The Official Green Lantern Thread

Reaction score
Greenlantern156.jpg

So Common has been cast as John Stewart.

This thread will be dedicated to Green Lantern in the Justice League Movie.

*Costume
*FX
*Choice of John over Hal/Kyle/Guy
*Common's Performance
*Interaction with the other Leaguers
*Appearance of other Lanterns in this film or the sequels
*The Guardians

“ In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Lantern's light! ”

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Oh, no! Another ''Jordan X Stewart'' talkback?

This is worst then the perma-white debates!

Oh, no! Another ''Jordan X Stewart'' talkback?

This is worst then the perma-white debates!

If you are going to attempt at making a smart @$$ remark, please at least make sure that you spell everything correctly and use proper grammar. Thanks.

Poor baby. Go read ''Green Lantern: Rebirth''.

Hal's the best GL of ALL time and they should've used him but didn't to be PC and get ethnic diversity in the JLA once again. Hal gets NO respect.

But Stewart is tolerable occasionally and I think that Common is a great choice for him.

Poor baby. Go read ''Green Lantern: Rebirth''.

I have read it many times and it is actually my favorite graphic novel...

And I've never liked john stewart... Green Lanterns are cops, and stewart is black. It's like an oxymoron. Hal Jordan is a much better choice.

As for your comment, you fail at intelligent sarcasm. Why don't you go pimp out your monkey mobile instead? Kthxbye.

The only difference, my ignorant friend, is that i don't care.

And i also don't start bit(hing around because my farovite hero was not choosen to appear in a movie. By the way, you're quite racist, aren't ya?

The only difference, my ignorant friend, is that i don't care.

I don't believe that for a second... You post on this board and in this thread and that heralds some concern on the matter. It's not that you don't care... It's that you are satisfied with how they are portraying Green Lantern.

And i also don't start bit(hing around because my farovite hero was not choosen to appear in a movie.

You want a cookie? Some ice cream maybe? A donut? Congrats on not "bit(hing" but again it's because you are okay with how things are going. You would "bit(h" just as much if it was something that you didn't like, much in the way that you are "bit(hing" about me "bit(hing".

By the way, you're quite racist, aren't ya?

Not really, but what little there is definately is brought out when my favorite hero who I've been waiting to see in a movie like this my whole life gets the shaft for the ONLY reason that they want to put in stewart JUST because he's black eventhough Hal Jordan makes TONS more sense and would be what most real Green Lantern fans would want to see.

God forbid them have a group of all white superheroes.

I'm with you Odekhan. I want Hal as well. Hopefully the GL movie will get off the ground because, apparently, Hal will be the focus. :woot:

I wouldn't mind Kyle in JL, though.

If they insist on having an African-American character, they should use Black Lightning, imo.

Black Lightning isn't high profile enough for the first JL.

He could show up in the sequels. :D

If they do use him I hope WB gives Tony Isabella royalties for using his character.

I'm with you Odekhan. I want Hal as well. Hopefully the GL movie will get off the ground because, apparently, Hal will be the focus. :woot:

I wouldn't mind Kyle in JL, though.

If they insist on having an African-American character, they should use Black Lightning, imo.

I couldn't agree with you more... I love Kyle too and wouldn't be too bummed if he was in it, but I'd still rather have Hal.

Black Lightning, Steel, or Vixen would all work without screwing with the Green Lantern.

Yea it would have been nice for jla gl to be hal like it should have been but who knows how the film will turn out right now. And then we got the rumors of the solo flash and gl films and reports there have hal as lead gl there so if that film happens in the next few yrs hal fans should be happy, but right now if u want hal check out new frontier or the guest spots of hal on the batman.

I would have preferred Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner. Going based on the source material, I feel they are more interesting characters with more to offer in the context of the league. With John, you pretty much know what you're going to get. I don't know that they'll ask much of Common in this role.

I think John Stewart could be made interesting enough. I just sort of doubt that he will be, and I think using him because he provides "diversity" is absurd. If that's their goal, make Hal Jordan black and put him in the movie. Overall though, at least the action/special effects should be good. I'm not too worried about the "lantern" aspects working.

If John is the JLA movie's GL, though, I would like to see Hal or Kyle in any solo movies.

Look, Pal: You're a Nerd, i understand. But damn!

Green Lantern is going to have his own movie, it's going to be Hal, so stop complaining. It start to get annoyng after a while.

And John was choosen because of the ''Justice League Unlimited'' cartoon. He's the Green Lantern the public knows. So, prepare for questions like ''They made GL white?'' when the Jordan movie get released.

i already get those when i draw GL as Hal or when i wear my Hal shirt from target

Look, Pal: You're a Nerd, i understand. But damn!

Green Lantern is going to have his own movie, it's going to be Hal, so stop complaining. It start to get annoyng after a while.

And John was choosen because of the ''Justice League Unlimited'' cartoon. He's the Green Lantern the public knows. So, prepare for questions like ''They made GL white?'' when the Jordan movie get released.

The ratings for that cartoon were abysmal. If you were to add up the number of people who watched that cartoon and the number of people who have been reading comics since the Golden Age, I'm pretty sure more people know who Hal, Kyle, Guy, and Alan are. Prolly in that order.

I would have preferred Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner. Going based on the source material, I feel they are more interesting characters with more to offer in the context of the league. With John, you pretty much know what you're going to get. I don't know that they'll ask much of Common in this role.

I think John Stewart could be made interesting enough. I just sort of doubt that he will be, and I think using him because he provides "diversity" is absurd. If that's their goal, make Hal Jordan black and put him in the movie. Overall though, at least the action/special effects should be good. I'm not too worried about the "lantern" aspects working.

If John is the JLA movie's GL, though, I would like to see Hal or Kyle in any solo movies.

I agree with everything you said except for this:

"make Hal Jordan black and put him in the movie."

No, no, no, no, no.... That would make me even more angry. I really don't think I need to explain why this is a terrible idea.

And eventhough Hal will get a solo film eventually, the problem is JLA would come out first and establish stewart as the main lantern. Yes the few people who watched the JLU cartoon might think of stewart, but the GA (general audience) doesn't really even know who Green Lantern is. JLA would be main stream as a movie and more than comic nerds would see it. Hal needs to be portrayed here.

Was that an argument?

"protocida" isn't very good at communication, so whenever he/she/it can't think of anything good to say (which I would imagine is all the time) then he/she/it just spouts off at the mouth with meaningless and ignorant drivel.

The ratings for that cartoon were abysmal. If you were to add up the number of people who watched that cartoon and the number of people who have been reading comics since the Golden Age, I'm pretty sure more people know who Hal, Kyle, Guy, and Alan are. Prolly in that order.

yeah but who has been reading comics since the golden age? no offense, but old people. WB wants a younger audience and that audience knows John Stewart not Hal, Guy, or Alan. Maybe Kyle

Odekhan, i'm resisting to said the real ignorant speech here.

I Don't agreed with you. The end. Stop trying to have the last word. I'm only saying Stewart is who they know, Stewart is who they keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"