Guy Ritchie to direct Lobo

With the success of Sherlock Holmes, it was no surprise Ritchie would rather focus on the sequel than on Lobo. I guess it was kind of a contingency plan in case SH didn´t make enough money to get a sequel, or at least a fast track one.

probably so. Hopefully lobo wont end up like pretty much every other dc thing and sit away for yrs on end. If they are serious and want to do it they should get a new director in.

I'm glad it's not happening right now. Ritchie doing a PG-13 Lobo movie is a ******ed idea.

This is exactly why I told you guys to stop worrying about announcements and plans and crap. Give me a movie actually in production as proof is all I care about.

yea but still it could as silver said they could end up going with a new director and it could move on still. But with how all dc things are probably will be sheleved for who knows when. As for the whole pg 13 thing we all talked about it before sure we all would love R rated movies for characters like wolverine/lobo/deadpool. but its never going to happen. Since they want to market the film to teens and all that. But there is alot you can do with a pg 13 rating if they go serious and push the rating to the limit and all that. Also they could always film additional stuff for a later dvd/bluray release that could be rated R or uncut or something.

Lobo's not a good solo character movie guy.

No one will see a Lobo movie.

Until the 3rd movie and TV series came along.

Exactly his point. Let there be a first one. More people than you might think would probably see a Lobo movie.

Lobo's not a good solo character movie guy.

No one will see a Lobo movie.

It's all about the marketing. If the trailers look good, and it's pushed well early, it will get a good opening. If people like it, then word of mouth will make it a successful film. Lobo could easily be an action comedy that appeals to people. An alien spouting one liners and kicking ass isn't that hard to sell.

haha. i've noticed many people here aren't that disappointed to see Lobo being stall like this.

Or at least, wait for smaller DC-related movies like The Losers and Jonah Hex have to make some profit, THEN go ahead and greenlight Lobo.

It's all about the marketing. If the trailers look good, and it's pushed well early, it will get a good opening. If people like it, then word of mouth will make it a successful film. Lobo could easily be an action comedy that appeals to people. An alien spouting one liners and kicking ass isn't that hard to sell.

Yeah, I don't see how Lobo is any harder of a sell than Blade or Kick-Ass. Or, heck, Constantine or V for Vendetta. A medium budget action comedy doesn't seem like that hard of a sell.

I think people need to get it through their heads, that these smaller projects really have no relation to the big franchise tentpoles. Someone writes a good script and they can attach a director and cast, and it can go forward. There's no need for these elaborate 5 year plans for every comic book project.

I loved Sherlock Holmes so much that I'm actually pleased by this news.

Have not had time to chime in on this, but personally, I'm glad he dropped Lobo. I didn't have all that much faith in it anyway.

and I really think that..if WB/DC is gonna use a director like Guy Ritchie, use him for one of the bigger characters (The Flash) and not Lobo. Give Lobo to someone younger or newer, but with talent of course.

probably so now with sherlock holmes being the hit it is. If he was to do a bigger gun character who would u guys like to see him tackle?

It shouldn't have anything to do with big name directors for big name characters. That is the wrong mentality to have. It should be about who is best suited, and Ritchie fitted with Lobo pretty well. There isn't really many comic book characters who would marry well with Ritchies style. Lobo is one of the ones who does fit. Overall, I'm disappointed. But I loved Sherlock Holmes so I look forward to part 2.

I wasnt particularly excited in Guy for director of Lobo anyway. Very capable, just not exciting choice. Frankly, put Neveldine and Taylor on this flick and move it to space and you might have a shot at a cool cult flick. I mean Lobo is the same type of protagonist as Riddick or Snake Plissken. He would easily work.

Smake plissken in space is how the guys who reviewed the script described him. I'd love to get my hand on that script

Smake plissken in space is how the guys who reviewed the script described him. I'd love to get my hand on that script

Yeah, I love that Smake Plissken character too, Lobo.

He's not as cool as Snake Plissken though. ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"