• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC Universe Animated Green Lantern Movie Thread

That first Sinestro sketch looks like namor almost.

Art design is cool

I just finished watching the Sneak Peak again. Some additional info on the animated feature…

Gregory Noveck (DC Comics’ Senior VP of Creative Affairs):
- The biggest challenge is to not repeat anything we have done before
- This Green Lantern movie is not based on any specific source material
- Sinestro is the first among equals…he is the greatest of the Green Lantern’s who decides to take Hal (the rookie) under his wing
- It’s a cop-thriller set in outer space
- The good news about this GL movie is that Hal is going to interact with a whole host of people…villains and good guys

Lauren Montgomery (Director):
- It’s a training day sort of story where the veteran (Sinestro) space cop meets the rookie (Hal) space cop, but because the veteran has been ‘around the block’ it may have skewed his perspective a bit

Bruce Timm (Producer):
- Sinestro is Hal’s Darth Vadar...his Dr. Doom
- Almost the entire length of the movie takes place in outer space
- It’s a big galactic adventure

Andrea Romano (Casting Director):
- Christopher Meloni and Victor Garber were able to work together in the same studio when filming so they can act off each other’s performances (which is rare - according to Garber - in voice acting)

Meloni (on his performance)
- When delivering his lines, he felt he had a tendency (chuckling) to stand with his chest out and to the side

Garber (on Meloni’s performance)
- He does exude the heroic quality that the Green Lantern would embody

Madsen (as Kilowog)
- He feels he is the Trainer for the Corps

Helfer (as Boodikka)
- She is very passionate, very strong and has a little bit of a fun side

Here is
GL's suit in the movie (again I apologize for the camera pics and the green tint - I think my TV is dying)
1000344lx2.jpg

1000343pq0.jpg

1000342py6.jpg

Last edited:
And, it kinda shows that the movie will have an armored GL as well.

I just finished watching the Sneak Peak again. Some additional info on the animated feature…

Gregory Noveck (DC Comics’ Senior VP of Creative Affairs):
- The biggest challenge is to not repeat anything we have done before
- This Green Lantern movie is not based on any specific source material
- Sinestro is the first among equals…he is the greatest of the Green Lantern’s who decides to take Hal (the rookie) under his wing
- It’s a cop-thriller set in outer space
- The good news about this GL movie is that Hal is going to interact with a whole host of people…villains and good guys

Lauren Montgomery (Director):
- It’s a training day sort of story where the veteran (Sinestro) space cop meets the rookie (Hal) space cop, but because the veteran has been ‘around the block’ it may have skewed his perspective a bit

Bruce Timm (Producer):
- Sinestro is Hal’s Darth Vadar...his Dr. Doom
- Almost the entire length of the movie takes place in outer space
- It’s a big galactic adventure

Andrea Romano (Casting Director):
- Christopher Meloni and Victor Garber were able to work together in the same studio when filming so they can act off each other’s performances (which is rare - according to Garber - in voice acting)

Meloni (on his performance)
- When delivering his lines, he felt he had a tendency (chuckling) to stand with his chest out and to the side

Garber (on Meloni’s performance)
- He does exude the heroic quality that the Green Lantern would embody

Madsen (as Kilowog)
- He feels he is the Trainer for the Corps

Helfer (as Boodikka)
- She is very passionate, very strong and has a little bit of a fun side

Here is GL's suit in the movie (again I apologize for the camera pics and the green tint - I think my TV is dying)
1000344lx2.jpg

1000343pq0.jpg

1000342py6.jpg

Hey, it's fine, man, and thanks very much! :D

WTF is up with the armor tho? First Batman....now GL? WTF does he need armor for? I hate these stupid stylistic things. I'm beginning to think that no one (these artists in particular) knows anything about comics or GL. Hopefully it looks more fluent in animation. At least it looks more like Hal than some of the movie concept suits they were throwin' around. Not everything needs to have armor though. If The Flash shows up with armor I will be pissed. Hopefully the movie suit is less machine looking and is instead more streamlined and fluent, that is the way to go with characters like GL, sleak and cool, not armory and bulky. Does anyone know the principle of the ring?

