Geoff Johns DCE's Chief Creative Officer talks Green Lantern movie.

that's how I feel too; the final battle cannot be with Hector alone, especailly if it comes after the battle of Oa with Legion. You gotta raise the stakes as the movie progress and that was the structural problem with the first draft.

Now if they manage to have the final battle on earth, then include both Hector and Legion. but it has to be big. the problem is that you can't have a whole army of Green Lanterns on Earth. It's like using the entire LAPD for a bank robbery. Maybe that's why it makes more sense if it took place on Oa since all of the Lanterns are there already..

Whenever Geoff Johns acquires more influence, DC inches closer and closer to becoming an engine of unlimited awesomeness. Everything Johns' produces is specifically calibrated to appeal to me, so his involvement with this project can only result in pure win.

Yup i really hope we get to see alot of great stuff from his decisions as creative head in games/toys/cartoons/live action shows-movies.

I don't really like the change of Carol being an ex pilot. But we'll see.

Congrats to Geoff and Jim for obtaining their new positions with DCE!

Much deserved.....those two guys were excellent hires by Nelson!

Talented individuals who know what it will take to bring some of these DC characters to life on the big screen, on TV and animation.

I have met both Geoff and Jim, chatted with them took pics with them and shook hands and they are both great guys and cool kats!

Only way to go is up for DCE and DC characters onscreen IMO.

Love hearing that things are moving along well for GL.

Last edited:
That just exponentially increased my excitement. If geoff johns is that excited, then I'm that excited.

well i am sure any sets would be completed and ready to go by now. Since most reports have stated production starts first or second week of march. I am sure the cast have probably been doing rehersals too.

Apparently, he also said this:

Does this mean that the stages are all set up and ready to go?

They've been building the sets since early January. Ryan Reynolds mentioned on Jimmy Kimmell that he's has seen the prototype suits and that was in Sept.

You'll be surprise how long they've been working on everything..

I've always found Legion to be rather lame. I'm hoping that with Johns' involvement they'll replace him with Atrocious like what Johns did in the comics.

well i am sure even if in the comics legion is lame, i dont know myself. That in the movie it could be totally different. Plus we have already heard that the character has had major changes from what it was in the first draft to current drafts.

I've always found Legion to be rather lame. I'm hoping that with Johns' involvement they'll replace him with Atrocious like what Johns did in the comics.

Indeed. Too late in the game for that, though.

I guess that MTV Splash Page took John's two posts on Twitter and made an article on it. It would have been better if they went to the set to see if the could find somebody to interview there.

*Dances around shaking hands gleefully*

Omg! Omg! Omg!

It's so exciting!

...now if only they put out a weekly production diary video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"