DC Universe Animated Green Lantern Movie Thread

i just watched first flight last night.... i liked it, not love but like... its probably top 5 of animated CBM

As Prof. Farnsworth would say, good news, everyone! GL FF sales soared in its first week.

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php

Ttle.............................................. .....# of US DVD's sold
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman - Doomsday............................. 469,574

Batman: Gotham Knight.............................400,444

Justice League: New Frontier...................298,660

Wonder Woman...........................................262,702

Green Lantern: First Flight ..................235,593

It saddens me that Superman: Doomsday is their highest selling movie.

To be fair, it's also the one that's been out the longest.

To be fair, it's also the one that's been out the longest.

Thats true, but it's significantly higher than New Frontier (IMO, the best DC DTV so far. Sorry, still have yet to see GL :o) which came out only a few months after Doomsday.

Coming from a fan who only knows anything of the character from this site, I loved this film! My Wife and kids enjoyed immensely, more than WW, which we also enjoyed. Enjoyed NF, but it was average in our opinions. Yes, we bought all the dvd's on the same day...

Only issues I had was;
Hal's complete acceptance of everything. A bit odd, my 9-year old daughter actually mentioned "why isn't he surprised by aliens" which says a lot.
Sinestro was so obviously the 'bad' dude. It was just a matter of, will it happen this film, or a sequel.

Other than that, I loved it, and hope for more of this quality.

(and I've changed my mind, I hope the live action film's costume/suit mirrors Hal's in this movie).

Ttle.............................................. .....# of US DVD's sold
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman - Doomsday............................. 469,574

Batman: Gotham Knight.............................400,444

Justice League: New Frontier...................298,660

Wonder Woman...........................................262,702

Green Lantern: First Flight ..................235,593

considering these movies had supposedly beaten expectations I would hope WB would take a few more risks, get Teen Titans out there for a start.

(also I just realised we are in 'green lantern world' should that be called Mogo?:p)

i just watched first flight last night.... i liked it, not love but like... its probably top 5 of animated CBM
Same here. Just watched it days ago.I like it. I thought it was OK, but there were several things I disliked or found bad, especially the big yellow ball of Sinestro. I think I have the same complain as everyone, Hal mastering the ring within few days, etc ... The story was the weakest point in my opinion, and it was too fast too. Most of the design were great. All the alien world were great, the voice were excellent, I thought Boodika was under-used, and I must admit I was a bit deceived by Sinestro's voice. I think it due to his motivations too. At the beginning it was fine but then .. let's say I disliked the movie from the moment Sinestro has the yellow ring. Just a big bad guy one need to hit.
I understand that they had to cut or create some elements to make the film stands on its own but I think that was the weakest point.
Not bad movie anyway, really good scenes.
I would say I liked it, but I keep regretting the JL/JLU, I have the impression they just rush things to make a video and the small details that were so excellent in JL/JLU are missing.

10/10 for me the best Animated DC movie to date, they should have made a sequel

First Flight was great, there was a part of the movie where I really thought "Wow, these guys are screwed what are they going to do??"

10/10, one of the best animated comic book movies ever, got me into The Green Lantern now too

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"