I think the story will be a quick origin, but will focus mainly on Hal and Sinestro. I have a feeling that it will be similar to Emerald Dawn 2, where Hal discovers that Sinestro is a a demagogue on his homeworld and he gets expelled from the corps, should be interesting. The art style looks good except for the suit, which would be fine if it wasn't so "armory".

I have to admit I'm surprised Michael Madsen wasn't tapped to voice Guy Gardner.

Yea gl doesnt need to have an armor look, though the suit looks nice.

Well, the Green Lanterns are space cops, so, the armors make sense. But i think each GL will have a different design. At least, Boddika will.

I wonder if Sinestro is going to use his yellow ring...

I have to admit I'm surprised Michael Madsen wasn't tapped to voice Guy Gardner.

Eeh, Madsen's voice doesnt match what I imagine Gardner would sound like.

Although I can't confirm this, the story feels like Hal Jordan will be the first and only Earthling that is a Green Lantern.

When they put Madsen's voice to Kilowog, it truly sounds like it belongs.

I am fortunate enough to live in NYC and have access to stores that sell movies early. I just picked up the Wonder Woman DVD (which is simply an amazing movie!!!). Here is what we have all been waiting for:

* The Green Lantern sneak peak is a 10-minute very in depth first look at the character and his origin.

* At least 5-minutes is spent highlighting the comic history of Green Lantern's origin (initially talking about Alan Scott and then Hal Jordan), delving into (actual) space travel and then back to the Green Lantern Corps.

* Lauren Montgomery (director of Wonder Woman) is directing this movie. Currently the movie is titled simply 'GREEN LANTERN'.

* This movie is described as a 'cop thriller set in outer space'. As per Bruce Timm, 'very little time is spent on Earth. It's a big galactic adventure'.

The cast is as follows:

* Christopher Meloni is the voice of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

* Victor Garber is the voice of Sinestro

* Michael Madsen is Kilowog

* Tricia Helfer is Boodikka

Other Green Lantern corps members also show up!!!

It is scheduled for release SUMMER 2009

did they show any footage?

Michael Madsen has a slow drawl with a raspy, gravelly sound. That's right for Kilowog, but wrong for Guy Gardner in my opinion. Gardner should be a fast talker with a sharp tone to his voice.

I'm beginning to think that no one (these artists in particular) knows anything about comics or GL.
The producers, directors and artists making these films are huge fans of the comics. That's evident every time you see them interviewed and on every commentary track.

Little side note:

Of course, Tricia Helfer is also known for the film "Walk All Over Me", where she played a Dominatrix:
20071206_helfer.jpg

Although I can't confirm this, the story feels like Hal Jordan will be the first and only Earthling that is a Green Lantern.quote]

That makes sense, if I rember right wasn't Hal the only Earth GL when he started out in the comics.

The armor is definately something they'll go with in the film.

The art looks great, but like others have stated, not liking the armor look. I also would've liked for there to be a touch of white somewhere.

This is probably my favorite voice cast so far. I wouldn't mind if they carried Madsen over to live action.

This is probably my favorite voice cast so far. I wouldn't mind if they carried Madsen over to live action.

The casting is very well chosen, and I could almost see them use Christopher Meloni, Victor Garber, Michael Madsen and Tricia Helfer in a live-action movie.

I however have to go with the Wonder Woman voice cast as my favorite. Come on...Keri Russell, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina, Virginia Madsen and Rosario Dawson are all simply awesome. PS, I'm also a HUGE Wonder Woman fan!!!

For the Green Lantern movie, there are still additional voice cast that have not been identified yet (but were clearly shown to have speaking parts based on the animated sketch sequences shown). They are Abin Sur, The Guardians of the Universe, Ch'p and other Green Lanterns.

I'll definitely be checking this out. And I'm liking their rendition suit. Wouldn't mind seeing something similar in the live-action film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"