The Green Lantern movie thread

it's so shocking how joshua jackson's name sometimes gets tossed around for potential roles, and honestly, I don't get it.

He's a really, really good actor when he wants to be. I don't think he'd make an appropriate Hal Jordan. But apparently he did very very well in his screentests for Batman.

He's a really, really good actor when he wants to be. I don't think he'd make an appropriate Hal Jordan. But apparently he did very very well in his screentests for Batman.

IMO, Josh very much looks the part of Hal Jordan, more than Bruce Wayne. But his acting might not be as good as the looks. Still, it seems like he's graduated from the teen pop genre.

I think Josh can handle himself a little better than hes given credit for. He is becoming one of those guys who gets suggested for everyone though. I thought he was entertaining in Transformers and actually acted a lot like Hal (sorta)

I think Josh can handle himself a little better than hes given credit for. He is becoming one of those guys who gets suggested for everyone though. I thought he was entertaining in Transformers and actually acted a lot like Hal (sorta)
IMO, Josh very much looks the part of Hal Jordan, more than Bruce Wayne. But his acting might not be as good as the looks. Still, it seems like he's graduated from the teen pop genre.
Okay folks, are we talking about Josh Jackson or Josh Duhamel right now??

Oh i was talking about Josh Duhamel. LOL didnt even know Josh Jackson was even being considered. Plus didnt Duhamel try out for JLA movie

Since directors tend to re-use actors they're familiar with a lot, I think it's safe to throw Timothy Olyphant's name out there as an actual possible candidate for the role. Not saying he'd be my first choice or anything, but realistically he's probably going to be one of the people they're looking at.

Since directors tend to re-use actors they're familiar with a lot, I think it's safe to throw Timothy Olyphant's name out there as an actual possible candidate for the role. Not saying he'd be my first choice or anything, but realistically he's probably going to be one of the people they're looking at.

Yeah so that's why it makes sense to look at Josh Jackson. Berlanti is probably familiar with the guy because he was a producer of Dawson's Creek. On another thread, someone said the GL lead should be a guy who has "been around but isn't a real household name." Jackson fits that category, he's not a corny teen prodigy anymore.

Yeah so that's why it makes sense to look at Josh Jackson. Berlanti is probably familiar with the guy because he was a producer of Dawson's Creek. On another thread, someone said the GL lead should be a guy who has "been around but isn't a real household name." Jackson fits that category, he's not a corny teen prodigy anymore.

James Van Der Beek would be a better Hal from the Dawson's Creek cast. They just need to give him a wig or dye his hair.

Edit: The actor who was the gay character has potential as Hal, too.

Ben Browder from Farscape and Stargate is my choice for Hal but I don't know if a studio would put a property like that on someone which such a limited fanbase.

I'm not too familiar with the Green Lantern lore but correct me if I'm wrong: Sinestro was a Green Lantern and friend of Hal. So for the first movie and to plan for a trilogy, Sinestro can't be the main film. Am I right?

1st film - Hal. Villain:?
2nd film - Hal -> Kyle. Villain: Parallax (Hal)
3rd film - Kyle, Hal. Villain:?

I'm not too familiar with the Green Lantern lore but correct me if I'm wrong: Sinestro was a Green Lantern and friend of Hal. So for the first movie and to plan for a trilogy, Sinestro can't be the main film. Am I right?

Not necessarily. I expect the filmmakers will at the very least give Sinestro a prominant role in the first film. He could even be revealed as the villain towards the end, leading to his defeat (or escape, which would take us to the 2nd film).

But if he is in the first film, there would have to be another menace (say, the Manhunters) before Sinestro is outed. That's probably how I would do it.

Ben Browder from Farscape and Stargate is my choice for Hal but I don't know if a studio would put a property like that on someone which such a limited fanbase.

Routh had less cred then Browder does and Superman is far more popular, but I agree. It does depend on the director and studio, though.

Browder would be a good Hal.

I'd love to see Ridley Scott take on the Green Lantern franchise.

As far as villains are concerned, I would want/think they should do something like this:

Part 1- Sinestro (I think they do the mentor, exile, yellow ring story in one film)
Part 2- Hector Hammond and the Manhunters
Part 3- Star Sapphire and one other villain I'm not sure of at the moment

i think the whole star sapphire thing should develop throughout the movie and set it up for the second movie while the second movie sets up the whole parallax thing for the third movie. sinestro could be the main villain in the first one and they can use flashbacks to show his past

Az:

Star Saphire should be saved for the sequel IMO.

She could fill a single movie up very easily.

Star Saphire should be saved for the sequel IMO.

She could fill a single movie up very easily.
I take it you have a specific story arc from the comics in mind then?

I take it you have a specific story arc from the comics in mind then?

More of an amalgamation and update of the Star Saphire saga.

With Carol set up in the first movie she can be taken by the Zamarons, brainwashed and set up to take down GL for them.

The Zamarons would be the true big bads while SS is their super-powered proxy. Their back story would make them very twisted enemies with a history connected to the Guardians.

They'd need to update the "love angle" of course. Perhaps using Johns' version for inspiration.

Hal would have to team up with SS to stop their big scheme.

This would be an Earth based story which can show more of Hal's life outside of being a super-hero which could build off characters and elements in the first movie with the Earth cast.

It practically writes itself.

I earlier wrote how I'd handle a Green Lantern film, if it were to be a one-off standalone project. But IF there was to be a trilogy of Green Lantern films, I'd probably go with something like:

Part 1 - Green Lantern Origin Story
Have Hal Jordan take the Green Lantern mantle from Abin Sur. Introduce the Corps and the Guardians. Have Hal be trained by Sinestro. Introduce Carol Ferris as a love interest. Have Hector Hammond as a love rival/antagonist. He becomes one of Green Lantern's first official opponents. Climax could involve revelation of Sinestro's corruption, and a one-on-one battle between Hal and Sinestro. Sinestro is defeated, captured, and banished.

Part 2 - Sinestro Corps War
Sinestro's revenge on the Corps. Finds the Yellow Power Battery on Qward. Gathers the Sinestro Corps. Big epic space battles, a film much larger in scope than the first. Possible introduction of Kyle Rayner and/or John Stewart?

Part 3 - The Blackest Night
Something tells me this upcoming arc is going to be incredibly climactic, and thus will probably have the same effect for the film franchise. The rise of the Black Lantern Corps, made up of the deceased. Work in Black Hand as a villain. Sinestro (incarcerated at the end of part 2) could perhaps find himself aligned with the Green Lantern Corps once more?

the major, thats what i meant, have carol ferris in the first and develop her to become star sapphire in the second one, kind of like what nolan's doing with two face only it would be for the first and second not second and third

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"