Sidekick
Reaction score
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters tie-In Game announced:
greenlanterngameteaser.jpg

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES

GREEN LANTERN: RISE OF THE MANHUNTERS

Players Continue the Adventures of the Green Lantern Film
On Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™

Burbank, Calif. – July 23, 2010 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters an action-adventure title that will be available in conjunction with Warner Bros. Pictures’ epic superhero feature film Green Lantern scheduled for release Summer 2011. The game will be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ and delivers an immersive experience for GREEN LANTERN fans that the entire family will enjoy.
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters is inspired by the feature film, which brings the enduringly popular DC COMICS SUPER HERO to the big screen for the first time and which stars Ryan Reynolds in the title role as HAL JORDAN, the newest member of the GREEN LANTERN CORPS. In the videogame players will utilize over a dozen constructs and take flight across the deepest parts of the Universe to restore intergalactic order by wielding the ultimate weapon: the Green Lantern power ring.
“Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters gives players the chance to experience the world of the Green Lantern mythology in an interactive way, going beyond the events of the film and comic books,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The game is the first to center around DC Comics’ Green Lantern franchise and we’re excited to give fans the opportunity to experience the power of the ring with engaging gameplay.”

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters is in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii by Double Helix Games and for Nintendo DS by Griptonite Games.
http://www.newsarama.com/games/green-lantern-video-game-announced-100722.html

greenlanternvideogame2.jpg

Nice promo art. Hopefully the official movie poster will be as good.

Buddy on the right sure does have one hellava grumpy looking frowny face.

There is a rumor going around that there might be a preview or the trailer for the game at the San Diego Comic-Con this week.

There's huge potential here for the game to be quite the experience.

Awesome Poster. I hope this game is good.

Seeing the X-Box Live logo on the poster gives me the feeling that there will be online content (possibly the capability to play online). I hope this is a multi-player game since I have 3 kids that might want to all play at the same time.

Last edited:
Online make your own lantern battles would be incredible
Hope this turns out good

Was hoping Rocksteady Studios would be behind this, but oh well. Hopefully it turns out well.

These guys made G.I. Joe and The Da Vinci Code game :doh::csad:

But they also made the Buffy video game, I loved that game so there is no telling if this will rock or suck yet.

Once they release some pix or footage, it'll give us an idea how the Corp will look like. The Power Ring is modeled after the movie version.

sounds cool hopefully it will be a decent game. but usually these tie in games dont end up being that good.

if its going to be free roaming in space and/or the universe, then i'm buying it day 1 :D

I'm just going to go ahead and subscribe to this thread :yay:

Let's hope this does for Green Lantern what Arkham Asylum did for Batman.

wasnt Arkham a standalone game that had no connection to the movies?

isnt this game made because of the movie and has because of that a shorter production time?

wasnt Arkham a standalone game that had no connection to the movies?

isnt this game made because of the movie and has because of that a shorter production time?

Yes and yes. Although they have been working on the GL game since last summer. I think maybe even a little earlier than that. That means at least 2 years of development. Of course they'd have to change stuff when the movie started, but I guess it should be enough to make an OK game. I hope.

Yeah, it's been in the making since last year, so nearly 2 years in devlelopment sounds good. Also, WB has a firm grip on their games so I hope quality will be involved.

From what I have been gathering from some of the posters, they are not impressed with Double Helix Games. Their CGI is not as good as some other outfits like Rocksteady and Square Enix. Double Helix is known for producing games for Licensed properties like GI Joe, The Golden Compass and The Matrix and others. My thinking is that this outfit can produce games on the cheap so that the licensor can make a big profit from each unit they sell. My hope it that WB Games licenses a subsequent game with a better company in the future, but that might only happen if there is strong interest in a Green Lantern game.

Johns talked about a Hal & Sinestro coop so I don't know if that's a way of confirming coop play or just a single player story sequence?

Let's hope this does for Green Lantern what Arkham Asylum did for Batman.

Arkham Asylum wasn't a movie game therefore a lot more care went into the game.

I don't see a SEGA logo, so there's hope.

Oh yeah, because only Sega makes bad movie tie-in games. All the non-Sega produced tie-ins are amazing games vying for game of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"