The Green Lantern Boards Housewarming Party

Keyser Soze

AW YEEEAH!
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Isn't it great? Green Lantern finally has his own board on the Hype! December 2010 is going to be upon us before we know it, but I'm sure it's going to be a fun journey getting there.

We've had the script, a release date has been announced, and now we have director Martin Campbell attached. But think of all we've got to look forward to! Casting, then the first photos that give us a glimpse of the costume, then there's production and the on-set scoops that come with it, then there's the trailers, the merchandise, the marketing overdrive, and finally, the film itself! The next couple of years should be a fun time for us GL fans, and these boards can be the hub where we all gather to share the experience!

So, now that we're all here.... let's get to know each other. Let's make this a place where we can introduce ourselves, talk generally about our love for Green Lantern, and our anticipation for the movie. Just let's try and keep Hal VS Kyle debates out of it! :cmad:

First things first, say it with me...

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight,
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!

You're damn right...

GreenLanternFinalCrisis.jpg

Great post KS! :D

Thanks. :)

So Lobo, you first. How, when and why did you become a Green Lantern fan?

Not sure when exactly, but I was a really little kid watching Superfriends reruns, and just thought he was cool, I specifically remember an episode where he used the ring to fuse him and Superman into one being and they basically told everyone else to just stay out of the way, thought that was really cool :D

From there, I went on to the comics, and just loved it. Hal is my favorite, but I'm also a BIG fan of Kyle's.

Hopefully we can have some fun and enjoy the ride all together. I know Lobo is a huge Green Lantern fan, and so am I. We should also be able to provide some news here and there on the project.

Just top add, I also love Alan Scott. So, Keyser, Show, can you believe that this movie is finally happening? :wow: :grin: :gl:

I honestly felt it was the best move for WB/DC and I am glad they are making it. I was always very confident we would see Lantern once the script was ironed out. It is exciting.

Its good to see DC/WB getting there act together, and making progress on their characters.

I honestly felt it was the best move for WB/DC and I am glad they are making it. I was always very confident we would see Lantern once the script was ironed out. It is exciting.

What did you think of the script, Show?

GL's probably my second favourite DC character after Batman.
I don't know what it is about him. Maybe it's the Star Wars-esque feel of the universe. Maybe it's the ring. Honestly, who wouldn't want a ring that could form into all kinds of cool stuff.
I really think this movie is going to be something special.

It's funny, I remember reading some Wizard article many years ago, joking that Green Lantern was the most unfilmable of all the major superheroes, given the outlandish nature and the difficulty in pulling off the likely huge level of required SFX. Oh how things have changed since then. :)

The unfilmable aspect is one of the things I'm looking forward to most!

Does that mean we should bring gifts?

I'm Green Lantern, real name is Rob. I've been a Green Lantern fan since 1993. At the time I was a Superman fan first and foremost. Supes made a guest appearance in Green Lantern 53, Kyle's third issue. I loved Kyle and from that point on I was hooked. I have not missed a monthly issue since 54. Not a big Hal fan, but I can tolerate him, hope to god the movie is good so that I can get a Kyle appearance somewhere down the line :)

Going by GL's format:

I'm Changeling, real name is Nick. Been a fan since 2002. I remember I really started getting into him when my dad's friend brought me a bunch of comic books, and I devoured them. I remember that there were a whole bunch of Bats and GL comics so that's basically how I became a fan.
Chris Pine for Hal!
:gl:

SO excited we now have a board for GL extremely excited about this movie being in the works both animated and live action. It's a great time to be a GL fan

I'm Protocida, real name is Will. I became a GL fan when it was bought for me some Comics, including "Justice League", that, here in Brazil, has 100 pages and has the adventures of "JLA", "JSA", "The Flash" and "Green Lantern". It was Judd Winnick's fase with Kyle Rayner, and I liked. But when "Green Lantern: Rebirth" got here and I read Geoff's portrayal of the mythos, that I really became a fan. Now, GL has his own comics ("DC Dimension: Green Lantern"), with "Green Lantern", "Green Lantern Corps" and "Booster Gold". My favorite. :woot:

Last edited:
So this is heaven?.....been a lurker on SHH for years and finally decided to sign up, one of the reasons being GL getting a section lol

Word's can not describe how happy and excited I am for a Green Lantern live action film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"