GREEN LANTERN: RISE OF THE MANHUNTERS tie-in Game

Wow, ask and you shall receive. There's some DLC for the GL featuring Hal's classic color scheme. They even changed the lantern emblem on his chest. I'm hoping this is the first or more DLC to come. Come on constructs and more levels!

I can't find the download for the new costume/dlc for the xbox either.

The costume is on the game add on on 360. I gotta say this game is pretty good, nothing spectacular but its a solid action game and the ring powers are pretty awesome. Its a definite rental and Green Lantern fans may want to buy it

I must be blind then cause I can't find it.

I saw it on Xbox LIVE the other day. Didn't download because I didn't have the game yet. Amazon.co.uk just sent me the game (should have it next week) so I thought I'd download the costume. It's not there anymore. Can't find it.

I stumbled upon it looking for something else. I can't seem to find it again, either. I'm hoping this is the first of many DLC packs for this game. I keep feeling like, as fun as the game is, it could be SO much better with a few extra levels, and some more constructs to play with.

The game is, "OKAY", at best. Been playing it for a few hours today, I'm at the part where Hal takes off to find Kilowog on Biot. The story is, fine enough and the fighting system is even fun--it's just the levels are so damn repetitive and why can't he fly in the platform 3rd person levels? Like not even float around? The R stick on the PS3 controls is crap for this game, the camera is faulty--but it's not too, too bad.

It's about what you'd expect, but not worth the $60 bucks---probably going to return it.

-R

Well I've already platinumed it, after playing extremely casually. I received killzone 3 and beat it on elite, as well as not playing green lantern at all for a couple days.

Why did they remove the classic comic skin from Live? I have it on my harddrive. I haven't played the game yet...Have you guys tried the skin in game? I'm just wondering if it got removed for crashing the system or something?

Do you guys know if Player 1 is always Hal and Player 2 is always Sinestro? I guess what I'm asking is can you play as Sinestro if you are doing a 1 Player game...

Do you guys know if Player 1 is always Hal and Player 2 is always Sinestro? I guess what I'm asking is can you play as Sinestro if you are doing a 1 Player game...

Nope, Hal in one player only.

Why did they remove the classic comic skin from Live? I have it on my harddrive. I haven't played the game yet...Have you guys tried the skin in game? I'm just wondering if it got removed for crashing the system or something?

I have the skin downloaded on my XBOX, and I've used it a few times. Works just fine for me, but I can't seem to find it on the marketplace anymore.

I read that it was a pre-order exclusive from Walmart and was accidentally placed on Xbox LIVE for everyone.

Been looking for screenshots of it and can't find anything either. :(

Could somebody write out a plot for the movie. I have a site dedicated to the DC Movie Universe and need a plot. Would be a great help. I know the general jist of the movie but need more details.

Thanks

Considering this is just a tie in to a movie, i think its fantastic. how many movie tie ins are actually getting this much attention?

Well so far I'm enjoying this which is more than I could say about Thor.

Now this is how the Iron Man game should've been, GoW mixed with MUA and flight levels.

My only complaint is that GL can't fly or hover around during the 3rd person parts.

Hopefully Sega or whoever ends up making IM3 takes note from this and drop that open world/sandlot bs.

I also want some dlc for this, new costumes and other characters like Kilowog and the fish/chicken beak guy.

Considering this is just a tie in to a movie, i think its fantastic. how many movie tie ins are actually getting this much attention?

Yeah, I think it's fine to have fun with a simple tie-in games. I'm also pleased that Rise of the Manhunters has a accessible, affable attitude in its script and characters, since a lot of AAA games these days sound like they're trying to appeal primarily to the glib, elitist, tough-guy atmosphere you can find at GameFAQs on other big gaming sites (No More Heroes and the later Devil May Cry game tend to throw rebellious attitude at you nonstop). Sometimes, I just want to play a game, without it trying to induct me into a hip subculture.

The only thing about Rise of the Manhunters is that it's quite not worth $60. I'd wait till it comes down in price, like tie-in games usually do, and buy it used.

I got the game today, I'm loving it so far. Combat system is pretty sweet (It's pretty much GoW's combat system, and slightly Marvel Ultimate Alliance, IMO.) Graphics are surprisingly decent too. I've only beat the first two levels, though. I like all the upgrades/constructs you can get.

How would you all rate the game compared to other Movie tie-ins? Is it worth playing?

I'd definitely say it's worth playing if you're GL fan. You might want to rent it, it only takes about 8-10 hours to beat it. Unless you're a hardcore GL fan and just want to own it. (Or are really slow at beating games.) I'd rate the game an 8/10. It's pretty much how I pictured the movie would be. Alas, it wasn't, which really sucks.

All the constructs you can get is pretty awesome. I loved using the Jet plane and Mecha-Suit. It's also pretty cool that it's two player. A buddy can jump in at any time in the game. Graphics are surprisingly decent too. The game can get a little repetitive. I only played it an hour or two each day. My only complaint is that Mark Strong didn't voice Sinestro.

This had more of a "space epic/Star Wars" vibe I was hoping the movie would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"