Another Green Lantern DC Animated Movie in the works

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
According to Comics Continuum...
GREEN LANTERN ANIMATED MOVIE?

A Green Lantern animated project is in the works at Warner Bros. Animation, The Continuum has learned.

According to sources, it will be part of a direct-to-video project that will be timed for release of the live-action Green Lantern movie in the summer of 2011.

A representative of Warner Home Video said the studio will not comment on any film that hasn't been announced as in production.

According to sources, the new Green Lantern animated project takes a look at the origins of the Green Lantern Corps, including the first ring wielders.

At Emerald City Comic-Con last weekend, DC Comics' Geoff Johns hinted at a Green Lantern animated series, which would appear to be a different project.

Unfortunately, this doesnt sound like a sequel to First Flight, but it could still be interesting.

The title should be, "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps."

Sounds like this should be one of the 15 minute shorts on a longer feature for another character or an actual sequel to First Flight.

i beleive its due to be a pictures about the alien gls and the origins of the corps as a tie in sorta to the live action film.

Not surprising that they do this.

totally it is a good way to tie into the upcoming film(even if it isnt set within the film's universe and all that).

Sounds cool.

Now... GIVE ME MY SOLO FLASH DVD! Please.

i am sure flash is next up within the next yr or two. I am sure they will want one out around the time live action film happens if it gets off the ground this time.

i am sure flash is next up within the next yr or two. I am sure they will want one out around the time live action film happens if it gets off the ground this time.
I know, it's just... I want my Flash solo DVD now!

oh me too panthro. darn we have to wait and wait.

I know, it's just... I want my Flash solo DVD now!

We all do... we all do.

And, I think it's safe to assume that we'll be getting an animated tie-in to the new Superman, given that Warner Bros. is doing it with GL and has already done it with The Dark Knight.

well thats the issue though sawyer if they want to do a tiein if the whole legal stuff isnt settled with the heirs by the time they want to do this. Their really couldnt be much of a tie in movie unless its just on the events in the film or something. You know if they wanted the animated film to be a prequel/origin stuff. if they really are not doing no origin stuff at all(which if they do that i still say is a big mistake).

I wouldn't be surprised if Superman, arguably the most prolific superhero in animation, got a tie in DVD for his reboot film (barring legal issues of course - stupid heirs).

Well I guess this is as good a place as any to pop this question - who should voice Guy Gardner when the time comes to put him in a DVD? I wouldn't be against having Thomas Jane do Guy's voice. Or Steve Blum toning down the rasp that is his trademark, something closer to his Duke in GI Joe: Resolute.

I would say this sounds more like Batman: Gotham Knight where it is somewhat in continuity with the upcoming films than the other DC Animated projects.

Hopefully if it is, they'll do a better job at tying into the Green Lantern movie than Gotham Knight did with the Nolan Batman films.

Building up to the release of the highly anticipated live action film, Green Lantern, in theatres June 17, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights arrives on Blu-Ray™, DVD, On Demand and for Download June 7 from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation.

Fillion provides the voice of the animated film’s central character Hal Jordan, the human Green Lantern assigned to Sector 2814 (which includes Earth). Fillion has starred in several primetime television series including Desperate Housewives, Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He has also developed a popular cult following as a pair of Joss Whedon’s heroic captains: Capt. Mal Reynolds in the space-western series Firefly and follow-up film, Serenity; and Captain Hammer in Whedon’s internet sensation Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Fillion returns to the DC Universe after his successful turn as Steve Trevor in the animated film Wonder Woman, and has performed voice work on Justice League, Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., and several Halo video games.

Moss gives voice to Arisia, a young recruit forced into her first mission on just her third day as a Green Lantern. Prior to starring as the ever-evolving Peggy Olson in AMC’s ground-breaking series Mad Men, Moss was featured on The West Wing, Invasion and Picket Fences. Moss has been active in voiceovers for animation with previous roles in Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs, Freakazoid! and It’s Spring Training, Charlie Brown!.

The voice cast for the animated Green Lantern: Emerald Knights also features actor/spoken word artist Henry Rollins (Sons of Anarchy, The Henry Rollins Show) as Kilowog, Jason Isaacs (the Harry Potter films) as Sinestro, legendary professional wrestler “Rowdy” Roddy Piper (They Live) as Bolphunga, Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy) as Abin Sur, Kelly Hu (The Vampire Diaries) as Laira and Wade Williams (Prison Break) as Deegan. Radio Hall of Fame commentator/talk show host Michael Jackson voices the esteemed Guardian, Ganthet.

Bruce Timm is executive producer of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. Directors are Lauren Montgomery, Jay Oliva and Christopher Berkeley.

The full-length animated Green Lantern: Emerald Knights complements the Warner Bros. theatrical release of the highly anticipated live-action major motion picture, Green Lantern. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD, as well as single disc DVD. The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

Cool that Fillion is getting to do the voice and they have alot of other great voices invovled

I was kinda hoping that Guy, John, and Kyle would be in this though

I could not be more pleased that Fillion is voicing Hal! Gonna be another hit in the animated line!

Henry Rollins and Roddy Piper. Can't get much cooler than that. :woot:

Awesome cover, looking forward to this one!

looking forward to it! should be pretty interesting. I've enjoyed the last one.

i read somewhere they are doing a Green Lantern origin of the entire Green Lantern Corps

i read somewhere they are doing a Green Lantern origin of the entire Green Lantern Corps
There are apparently several stories being told to Arisia in flash back (it's her first mission);
One is the origin story of the first Green Lantern (loosely based on Rori Dag/Deegan (Wade Williams)

Others are;

Sinistro (Jason Isaacs)– Origin; potentially his rise to power and fall to darkness.
Abin Sur (Arnold Vosloo)- Either an origin story or “the prophecy” based on the Alan Moore’s story.
Kilowog (Henry Rollins) - Origin, destruction of his home-world, and when he was a GL rookie/trainee.
Laira (Kelly Hu) – Origin story.
Mogo - Hunted by Bolphunga (Roddy Piper) (based the Alan More story which first introduced Mogo)

And all tied together in an overreaching story arc featuring Hal Jordan(Nathan Fillion), Arisia (Elisabeth Moss) and the entire Corps; Which apperantlly will borrow at least some from the original Tales of the Green Lantern Corps mini-series and it's basic framing devices - The intro (first appearance) of Arisia as she joins and meets all the Corps, and is told some of their origin and history in flash back, and finally introduced to the villain Krona , who at the time attacks Oa.

If you haven't read the original Tales of the GL Corps mini it has been reprinted - http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/1401221556/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"