni is the voice of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

* Victor Garber is the voice of Sinestro

* Michael Madsen is Kilowog

* Tricia Helfer is Boodikka

Other Green Lantern corps members also show up!!!

It is scheduled for release SUMMER 2009

Last edited:
I am fortunate enough to live in NYC and has access to stores that sell movies early. I just picked up the Wonder Woman DVD (a simply amazing movie!!!). Here is some info we have all been waiting for:

* The Green Lantern sneak peak is a 10-minute very in depth first look at the character and his origin.

* At least 5-minutes is spent highlighting the comic history of Green Lantern's origin (initially talking about Alan Scott and then Hal Jordan), delving into (actual) space travel and then back to the Green Lantern Corps.

* Lauren Montgomery (director of Wonder Woman) is directing this movie. Currently the movie is titled simply 'GREEN LANTERN'.

* This movie is described as a 'cop thriller set in outer space'. As per Bruce Timm, 'very little time is spent on Earth. It's a big galactic adventure'.

The cast is as follows:

* Christopher Meloni is the voice of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

* Victor Garber is the voice of Sinestro

* Michael Madsen is Kilowog

* Tricia Helfer is Boodikka

Other Green Lantern corps members also show up!!!

It is scheduled for release SUMMER 2009

That sounds fan-freakin-tastic! Thanks for that, phoenixflight! Why didnt i think of Michael Madsen as Kilowog!? Perfect casting!
And where do i know the name Christopher Meloni?

Oh yeah! Law And Order guy! Would've preferred Fillion but yeah, thats a really good choice! The words "Cop thriller set in outer space" have me pretty excited as well.

Here is a visual reference for the cast...

Christopher Meloni voices GREEN LANTERN (Hal Jordan)
chrispi8.jpg

Victor Garber voices SINESTRO
victorfz9.jpg

Michael Madsen voices KILOWOG
michaelnn2.jpg

Tricia Helfer voices BOODIKKA
triciazx3.jpg

It sounds awesome! Thanks for the info, phoenixflight. :up:

Umm, what style of animation is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts